Coronavirus

52 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

No, they are not locking out, they are reinstating hard borders which means they have to view your permit as you drive across the border which means humongous queues again at border crossing.  She is reinstating it because it was originally meant to be an honour system with random checks but several tossers didn’t have their permit when pulled over for random check and were from areas which are not permitted into Queensland.  

Sorry I just saw this from QLD Health Minister

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, truck said:

Sorry I just saw this from QLD Health Minister

I think they also may be allowing people to quarantine at home unless I heard this wrong.  

I thought this would be a recipe for disaster if that’s the case 

1 hour ago, -H- said:

Yep, hope you're not planning on bolting to Victoria! That horse has bolted. Non Vic residents can't enter, and returning Vic residents have to quarantine. 

I'm going to be returning from a green zone but I still have to apply for a fresh permit, because the red zone has changed since I submitted my application. 

Wait what?  Non Victorians can’t enter Victoria?  I thought you could still fly in from perth or as?

re the permit, it got a text overnight cancelling the one I did 2 days ago.  Doesn’t matter now as I’m not going north anymore. 

when Cronulla cancelled their parkrun, I figured its pointless Going.  

1 hour ago, truck said:

Qld locks out all of NSW tonight. Apparently because people are lying - how she knows they’re lying I’m not sure. 

Apparently because they're stupid enough to be crossing the border in a car with NSW plates on and got caught in a "random" search without the correct paperwork or in some cases any paperwork.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

No, they are not locking out, they are reinstating hard borders which means they have to view your permit as you drive across the border which means humongous queues again at border crossing. 

From personal experience I can tell you there was up to a 31/2 hour wait at the main highway border crossing this afternoon.  All vehicles had their paperwork inspected.

Apparently there was significantly less wait time if you knew about one lesser known border crossings.

1 hour ago, Prince said:

I think they also may be allowing people to quarantine at home unless I heard this wrong.  

I thought this would be a recipe for disaster if that’s the case 

From the ABC just now

There are different rules for residents and non-residents, and they depend on where you've come from and when you were in a designated NSW hotspot.

Here's what you need to know.

Where are the NSW hotspots?

It's a long list. Queensland has designated 35 local government areas (LGAs) in NSW as coronavirus hotspots and you need to know if you've been in one.

Check the list here. It covers everything from Greater Sydney to the Blue Mountains in the west, south to Wollongong and to the Central Coast in the north.

Anyone who attempts to travel to Queensland must apply for a Queensland border declaration pass

If you arrived in Queensland after 1:00am on Saturday, you should already be in hotel quarantine.

Before the Saturday deadline, new arrivals only needed to get a test and quarantine at home for 14 days from the day they left the Northern Beaches.

For people who have visited Greater Sydney, the rules are different.

Anyone who arrived in Queensland from Greater Sydney before 1:00am on Monday should have already been tested. 

Remember that once you get a test you need to stay at home, or in some accommodation, until you receive a negative result.

As of 1:00am on Monday, the rules changed again.

If you're travelling to Queensland after 1:00am on Tuesday, prepare to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve — 14 days, in fact — in hotel quarantine at your own expense.

That will cost travellers $2,800 or $3,700 for two adults sharing. The cost rises to $4,620 for a family of four.

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/13002182

Edited by Mike Del
15 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

From personal experience I can tell you there was up to a 31/2 hour wait at the main highway border crossing this afternoon.  All vehicles had their paperwork inspected.

Apparently there was significantly less wait time if you knew about one lesser known border crossings.

Yeah I used that last time.

3 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

From the ABC just now

If you're travelling to Queensland after 1:00am on Tuesday, prepare to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve — 14 days, in fact — in hotel quarantine at your own expense.

That will cost travellers $2,800 or $3,700 for two adults sharing. The cost rises to $4,620 for a family of four.

Only if you are coming from a declared hot spot.  So people returning from say coffs or Dubbo only need a border declaration

9 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Only if you are coming from a declared hot spot.  So people returning from say coffs or Dubbo only need a border declaration

Till the Government changes its list of hotspots and then you're stuffed because you've got the wrong pass.

That happened the first time borders were closed.  The list of hotspots was changing almost hourly and people couldn't keep up.

1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

Till the Government changes its list of hotspots and then you're stuffed because you've got the wrong pass.

That happened the first time borders were closed.  The list of hotspots was changing almost hourly and people couldn't keep up.

This is why we didn’t change our Christmas holiday to mums place on the north coast.  
the last thing we wanted was to have to get from Byron to the Vic border with 10 hours notice.  Or come via South Australia.  

and wife refused to go to WA to see her family after I thru myself on the sword, because she hates the heat.  

1 hour ago, Peter said:

This is why we didn’t change our Christmas holiday to mums place on the north coast.  
the last thing we wanted was to have to get from Byron to the Vic border with 10 hours notice.  Or come via South Australia.  

and wife refused to go to WA to see her family after I thru myself on the sword, because she hates the heat.  

We need a better solution to all this, I have said before we are a modern country. This is going to go on for the next 2 years and our federal government are not in any hurry to get the vaccine out there.

we also need to stop premiers playing politics and so called keeping us safe. Safe from what it’s only the old, over weight diabetics smokers etc that die and why should we be punished because they made bad life choices

9 minutes ago, chris said:

We need a better solution to all this, I have said before we are a modern country. This is going to go on for the next 2 years and our federal government are not in any hurry to get the vaccine out there.

we also need to stop premiers playing politics and so called keeping us safe. Safe from what it’s only the old, over weight diabetics smokers etc that die and why should we be punished because they made bad life choices

What we really need is less dickheads who think that rules to keep society safe don't apply to them.

If they could do this then we probably wouldn't need so many pedantic rules in the first place.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Peter said:

Wait what?  Non Victorians can’t enter Victoria?  I thought you could still fly in from perth or as?

Sorry, I was talking about people who had been in the red zone of Sydney/Central Coast 

• Thanks 1

There was a positive case in our daughters work building  in the CBD  this week, so she spent 4hrs in a queue at RNS getting a test y'day.  Both our girls have now been tested during the pandemic, but not us out here.

They are hoping to fly out of Sydney on Wed & Thurs to come to us in regional NSW for Xmas, but it will be touch and go I reckon.  We offered to put them on earlier flights, but they said no.  Might all fall in a heap tomorrow.  You can tell Glady's in walking the razors edge between not ruining Xmas for lots of people, and being hauled over the coals for not acting harder/faster with a hard border around Sydney.

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

There was a positive case in our daughters work building  in the CBD  this week, so she spent 4hrs in a queue at RNS getting a test y'day.  Both our girls have now been tested during the pandemic, but not us out here.

They are hoping to fly out of Sydney on Wed & Thurs to come to us in regional NSW for Xmas, but it will be touch and go I reckon.  We offered to put them on earlier flights, but they said no.  Might all fall in a heap tomorrow.  You can tell Glady's in walking the razors edge between not ruining Xmas for lots of people, and being hauled over the coals for not acting harder/faster with a hard border around Sydney.

Yeah, one of my colleagues mentioned there might have been a case that visited the MLC food court, thats a stones throw from my office in Martin Place, luckily the last time I was at the office was Thursday and I have tested negative since. We've been told to work from home. They are due to make a new decision on the "3 days a week plan" from January this week. Not that my leads and managers give a toss, they are happy for us to stay at home as long as we deliver.

57 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yeah, one of my colleagues mentioned there might have been a case that visited the MLC food court, thats a stones throw from my office in Martin Place, luckily the last time I was at the office was Thursday and I have tested negative since. We've been told to work from home. They are due to make a new decision on the "3 days a week plan" from January this week. Not that my leads and managers give a toss, they are happy for us to stay at home as long as we deliver.

My office in Sydney was going back from feb 1 at 75% staff.  

now delayed to April. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Nsw trace and trace is impressive. 

I was in Sydney CBD at the beginning of last week.  Turned out there was a positive case in the building I was in (different floor).  As soon as that was known I was contacted by the company I was seeing requesting my ok to forward my details on to NSW health in case they wanted to get in touch and to check I was feeling ok. My contacts were then tested and came back negative so all of that took 36hrs from beginning to end.

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

Its all Blown over.  

Nsw trace and trace is impressive. 

sadly the other states will stay shut for some time. 

vic will open way before others but wa and sa won’t be until feb I’d guess. 

Dan must be really disappointed.  But seriously, I think it will be tomorrow’s figures which will give a true indication.  🤞  

On 18/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, Peter said:

It seems the NSW gold standard might have just been lucky when Vic were unlucky. 

71BEEB62-E85D-49F8-8EEA-E908249CEB52.png

5D481DAE-A0D4-4169-B046-2989E3B25F9B.png

877AACF8-B4ED-4939-B484-000EA1B7312D.png

Too early to tell but the difference between containing the outbreak between Vic and NSW is looking quite different. This is not their first outbreak but all of them have been handled, so far! Hopefully our new case remains 1, or at least a small cluster.

1 hour ago, Turts said:

One posiitve picked up from Sydney, arrived in Vic. 

Stopped at Gundagai food court on the way down - so now thats on a watch and wait too. 

Damn. 

Ring fence Sydney. 

I stopped there for lunch on Sunday. NSW can't say whether the girl was there Thursday or Friday, how can they not know that?  Bizarre 

2 hours ago, -H- said:

I stopped there for lunch on Sunday. NSW can't say whether the girl was there Thursday or Friday, how can they not know that?  Bizarre 

Dr Chant said the 15-year-old girl and her family had stopped at Oliver's Real Food Outlet at Gundagai, mid-to-late afternoon on Friday, December 18.

That should be fine, Ive never seen anyone in them Oliver’s places :lol: 

Lucky it wasn’t Maccas 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, roxii said:

Dr Chant said the 15-year-old girl and her family had stopped at Oliver's Real Food Outlet at Gundagai, mid-to-late afternoon on Friday, December 18.

Lucky it wasn’t Maccas 

It's separate from the truck stop with the food court, right?  

More down at the dog on the tuckerbox? 

5 hours ago, roxii said:

Lucky it wasn’t Maccas 

18 minutes ago, Turts said:

It's separate from the truck stop with the food court, right?  

More down at the dog on the tuckerbox? 

That's where it is and where I was 

Now there's a positive case who visited Orange (where I've been staying since Sunday). Some news outlets are saying Orange has been declared a hotspot but the official sources don't say that (at this stage) 

8 hours ago, -H- said:

Now there's a positive case who visited Orange (where I've been staying since Sunday). Some news outlets are saying Orange has been declared a hotspot but the official sources don't say that (at this stage) 

Fingers  crossed for you -H-

I just hope they don't change the red zone again, I'm heading back to Vic today. NOT via Albury, thankfully - looks like a long queue to get across the border there (similar to Tweed Heads heading to Qld)

9 hours ago, Turts said:

There a bloody long list of locations in and around Sydney now. Jeez. 

Some saying isolate for 14 days even if you get a negative test. 

Yeah I think that’s always been the case there are levels of contact 

“close contacts” 14 day isolation regardless of test result 

“casual contact” is get tested and isolator till you get your results 

then there is a lower level which is monitor for symptoms and get tested if you get any symptoms 

or something like that. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, roxii said:

Lucky it wasn’t Maccas 

We did the drive thru at the twin servos on the way to Port, no sit down dining for us, too risky still so close to Sydney. Avoided getting out of the car until Raymond Terrace for a fuel top up. No way were we going to be going near anyone, especially with negative tests on Saturday. Pretty much just locked ourselves up until we got here :o 

Edited by MissJess
11 hours ago, -H- said:

Have you been tested yet? 

So a guy I work with got a call from nsw health. He was at the kirribilly hotel  when there was a positive case.  He has been told to get tested. And his family who weren’t there.  All must stay at home even if they test negative until New Year’s Day. 

they got tested and its now Been 54 hours plus a few since the test and still no results. That’s a worry its taking I long. 

but also good that nsw health have been extremely clear and call daily to field any questions 

44 minutes ago, Peter said:

So a guy I work with got a call from nsw health. He was at the kirribilly hotel  when there was a positive case.  He has been told to get tested. And his family who weren’t there.  All must stay at home even if they test negative until New Year’s Day. 

they got tested and its now Been 54 hours plus a few since the test and still no results. That’s a worry its taking I long. 

but also good that nsw health have been extremely clear and call daily to field any questions 

Daughters negative result came through at 3am this morning, so about 39hrs after testing at RNS.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Have you been tested yet? 

No, the person spent 10 minutes in the shopping centre on Saturday arvo and people who were there at the same time have to get tested and isolate. I was there a couple of days later so only have to monitor for symptoms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Daughters negative result came through at 3am this morning, so about 39hrs after testing at RNS.

I tested at Homebush drive through at 9am Saturday, result back at 7.30pm that evening. 39 hours is concerning. Might be the labs over that side of the city are over burdened, but that is a good thing, it means people are going in to test, it also puts people out of circulation if they do what they are told.

• Like 1