Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

No, they will claim he is a god and his swift and decisive action nailed it before it spread.....

Agree. 

No new cases doesn't mean ppl are not contagious. Lock it down and get it sorted. 

It's only 6 days and not 112 like Vic. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Agree. 

No new cases doesn't mean ppl are not contagious. Lock it down and get it sorted. 

It's only 6 days and not 112 like Vic. 

 

 

 

 

It seems to me the ealier action of contact tracing and requiring those to isolate days ago was the best work of any State - especially considering the geographical distribution of the early cases. 

It will be interesting to see what their sewerage results look like in coming days, as they are saying this strain has particularly mild or no symptoms.  With people testing based on symptoms, there may be a fair few "missing". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m surprised he bothered given SA can’t leave home and even next week will be locked into a 5km radius of home. 
 

Quote

The Victorian government has closed the South Australian border, after coronavirus fragments were detected in Portland in the state’s far west on Saturday.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced a temporary "hard" border closure would come into effect as of midnight Thursday. That will be followed by a permit system which will come into effect from

Acting Chief Health Officer Allen Cheng said the fragments were found in wastewater samples on Tuesday that had been clear of the virus last week.

Professor Cheng said the viral fragments could either be from an active case, or a recovered case who may still be shedding the virus.

"It's always difficult to interpret," he said. "It is possible that a recovered case for Melbourne has visited these areas."

Anyone who has been in Benalla or Portland since Sunday with any symptoms should get tested immediately, he said

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’m surprised he bothered given SA can’t leave home and even next week will be locked into a 5km radius of home. 
 

 

he's probably suffering from media deprivation syndrome.  Nothing like a premier closing a border to get front page news.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Turts said:

It seems to me the ealier action of contact tracing and requiring those to isolate days ago was the best work of any State - especially considering the geographical distribution of the early cases. 

It will be interesting to see what their sewerage results look like in coming days, as they are saying this strain has particularly mild or no symptoms.  With people testing based on symptoms, there may be a fair few "missing". 

Yes thanks to a young doctor who heard someone coughing in the waiting room at the Lyell Mac Hospital. They were there supporting a patient, the Dr heard them coughing and made them take the test. 

Kudos to that man. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My border pass arrived, almost 24hrs after I'd crossed the border 🤪

Seems the pass applications are now being spent to police stations all over Qld for processing by people who have nfi.

But hey, doesn't matter, AP managed stuff enough Qlders into Suncorp to get a result 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Peter said:

Yep. Its why AP rules for her state borders are bullshit.  Either open or close. 
 

then there 50,000 for tonight footy game. 
 

glad you got into Queensland.  Stress over. 

Coming up to Yr 12 graduation here in QLD and schools close to here are constructing outdoor facilities to hold them in (not sure if this everywhere).  So yes it's fine to have 50,000+ at the footy but no luck having school functions in their normal place for some bizarre reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, truck said:

Coming up to Yr 12 graduation here in QLD and schools close to here are constructing outdoor facilities to hold them in (not sure if this everywhere).  So yes it's fine to have 50,000+ at the footy but no luck having school functions in their normal place for some bizarre reason.

Its crazy    Classic example.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Annastacia Palaszczuk know she’s a premier and what that position means?

she isn’t right in the head  

 

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has called on Queenslanders to help her write a text to NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian following her state's State of Origin series win.

The Queenslanders won the deciding match on Wednesday, leading Ms Palaszczuk to boast about the state's victory - and take the opportunity to rub salt into her counterpart's wounds after the pair's war of words over border closures. 

'Many people have asked me what I text NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian,' she told reporters on Thursday. 

'Well I'm asking Queenslanders what should I text the NSW Premier.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Does Annastacia Palaszczuk know she’s a premier and what that position means?

she isn’t right in the head  

 

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has called on Queenslanders to help her write a text to NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian following her state's State of Origin series win.

The Queenslanders won the deciding match on Wednesday, leading Ms Palaszczuk to boast about the state's victory - and take the opportunity to rub salt into her counterpart's wounds after the pair's war of words over border closures. 

'Many people have asked me what I text NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian,' she told reporters on Thursday. 

'Well I'm asking Queenslanders what should I text the NSW Premier.

 

One thing for sure this country will never be the same again thanks to the state premiers playing popular politics 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Does Annastacia Palaszczuk know she’s a premier and what that position means?

she isn’t right in the head  

 

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has called on Queenslanders to help her write a text to NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian following her state's State of Origin series win.

The Queenslanders won the deciding match on Wednesday, leading Ms Palaszczuk to boast about the state's victory - and take the opportunity to rub salt into her counterpart's wounds after the pair's war of words over border closures. 

'Many people have asked me what I text NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian,' she told reporters on Thursday. 

'Well I'm asking Queenslanders what should I text the NSW Premier.

 

I saw that on the news tonight. About sums her up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

'Well I'm asking Queenslanders what should I text the NSW Premier.

 

How about....."Lets meet for coffee and cake and sort this mess out."

The quality of leadership (or lack thereof) and the level of maturity (or lack thereof) that has been displayed recently by these two female leaders has set the cause of gender equality in our political system back by at least 10 years.   

Seriously, if you want immaturity and pass the buck leadership, vote a bloke in.  Males are far more qualified in those departments than any woman ever will be.  

If we had 2 blokes as Premiers, they've have organised a corporate box at Suncorp stadium,  knocked over a few beers, watched the State of Origin and sorted it all out.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Does Annastacia Palaszczuk know she’s a premier and what that position means?

she isn’t right in the head  

 

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has called on Queenslanders to help her write a text to NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian following her state's State of Origin series win.

The Queenslanders won the deciding match on Wednesday, leading Ms Palaszczuk to boast about the state's victory - and take the opportunity to rub salt into her counterpart's wounds after the pair's war of words over border closures. 

'Many people have asked me what I text NSW Premier Gladys Berijiklian,' she told reporters on Thursday. 

'Well I'm asking Queenslanders what should I text the NSW Premier.

 

It's heady time to be Premier. Not only do most people in your state now know who you are, amazingly, so do people in other states! 

Some Citizens even tune into your press conferences. Unprecedented.

Rockstars

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dazaau said:

It's heady time to be Premier. Not only do most people in your state now know who you are, amazingly, so do people in other states! 

Some Citizens even tune into your press conferences. Unprecedented.

Rockstars

And some might eve  know how to spell your last name......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a series of lies in Adelaide led to the  lockdown due to the virulent strain that wasn’t. Back to normal until the next one then...

Makes the States that immediately locked their borders look a bit stupid as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news. 
 

re the strain, its totally Different to anything previously seen in Australia.  
 

its the UK strain.  Well that’s what the CHO of SA just said.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, truck said:

Looks like a series of lies in Adelaide led to the  lockdown due to the virulent strain that wasn’t. Back to normal until the next one then...

Makes the States that immediately locked their borders look a bit stupid as well. 

As Peter said , they said yesterday they'd identfied it as a UK strain - so something new. 

The extreme reaction to information form one person was probably needed, but it's good they followed up. Pity the investigators didn't get it sooner. 

Unfortunatey, it doesn't surprise me that some twat decided it was funny, necessary or unimportant to give false information.   There are always people out there that lie and deceive for their own benefit, or to hide something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, -H- said:

South Aussies are good at seeing the funny side 

I can see the funny side.  Just imagine if you were one of those that spend the last 3 days getting on the booze thinking that you were going to be stuck at home for 6 days.  Only to discover that restrictions have been lifted but now you're too drunk to get out and enjoy it  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

So do the people who were forced into quarantine  free to leave, or had to pay for return flights get reimbursed by the government -?

Does WA open their border now?  And Victoria?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

So do the people who were forced into quarantine  free to leave, or had to pay for return flights get reimbursed by the government -?

 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Does WA open their border now?  And Victoria?

It doesn't mean there isn't community transmission and a local breakout in SA which they are rapdily getting under control. It will soon be under control and the soft border will again be in place for SA folk. But right now, there is an issue which is being addressed. Same as for NSW and for Vic. Soon, but not yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no “issue”, what scared the bejeezers out of the scientific people is that the guy in question lied which made them believe this strain of virus was something new , transmissible by cardboard box and within a much shorter time frame, hence more virulent, and as such there would be a truck load of people infected who bought pizza in those few days.  They locked everyone up because of this supposition, since proven to be false.  I can’t believe they are keeping the strict lock down for several days.  Crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

Does WA open their border now?  And Victoria?

Northern Territory removing SA as a hot spot tomorrow.  Anybody seen any of the other premiers’s comments on the situation ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez that’s tough. Know a guy who was driving to the NT for a holiday from NSW. Just got to the SA NT border two days ago, hit turned away. Decided to grad to the coast and give up on NT. Now he’s at the coast and this happens.

Gee you’d be spewing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Northern Territory removing SA as a hot spot tomorrow.  Anybody seen any of the other premiers’s comments on the situation ?

If McGowan gets his way no one ever will come to wa

Link to post
Share on other sites

“Hotspot”.

Me to the Covid Hotline and Health NSW “ Err, can you tell me where the hotspots are listed as I cannot find them ?”   Response “well, there is no criteria or words on our website for “Hotspot” - we call it “Areas of Increased Testing””.

So can everyone in NSW stop using the wording “Hotspot”, because NSW Health do not use it. 

Doh !!!

FM

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, -H- said:

South Aussies are good at seeing the funny side Screenshot_20201120-151650.thumb.png.dbaaecf0bb807b4ea7e2ef26d178d377.png

This guys efforts could have been better put to use by not eating any food. Got a bit of a girth going on there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...