27 minutes ago, -H- said:

Lucky you don't swim any more, anyone who swam at the Aquadome on Saturday has to self-isolate

I don't swim in public pools. I have a 50m private pool I have access to. 

& I still don't swim. 

TBH 

I was thinking about racing Ironman California but with travel restrictions, cost of flights and the possibility of the race getting cancelled. I'm going to stay retired. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

Traps for young players trying to get a Qld border pass:

1. They changed the system about a week ago so you now need to apply online at least 3 business days before to ensure you get your pass on time.  Previously it came within seconds.  Apparently the Qld Govt definition of a 'new streamlined system' is that 3 days is more streamlined than 3 seconds 😆

2. The transit questions regarding passing through a hot spot are ambiguous - none may obviously apply.  We are flying from Armidale, to Sydney (a hotspot), not leaving the airport, then fly to Brisbane.  There is no transit option that clearly identifies this as an option (though there is one that might mean this???).  Wife rang Qld Govt and he said doing that, we were supposed to tick the option 'driving to the airport, only stopping for fuel/food'....but we are not actually doing that!

3. If you tick none of the options, it will tell you you can't enter!

Another clusterf*ck.  Apparently set up by the Qld Police?

Anyhow, we are unlikely to get our passes on time, but the Qld Govt guy put a flag on our applications saying fly anyway & the police can look it up in Brisbane airport and see that we only transited through Sydney airport (a hotspot) and all will be good 🙄. Hope so.

So here are the options. We chose #3, cos that is exactly what we are doing & the govt guy told us we should have chosen #6.  How the fcuk does that work if you are flying, not driving to Sydney airport?????

Transit

1. I will arrive at the Gold Coast airport to transit directly by road to leave Queensland without leaving the vehicle

2. I will arrive at an airport in Queensland by air to transfer directly to another flight to leave Queensland without leaving the confines of the airport

3. I will arrive in a COVID-19 hotspot by air for the sole purpose of transiting through the airport and I will not leave the confines of the airport

4. I am entering Queensland via air and will quarantine until the time of my flight to leave Queensland

5. The only time I was or will be in a COVID-19 hotspot was for the sole purpose of transiting through the hotspot by road using private transport, stopping only for essential fuel, supplies and rest breaks, and will wear a protective mask any time I stop and will not stay overnight in a COVID-19 hotspot

6. The only time I was or will be in a COVID-19 hotspot was to arrive by road for the sole purpose of transiting through the hotspot and use private transport to travel directly to an airport, stopping only for essential fuel, supplies and rest breaks, and will wear a protective mask any time I stop, to depart the COVID-19 hotspot by air

7. I will be on the vessel Spirit of Tasmania

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

So here are the options. We chose #3, cos that is exactly what we are doing & the govt guy told us we should have chosen #6.  How the fcuk does that work if you are flying, not driving to Sydney airport?????

Transit

1. I will arrive at the Gold Coast airport to transit directly by road to leave Queensland without leaving the vehicle

2. I will arrive at an airport in Queensland by air to transfer directly to another flight to leave Queensland without leaving the confines of the airport

3. I will arrive in a COVID-19 hotspot by air for the sole purpose of transiting through the airport and I will not leave the confines of the airport

4. I am entering Queensland via air and will quarantine until the time of my flight to leave Queensland

5. The only time I was or will be in a COVID-19 hotspot was for the sole purpose of transiting through the hotspot by road using private transport, stopping only for essential fuel, supplies and rest breaks, and will wear a protective mask any time I stop and will not stay overnight in a COVID-19 hotspot

6. The only time I was or will be in a COVID-19 hotspot was to arrive by road for the sole purpose of transiting through the hotspot and use private transport to travel directly to an airport, stopping only for essential fuel, supplies and rest breaks, and will wear a protective mask any time I stop, to depart the COVID-19 hotspot by air

7. I will be on the vessel Spirit of Tasmania

I think you should go with no.7 and just say you got a bit lost. 

• Haha 1

Look at this dumb shit!

Your Queensland Border Declaration Pass application has been refused for the following reason:

After reviewing the answers they should have ticked driving from a non-hotspot to the sydney airport by private vehicle to fly into QLD. You will need to re-apply with correct information The evidence you have provided in your application for a Queensland Border Declaration Pass is inconsistent with the situation you have described as your basis for entry into Queensland. You can reapply for a pass online. Please provide evidence consistent with the situation you describe as your basis for entry into Queensland.

We are not driving to Sydney airport!  We are flying!

3 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Look at this dumb shit!

Your Queensland Border Declaration Pass application has been refused for the following reason:

After reviewing the answers they should have ticked driving from a non-hotspot to the sydney airport by private vehicle to fly into QLD. You will need to re-apply with correct information The evidence you have provided in your application for a Queensland Border Declaration Pass is inconsistent with the situation you have described as your basis for entry into Queensland. You can reapply for a pass online. Please provide evidence consistent with the situation you describe as your basis for entry into Queensland.

We are not driving to Sydney airport!  We are flying!

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, it sounds like you have been talking to QLD Health via the covid hotline.  Good luck.

11 minutes ago, Merv said:

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, it sounds like you have been talking to QLD Health via the covid hotline.  Good luck.

It is 13Covid related to border passes.

We've re-applied, have chosen the answer they said to chose (i.e. the wrong answer!) and will just have to wing it.

The Qld Govt bloke said when you get to Brisbane airport, the police check your pass.  Said they can look it up in the system if we don't have it yet and it should be fine.  Fcken better be!  He was wrong about this issue - he put a flag on our applications saying we should have chosen the (wrong answer) thus the above rejection was the result!

• Like 1

The Feds have come out and said there has been no medical advice provided to any State that their borders need to be shut to manage this. In fact it’s the opposite providing your management systems are up to speed.  Why do the States keep misleading everyone and just say it as it is - political decisions are driving their responses. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, truck said:

The Feds have come out and said there has been no medical advice provided to any State that their borders need to be shut to manage this. In fact it’s the opposite providing your management systems are up to speed.  Why do the States keep misleading everyone and just say it as it is - political decisions are driving their responses. 

Our guy mcclown is on an Even bigger power trip

1 hour ago, truck said:

The Feds have come out and said there has been no medical advice provided to any State that their borders need to be shut to manage this. In fact it’s the opposite providing your management systems are up to speed. 

Well of course they did.  No surprises there.  All the mainland states that partially or completely closed their borders are all Labor states (Tasmania being the exception)

1 hour ago, truck said:

Why do the States keep misleading everyone and just say it as it is - political decisions are driving their responses. 

And just to burst your bubble - Making "political decisions" is what politicians do....all the time.   They make political decisions to provide the best advantage to themselves and their backers and the least advantage to their opposition.   Taking this situation as an example...Its in Scott Morrisons and the Federal Liberal Partys best interest to get the borders open because (from memory) he has an Federal election to worry about next year.   It may not necessarily in the best interest of the various states to open the borders - particularly if you're a state with low or zero community infection rates and high levels of freedom like WA.

You need to remember that we, as in the members of the general public, are seen as supernumerary to the whole process and as such, any residual benefit from those political decisions to the aforementioned members of the general public can be considered to be  purely coincidental. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

And just to burst your bubble - Making "political decisions" is what politicians do....all the time.   They make political decisions to provide the best advantage to themselves and their backers and the least advantage to their opposition. 

My bubble got burst a long time ago...😄.  I am just so sick of AP making claims that medical advice is behind the decision making. 

21 minutes ago, truck said:

My bubble got burst a long time ago...😄.  I am just so sick of AP making claims that medical advice is behind the decision making. 

Yeah I agree.  I was happy with the full border closure but this partial border closure fails any sort of pub test.

Thinking about the quarantine issues with the virus accidentally escaping. 
I worked on a few buildings sites where asbestos was being removed and all workers left their clothes on site to be laundered and they showered and changed before leaving site. 
surely that would be an easy option for stopping the virus travelling home from these hotels. 

10 hours ago, roxii said:

Thinking about the quarantine issues with the virus accidentally escaping. 
I worked on a few buildings sites where asbestos was being removed and all workers left their clothes on site to be laundered and they showered and changed before leaving site. 
surely that would be an easy option for stopping the virus travelling home from these hotels. 

NIce idea but it won't work if the person concerned already has the virus in there system.  

Bleach kills virus. Maybe they could swallow a cup of bleach before they head home....(aside)Can we do that?

17 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

NIce idea but it won't work if the person concerned already has the virus in there system.  

Bleach kills virus. Maybe they could swallow a cup of bleach before they head home....(aside)Can we do that?

Yeah but if they already have masks and gloves and suits then that part should be taken care of.

Edit: or do the just need to live on site FIFO style.  Considering the cost of a lockdown again, it would be pretty cheap in comparison to pay them well for those willing to do it. 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I wonder what the number will be of active cases in SA that NSW and VIC shut the borders?

50? 

last I heard Vic and NSW have not shut the borders. They are discouraging non-essential travel, but orders still fully open.  That is what, 20, and 14 suspected? 

NT and WA slammed shut again, turning around planes and trains (The Ghan). 

NSW I think is a bit gun shy about shutting the border due to all the whinging about Qld - but I'd like them to work WITH Vic this time.   Living in the NW corner where the 3 states meet makes things stoopid when they act independantly and change every 2 secs. 

GB was just saying that closing borders isn't the answer - States need to trust the contact tracing of theirs and other States - seems another slight dig at Qld and WA

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

I wonder what the number will be of active cases in SA that NSW and VIC shut the borders?

50? 

whens the press conference?  last I saw was delayed.  Maybe it's like DA was - the later in the day, the worse the news. 

almost everyhting shut except for really essential.

Mandatory masks.

Stay home.

No exercise outside the home

No regional travel.  From midnight tonight, you must stay where you are.

Only one person to leave the house per day for essential food. 

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

ouch

it's more extreme than Melbourne in the no outside exercise at all. 

No reasons to leave your house except for essential services. 

And only 2 new cases today - but the CHO was saying the epidimiology of this one has a 3 day generation period, sothey are trying to break the cycle. 

5 minutes ago, Turts said:

it's more extreme than Melbourne in the no outside exercise at all. 

No reasons to leave your house except for essential services. 

And only 2 new cases today - but the CHO was saying the epidimiology of this one has a 3 day generation period, sothey are trying to break the cycle. 

On balance I think short and sharp is better than the long long Victorian winter model :) More along the lines of the kiwi model. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dazaau said:

On balance I think short and sharp is better than the long long Victorian winter model :) More along the lines of the kiwi model. 

indeed.  If it works, and stops there. 

But I reckon there will be ongoing changes and restrictions. Hit it hard and ease off, rather than go in easy and get harder

• Like 1

So they are saying that a Security Guard at Peppers Hotel got it....oh and if that is all correct, yet another case of someone working part-time in one place then part-time in another. So, a lesson that should have been learned from Melbourne. Give them enough blooody shifts and they won't have to work 2 jobs!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/south-australia-announces-six-day-circuit-breaker-lockdown-20201118-p56fpj.html

....close contact of a part-time worker at the Woodville Pizza Bar who worked as a security guard from the original outbreak Peppers hotel.

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Interesting they are saying its a Different strain to Vic and nsw.  Its faster Acting and more infectious.  

I heard also milder symptoms?  But it's early days

Premier Steven Marshall announced on Wednesday the state would enter lockdown at midnight to combat a 'particularly sneaky' and 'highly contagious' mutation of COVID-19 which has infected two more people taking the cluster in Adelaide to 22 cases. 

The mutation has a very short incubation period of 24 hours or less and SA Health have observed a number of COVID-19 positive patients with little symptoms or none at all. 

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

So they are saying that a Security Guard at Peppers Hotel got it....oh and if that is all correct, yet another case of someone working part-time in one place then part-time in another. So, a lesson that should have been learned from Melbourne. Give them enough blooody shifts and they won't have to work 2 jobs!

https://www.smh.com.au/national/south-australia-announces-six-day-circuit-breaker-lockdown-20201118-p56fpj.html

Did someone say private security guard and Hotel Quarantine in the same sentence 😮

please tell me it wasn't organised on Whatsapp :lol:

Edited by dazaau
6 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Did someone say private security guard and Hotel Quarantine in the same sentence 😮

Yes, I bet Marshall won't cop the same treatment from the Murdoch press though (or does that belong in the politics thread)

48 minutes ago, dazaau said:

please tell me it wasn't organised on Whatsapp :lol:

and moonlighting at a pizza joint. 

Those working hotel quarantine should be fully supported to have that as a one and only job.  It's a high risk area. 

Like having a nurse in a COVID ward moonlighting in aged care between hosptal shifts. 

2 hours ago, dazaau said:

Our in NZ level 4 could still go outside. No restriction on time or distance but only on foot or bike. But asked to keep local. No gatherings 

No being allowed outside is harsh 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

This will be the longest I have gone with out a donut in a long time...

Just head to the shops with the rest of Adelaide at nokoff today, and buy a dozen.  Ration them like dunny paper.     2 a day! 

We have successfully made it into Qld! But the new pass system is an entire clusterf@#k.

If you want to see stressed border police visit Brisbane Airport! They are doing a great job I must say, under a system that is clearly broken.

The key problem is this. Sydney airport IS NOT A HOTSPOT! We only found this out when we asked the police at Brisbane airport. But nowhere on the Qld border pass application site does it say this, and the map shows the airport in a hotspot. And the local govt area which contains the airport is the very first hotspot listed (Bayside).

So half the people arriving in Brisbane airport from Sydney airport have ticked the box 'have been in a hotspot', and then the nightmare begins.

This could have been avoided entirely if some smart public servant (do they exist?) had put on the website in big bold letters right up front 'Sydney Airport is not a Hotspot' 🥴

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

For those who don't like lockdowns and border control:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

But the border control is scientific BS.

We travel on a plane from Sydney to Brisbane which is choca block.  We all walk into the airport together, no social distancing.

Then 50m into Brisbane Airport, those from a hotspot  (i.e. a Greater Sydney suburb) who I assume are bound for quarantine get corralled down one lane, and the rest of us go down another lane and are released into the Qld community.

But prior to that parting of the ways, we've all just been cheek to jowl on a plane for over an hour, and then rubbing shoulders in a line.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

Yep. Its why AP rules for her state borders are bullshit.  Either open or close. 

then there 50,000 for tonight footy game. 

glad you got into Queensland.  Stress over. 

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yep. Its why AP rules for her state borders are bullshit.  Either open or close. 

then there 50,000 for tonight footy game. 

glad you got into Queensland.  Stress over. 

Yup.  And my wifes bike even appears to have made it in one piece.  Just got to get it to Hamilton Island and put it together and hope it all works for her then we'll be happy as Larry!  Don't care if it gets busted on the way home 😁.....though she does now appear to be reneging on doing the bike leg, and just wants to run.  So I'll be up for a swim then a ride on a girls bike 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Zero new cases in SA. 

First day of lockdown. 

I don't really get it. They has 17 in one day initally, then 3, 2 and 0.  Then initiate full lockdown. 

Seems it was alreaduy stopped to a degree. 

I wonder if the SA premier will cop flak for such a significant reaction to a small and decreasing number. 

14 minutes ago, Turts said:

Zero new cases in SA. 

First day of lockdown. 

I don't really get it. They has 17 in one day initally, then 3, 2 and 0.  Then initiate full lockdown. 

Seems it was alreaduy stopped to a degree. 

I wonder if the SA premier will cop flak for such a significant reaction to a small and decreasing number. 

No, they will claim he is a god and his swift and decisive action nailed it before it spread.....