• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Prince said:

if Palasook is consistent, the borders should be closed again  to regional NSW due to the 4 new cases today. She is so fake 

I still think she has to either open fully or close once NSW allows Victorians in. 

The ironic part is, NSW is doing worse than Victoria currently and NSW people can drive over the border. 

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

I still think she has to either open fully or close once NSW allows Victorians in. 

The ironic part is, NSW is doing worse than Victoria currently and NSW people can drive over the border. 

Absolutely.  The borders should have been open a month ago.  She is now built herself into a corner 

Just now, Prince said:

Absolutely.  The borders should have been open a month ago.  She is now built herself into a corner 

I’d personally like her to close them and protect all the people that voted for her from the horrible Covid virus. 

and in 4 years time, maybe they might realise they’d like it open. 

32 minutes ago, -H- said:

The High Court has upheld WA's border closure, and ordered Palmer to pay the state's costs

As if he will pay anything. 

wonder if Mark will back out of his previously announced opening to all states except Vic and nsw now?

20 hours ago, Peter said:

As if he will pay anything. 

wonder if Mark will back out of his previously announced opening to all states except Vic and nsw now?

18 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Why would he do that?

He’s drunk on power and doesn’t want anyone in or out of WA. 

• Like 1

So they now have sewerage detection in Rouse Hill (NW Sydney). I am now wondering if Dan is going to let us into Victoria! Still swirling around in SW Sydney (Liverpool) I am working on a re-issue of our race packs for next weekend demanding no spectators. :(  

This is why people in melbourne got so pissed with the government and the useless health department. And also of comments coming from other states telling the people of Victoria to do the right thing. 

People were just doing what the so called experts told them to do. 

5C574F16-91FE-4F86-8659-6C34C92940B8.png

B2801AD8-F380-470B-B4E5-3344987B16D9.png

3264918D-0453-4F1E-872A-F90887AC5E17.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Peter said:

This is why people in melbourne got so pissed with the government and the useless health department. And also of comments coming from other states telling the people of Victoria to do the right thing. 

People were just doing what the so called experts told them to do. 

5C574F16-91FE-4F86-8659-6C34C92940B8.png

B2801AD8-F380-470B-B4E5-3344987B16D9.png

3264918D-0453-4F1E-872A-F90887AC5E17.png

Wow... Should I be surprised, yet another example of the government blaming the public at the time when in fact they were the ones as fault. 

The sad thing is the public are stupid, they will re elect him rewarding him for the loss of lives and millions of dollars. 

If the private sector was this incompetent they would be charged with negligence and put through the wringer... 

Edited by more

There is also a report on.last night 730 report where the health system is 15 yr behind where staff protection should be. 
and that the Vic health staff were told the wrong information and what PPE was supplied and that all was fine, yet they all got Covid. 

the kicker, Dan Andrews was the minister for health and knew and had the chance to fix it when he was in charge.  Then became premier and still did nothing. 

yet blamed the public for doing the wrong thing and he knew the whole time, the department of health was the issue in most cases. 

dr Norman swan story below  

watch the story here. https://tinyurl.com/y4clzl75

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, truck said:

Why do they keep saying there's 10m doses when each person needs two shots so that's 5m people?  Apparently marginal electorates will get first batches....

It should at least go to the states that have opened their borders

25 minutes ago, Prince said:

Yup, bugger Queensland and WA.

@truckAs for the dose count, dammit, I heard 10 million doses, and thought...ok. 3.5m old people (65+), 700k health workers, maybe less than a mill immunocompromised, so ~4mill left. But that looks like I am not getting any now.

Honestly they are going to need to hand it to us poor buggers in capital cities that have no choice to take germy trains and our bosses are talking about us coming back into the offices. Good luck getting me back in there on a Shitney Train. I know people driving into the office from way out west!

43 minutes ago, Prince said:

I vaguely remember seeing a story about this and the logistics of rolling out this specific vaccine is mind boggling.  Has to be stored at extremely low temperatures (i.e. -70 to -80 deg C ) and at refrigerator temperature (approx -10) the shelf life is a matter of hours (not days or weeks) 

#UPDATE US far exceeds its previous daily record of new Covid-19 cases, adding 201,961 cases in 24 hours, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally

Wow. America is screwed if the side effects post of Having the virus are even half true. 

1 hour ago, truck said:

Why do they keep saying there's 10m doses when each person needs two shots so that's 5m people?  Apparently marginal electorates will get first batches....

Surely you'd prioritise healthcare workers and the most vulnerable demographics

56 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Surely you'd prioritise healthcare workers and the most vulnerable demographics

I think I said back on page 16 haha 

healthcare 

over 60s

Emergency services 

metro Melb Syd Brisbane 

anyone travelling 

country Vic Syd Queensland 

sa Tas nt 

west aust 

Do we actually now need a vaccine here it’s basically eliminated 

just insure any international arrivals are covid free and vaccinated and if you travel os get a shot before you go

easy really 

Edited by chris
16 hours ago, Prince said:

I think the NSW premier hit the nail on the head here. The borders haven’t been opened to Queensland and Western Australia because they haven’t even tested their ability to deal with an outbreak of Covid and would probably fail if they did open. 

so I sorta don’t blame qld and wa not opening. Their health department like Victoria’s originally, just isn’t up to the job. 

Ms Berejiklian admitted she wouldn't even send a text to the Queensland leader ahead of the match, saying she was still frustrated by Ms Palaszczuk's refusal to open the border to Sydneysiders and arguing that both states' economies were suffering.

'I think I've made my case clear. And she's made her position clear. And I don't think that she's going to budge,' she told ABC TV.

'It's a lot at stake. I think that the goalposts that Queensland has set for opening the borders to NSW is unrealistic, and I just wish that they would act in a more compassionate and common-sense way.

'There was 'absolutely no health advice which says that NSW poses a danger to anybody.

'Quite the contrary. We have tested our system. Queensland hasn't. WA hasn't,' she finished

13 hours ago, chris said:

Do we actually now need a vaccine here it’s basically eliminated 

just insure any international arrivals are covid free and vaccinated and if you travel os get a shot before you go

easy really 

but how do we travel overseas without a vaccination ?

1 hour ago, Prince said:

I know that countries that require vaccination ask for proof for entry, perhaps in order to depart Australia you will need proof you are vaccinated, if you choose not to vaccinate, or cannot provide proof, you will end up having to be put into quarantine. 

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Did I not say to come back in so going out still vacation required but what the point otherwise even Victoria is 13 days now and 14 is eliminated 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I think the NSW premier hit the nail on the head here. The borders haven’t been opened to Queensland and Western Australia because they haven’t even tested their ability to deal with an outbreak of Covid and would probably fail if they did open. 

so I sorta don’t blame qld and wa not opening. Their health department like Victoria’s originally, just isn’t up to the job. 

Contact tracking why there will be nothing to trace. 

mcgowan is continuing to play scare politics 

but yes we have no ability to trace and we had 7 months to sort this shit out

4 minutes ago, chris said:

Did I not say to come back in so going out still vacation required but what the point otherwise even Victoria is 13 days now and 14 is eliminated 

but the virus is impossible to be eliminated, even with a vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, chris said:

Really what do you call 7 months on wa 

Yeah, but what happens when you let someone in from interstate without any quarantine? 

We were going well here in NSW (after that wave caused by the floating petrie dish) until some Victorians came up here, QLD were having a great run until they have some idiots sneak their way back in from Melbourne via Sydney.

24 minutes ago, chris said:

Really what do you call 7 months on wa 

The the results of being almost completely isolated from the rest of the world.  Makes it very easy to control the entry of the virus to the state when you only have Airports and Ports to monitor.  Its not as if its an easy drive from "someplace with the virus" to WA.     

Shows that isolation is a good way of being able to control the virus.

Whether WA can still maintain that virus free status if/when the borders open is another question entirely.  

So how does this work? 

No new cases in Vic for 13 days yet :

A Cotton On and an H&M store have been added to Melbourne’s COVID public exposure sites.

On Thursday, the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed a case had shopped in the CBD on November 8.

They went to H&M at 350 Bourke Street from 3pm to 3.50pm and Cotton On Body at 211 La Trobe Street from 3.55pm to 4.40pm.

Surely if no one has tested positive for 13 days no one should be out and about spreading the virus on Nov 8th. If Vic had gotten to the great place the are in now, they should come down like a ton of bricks on anyone breaking isolation if that's what it was. 

18 minutes ago, roxii said:

So how does this work? 

No new cases in Vic for 13 days yet :

A Cotton On and an H&M store have been added to Melbourne’s COVID public exposure sites.

On Thursday, the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed a case had shopped in the CBD on November 8.

They went to H&M at 350 Bourke Street from 3pm to 3.50pm and Cotton On Body at 211 La Trobe Street from 3.55pm to 4.40pm.

Surely if no one has tested positive for 13 days no one should be out and about spreading the virus on Nov 8th. If Vic had gotten to the great place the are in now, they should come down like a ton of bricks on anyone breaking isolation if that's what it was. 

Isn't this to do with someone who travelled back to SA from Melbourne, and tested positive in SA? 

8 minutes ago, Turts said:

Isn't this to do with someone who travelled back to SA from Melbourne, and tested positive in SA? 

Dunno, the article didn't go into any detail on the person. 

Edit: that would make sense though. 

3 minutes ago, roxii said:

Dunno, the article didn't go into any detail on the person. 

Edit: that would make sense though. 

Yeah a nurse apparently. 

finished working in aged care.  Went shopping on the way to the airport on the 8th. 

But agree. Weird if she had it on arrival in Adelaide, why hasn’t the SA government put a warning out for everyone on the fight. Baggage guys at both ends? 

Victoria has put out warning for the T4 airport terminal. 

but nothing about it in Adelaide. 

On a side note. They are smashing out the testing here in the northern suburbs where the last few outbreaks were.  Testing everyone. Symptoms or not.  

tipping dan wants as many don’t before the border opens to nsw.  

i hope he dumps the compulsory masks outdoors on that day. 

more than happy for them indoors, public transport etc...  they clearly work 

As the state edges closer to a fortnight free of new infections, Melbourne has two hotspot alerts after an aged-care worker who flew to Adelaide tested positive for COVID-19.

State Health Minister Martin Foley said the woman, in her 20s, was suspected of viral shedding.

She visited Melbourne Central before departing from Melbourne Airport on Monday.

Her infection is thought to be an old one, after she contracted and was cleared of the coronavirus in August.

However, she is being treated as infectious by health authorities while in hotel quarantine in South Australia.

Anyone who visited Melbourne Central last Sunday between 2pm and 5pm, or were at Melbourne Airport’s Terminal Four from noon to 1pm on Monday, are asked to get tested if symptoms develop.

Another two positive cases in Victoria are also likely to be viral shedding, but all three remain under investigation.

I'm just leaving this here with a massive eye roll - Cameron Dick -

Debate over the NSW Queensland border has intensified after Queensland Treasurer Cameron Dick proclaimed NSW could not control COVID-19 in comparison to Victoria.

NSW health minister Brad Hazzard labelled Mr Dick’s comments Gladys Berejiklian had “spent more time attacking and criticising Queensland than managing her own state” offensive and “not necessary”.

“I think the bottom line here is that we have actually had our state open for months, open, and our economy is leading the rest of Australia when it comes to opening up,” Mr Hazzard told 2GB.

Earlier Mr Dick told 4BC radio NSW could not control coronavirus outbreaks.

“We have now seen almost a record number of days without infection in Victoria - they have done an incredible job and are perhaps the only place in the world where a second wave has been crushed,”

“NSW can’t control it… they are still bumping along,” he said.

17 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I'm just leaving this here with a massive eye roll - Cameron Dick -

Debate over the NSW Queensland border has intensified after Queensland Treasurer Cameron Dick proclaimed NSW could not control COVID-19 in comparison to Victoria.

NSW health minister Brad Hazzard labelled Mr Dick’s comments Gladys Berejiklian had “spent more time attacking and criticising Queensland than managing her own state” offensive and “not necessary”.

“I think the bottom line here is that we have actually had our state open for months, open, and our economy is leading the rest of Australia when it comes to opening up,” Mr Hazzard told 2GB.

Earlier Mr Dick told 4BC radio NSW could not control coronavirus outbreaks.

“We have now seen almost a record number of days without infection in Victoria - they have done an incredible job and are perhaps the only place in the world where a second wave has been crushed,”

“NSW can’t control it… they are still bumping along,” he said.

If the behaviour of AP wasn't so serious it would be comical what's going on.  I can travel interstate where I can meet people who live in Syd but have also traveled for the meeting. Come Dec 1 people from Mel can also travel to that meeting.  After the meeting I can travel back to Brissie and have been in full compliance with all laws as far as I can see.  However, I can't travel to Syd or Mel to meet those people.  There is no way that this can be based on medical advice because it would either be all or nothing.

I have family who live on the gold coast, one a teacher, one employed by a small business..  They have been told that if they go interstate they are not allowed to mingle with people from Sydney or known hotspots.  They will not be allowed to return to work if they do so until they have been cleared.......  Try telling a 9 year old that they cant play with their sydney cousins at the beach this year.  🤷‍♀️

Article from the ABC a few days ago about how the Victoria government is still failing its health care workers.

This quote from one of the front line physicians kind of sums it up:

"What you need to do is fix the root cause of this and stop trying to push this back on to healthcare workers as if we have a problem — people are broken because we're working within a broken system that does not appear to be caring for us or listening to us," she said.

She said the Government needs to do more to make sure transmission does not occur in healthcare settings, including ensuring appropriate fit-testing of N95 face masks and improving ventilation.

"What we don't need is more yoga, mindfulness and wellbeing Wednesdays," she said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-08/healthcare-experts-not-enough-doing-enough-to-protect-workers/12860380

Edited by Cat Lady
sp
17 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I have family who live on the gold coast, one a teacher, one employed by a small business..  They have been told that if they go interstate they are not allowed to mingle with people from Sydney or known hotspots.  They will not be allowed to return to work if they do so until they have been cleared.......  Try telling a 9 year old that they cant play with their sydney cousins at the beach this year.  🤷‍♀️

LOL 😂.  Okay I won’t tell anyone.  Please. Give me a spell.  

people will be doing it already. So many wouldn’t care. 

50 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Dick.. HEAD of course you can control it if you lock everyone up 🤣