Coronavirus

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

As other posters said above. CONTACT TRACING. That bloody app did not work, only got 4 cases 🤣

I'm going out to pubs, restaraunts and cafes in Sydney. Each and every one of them has asked me to scan the QR code, and then show them I have scanned and submitted my information before I am allowed in. Our Tri Club has a ServiceNSW QR code and those who are not registered to race or volunteer need to use it to be on site, not that there are many of them - as we are running with no spectators. Only stores and supermarkets don't ask up here, but they have strict capacity limits and you are always moving around. Trains, I wear a mask. My pool is still using pen and paper though. My massage place only asks for a scan when I do not use my Health Insurance.

I saw news this morning that there were places still using pen and paper down there, that creeps me out on so many levels. Gross pens, gross paper, then my details for all to see! Some still aren't even asking. I'm mostly concerned as if Melbourne Metro screws this up, and the ring of steel is down then regional victoria will cop blowback. Guess I won't be seeing the olds in Echuca!

14 minutes ago, roxii said:

She wanted Virgin to stay based in Qld, then tries to send them broke! 

yep,  the thing is that pretty much people were waiting to find out about the announcement today before booking holidays at Xmas. Now,  they will be looking at other options. People will holiday elsewhere and many will rebook for the following Xmas i have no doubt.  Her response just isn't proportionate as to what is happening in NSW or Vic at the moment.  

The announcement about the borders wasn't meant to be made until the 1st November so she has purposely brought it forward on the eve of the election. She also spent $600k to do polling on her border decision a few weeks ago it has also just been revealed. 

It is so political i am feeling sick. If Qld had a better opposition leader, they would be absolutely tearing her to bits. 

Edited by Prince
19 minutes ago, MissJess said:

I saw news this morning that there were places still using pen and paper down there, that creeps me out on so many levels. Gross pens, gross paper, then my details for all to see! Some still aren't even asking. I'm mostly concerned as if Melbourne Metro screws this up, and the ring of steel is down then regional victoria will cop blowback. Guess I won't be seeing the olds in Echuca!

I was at a cafe this morning and they had a code on the menu and tables. 
then just went to lunch in a Vietnamese joint and they were the same. 

places are using them. 

I’d love to see Alan Joyce say open to Sydney by dec 1 or we won’t fly there for 2 years.  

it would allow virgin to then charge $1000 a ticket and then no one would go.  Putting her in a bad situation.  I’d tip she’d cave fast. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Merv said:

Working in Surfers atm. Construction has ground to a halt, busiest people are emergency services, quarantine hotel workers and uber drivers.

What percentage are hotels on the Gold Coast occupied?  

Edited by Peter
3 hours ago, Peter said:

I was at a cafe this morning and they had a code on the menu and tables. 
then just went to lunch in a Vietnamese joint and they were the same. 

places are using them. 

Subway has the same. 

I've been out for food once since this whole thing opened up- sandwich from subway with a friend. 

QR code and store code on the tables and the entrance. 

1 minute ago, Turts said:

Subway has the same. 

I've been out for food once since this whole thing opened up- sandwich from subway with a friend. 

QR code and store code on the tables and the entrance. 

I’m in the cbd next Wednesday and Thursday.  

I’ll check out what’s happening there then 

As a somewhat vocal supporter of the Queensland border closures over the past couple of months, even I'm saying WTF!!!!!!

Seriously, border closures has to be all or nothing.   Half doing the job is achieving nothing and pissing off everybody.   What they've got now is nothing but a pointless exercise and a recipe for disaster.

Take for example the following  scenarios.

1. I go to Coffs Harbour for Christmas where I'm surrounded by those "virus carrying" Sydney people who havn't quarantined.  Afterwards I can cross the border back into Queensland and no quaratine period required. 

2. I go to Wollongong for Christmas.  Going down is OK because I'm spending 2 weeks in Wollongong.  Doing the return trip Wollongong to Brisbane which involves travelling through Sydney (without stopping in the greater Sydney area) means we have to spend 2 weeks of self-funded quarantine in a disease ridden government approved motel.  Circa $10K for the family + lost income.  The alternative is a 17+ hour drive home via Western NSW in the middle of summer.  :(

Queensland goes to the polls tomorrow.  AP has been the front runner through this whole campaign.  I have a suspicion that this might cost her the election.

I think your coffs harbor example is better.  

or for example if the border is open, I’ll be in byron bay at Xmas. 

I’ll drive from melbourne to Sydney. Stop one night and then onto Byron. 

I come in and I theory its all Over Byron 4 days lasted and then straight into qld for all those going home. 

I half expect a massive cluster to come from the nrl grand final.  Guess we will know In a week or so. 

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’ll drive from melbourne to Sydney. Stop one night and then onto Byron. 

From my perspective the 1st scenario is hypothetical.  The 2nd is very much a real life case.  At the moment, we can't travel to Wollongong and back (without a major detour) if we don't want to spend 2 extra weeks in quarantine.

Isn't the Vic-NSW border still shut for Melbournians.

9 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

As a somewhat vocal supporter of the Queensland border closures over the past couple of months, even I'm saying WTF!!!!!!

Seriously, border closures has to be all or nothing.   Half doing the job is achieving nothing and pissing off everybody.   What they've got now is nothing but a pointless exercise and a recipe for disaster.

Take for example the following  scenarios.

1. I go to Coffs Harbour for Christmas where I'm surrounded by those "virus carrying" Sydney people who havn't quarantined.  Afterwards I can cross the border back into Queensland and no quaratine period required. 

2. I go to Wollongong for Christmas.  Going down is OK because I'm spending 2 weeks in Wollongong.  Doing the return trip Wollongong to Brisbane which involves travelling through Sydney (without stopping in the greater Sydney area) means we have to spend 2 weeks of self-funded quarantine in a disease ridden government approved motel.  Circa $10K for the family + lost income.  The alternative is a 17+ hour drive home via Western NSW in the middle of summer.  :(

Queensland goes to the polls tomorrow.  AP has been the front runner through this whole campaign.  I have a suspicion that this might cost her the election.

Yep.  It actually could have the reverse effect. I have a feeling it will encourage people not to be honest about where they have been when they cross the border.  This will mean if there is any cluster it will be hard to trace.  

I doubt it will cost her the election though.  Her polling (which we paid for ) indicates the border closure is popular. 

10 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

From my perspective the 1st scenario is hypothetical.  The 2nd is very much a real life case.  At the moment, we can't travel to Wollongong and back (without a major detour) if we don't want to spend 2 extra weeks in quarantine.

Take the opportunity too take the scenic route? Goulburn, bathurst, etc. 

Got air con right? It'd be a better Drive than the bumper to bumper freeways anyway. Its a long drive no matter which way you go 

13 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Yeah still shut but I’d guess open by Christmas. 

Isn’t honesty the only reason why you’d have to avoid sydney when going to the gong? No way everyone will be honest 

46 minutes ago, roxii said:

So 2 cases out of 12 million people is deemed a high risk for Qld. 

I still wish Alan Joyce would have come out and said something that would have caused the election to swing.

Like, "Tickets in and out of Queensland whilst Annastacia is in Parliament will starting from $1000 each way."

"It will be the COVID tax for that state"

Edited by Peter
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I still wish Alan Joyce would have come out and said something that would have caused the election to swing.

Like, "Tickets in and out of Queensland whilst Annastacia is in Parliament will starting from $1000 each way."

"It will be the COVID tax for that state"

See the operators of the theme parks are not happy either saying a huge portion of their customers are from melb and Sydney. 
so when the Qld economy tanks because they miss a whole summer of tourism then gst is down and Qld come looking for a bigger than usual handout from the feds wonder what Scottys response will be? 

21 minutes ago, roxii said:

See the operators of the theme parks are not happy either saying a huge portion of their customers are from melb and Sydney. 
so when the Qld economy tanks because they miss a whole summer of tourism then gst is down and Qld come looking for a bigger than usual handout from the feds wonder what Scottys response will be? 

I’d guess Scomo will say the same thing he will to Victoria.  F off. And you can’t blame him. 

last year I was at movie world and in the line talking to people every local seems to buy a yearly pass and just go for a few rides and then go home. 

Maybe more will do that knowing the lines won’t be there with no interstate people there. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Covid bike shop line 

2A88F2C6-E671-4FCD-B8E8-E17591D3CAC8.jpeg

If they’re using the same system down there that they used in Qld that’s total bs by 99Bikes.

Like all stores in Qld my local 99 store is judged by area (4sqm per person) to allow 30 customers at any one time, but if there’s only 2 staff on they would only let two customers at a time in the store and wait on them. If a customer is looking at a new bike they could be in the store for 30 mins+. I gave up after the que didn’t move  in half an hour and I went to Anaconda. Store full of customers and no ques, in and out in 5 mins. I only wanted a $4 bell. 

Edited by Mike Del
4 hours ago, Merv said:

Freckles was punching well above her weight.

I think the instability in her party and her 64 calls to open the border cost her big time. Everyone who called for the border to open ( LNP, One Nation, Clive) went backwards in the Qld election, everyone who wanted to go with the Chief Med Officer’s advice and open selectively and gradually increased their vote (Alp , Greens).

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

I think the instability in her party and her 64 calls to open the border cost her big time. Everyone who called for the border to open ( LNP, One Nation, Clive) went backwards in the Qld election, everyone who wanted to go with the Chief Med Officer’s advice and open selectively and gradually increased their vote (Alp , Greens).

yep, she milked it for all its worth.  wonder who she will blame when Qld has the highest unemployment rate and debt in the country? 

7 minutes ago, Turts said:

Announced today that unless something dramatic happens, NSW will be fully opening their border to Vic on Nov 23. 

Yay! :w00t2:

Just another reason for Queensland to open the borders and get onto it before the end of November.  There is absolutely no way that the current restrictions can keep the virus out of Queensland and in that case why have them at all.

12 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Just another reason for Queensland to open the borders and get onto it before the end of November.  There is absolutely no way that the current restrictions can keep the virus out of Queensland and in that case why have them at all.

Agree.  I think this is an awesome move by NSW to put pressure on Queensland. 

qld will need to open everything on the day Victoria is free to go north or shut it down completely.  

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

Agree.  I think this is an awesome move by NSW to put pressure on Queensland. 

qld will need to open everything on the day Victoria is free to go north or shut it down completely.  

Somehow AP calling a full border shutdown is a distinct and scary possibility.

22 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Yep. 

When the floodgates open and all Victorians head north for summer - and hit the wall of QLD :wallbash:  ...... $$ will fly! 

33 minutes ago, Turts said:

Announced today that unless something dramatic happens, NSW will be fully opening their border to Vic on Nov 23. 

Yay! :w00t2:

I was supposed to be going to Lord Howe Island with my sister on 22 November, flying out of Sydney.  One day too late!

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, Peter said:

It scares the shit out of me Dan Andrews might close the border for people travelling into Vic from nsw.  

They need to ringfence South Western Sydney. It's going around Liverpool and no-one seems to care about isolating properly down there. What I don't get is an indoor trampoline place is OPEN? Place is full of germy kids sharing trampolines and foam pits.

5 minutes ago, MissJess said:

They need to ringfence South Western Sydney. It's going around Liverpool and no-one seems to care about isolating properly down there. What I don't get is an indoor trampoline place is OPEN? Place is full of germy kids sharing trampolines and foam pits.

No different to the schools.