Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just give up....yet again it seems anther example of Dan blaming the public when the truth finds its another one of his stuff ups...

 

"The family at the centre of the new COVID-19 cluster in Melbourne's north have claimed misinformation from health authorities resulted in the virus spreading.

The family, who have asked not to be identified, told The Age they were cleared to leave isolation by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) days before one of their children unknowingly attended school while infectious.

The Year 5 boy attended East Preston Islamic College for two days while infectious on October 19 and 20, sparking a cluster of at least 39 active coronavirus cases.

Health authorities claimed the family was in quarantine at the time were “expressly told not to” send the boy to school.

But the family has now hit back at these claims, showing The Age an email sent from the DHHS on October 17 informing them they were free to leave isolation."

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

2 hours ago, more said:

I just give up....yet again it seems anther example of Dan blaming the public when the truth finds its another one of his stuff ups...

 

"The family at the centre of the new COVID-19 cluster in Melbourne's north have claimed misinformation from health authorities resulted in the virus spreading.

The family, who have asked not to be identified, told The Age they were cleared to leave isolation by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) days before one of their children unknowingly attended school while infectious.

The Year 5 boy attended East Preston Islamic College for two days while infectious on October 19 and 20, sparking a cluster of at least 39 active coronavirus cases.

Health authorities claimed the family was in quarantine at the time were “expressly told not to” send the boy to school.

But the family has now hit back at these claims, showing The Age an email sent from the DHHS on October 17 informing them they were free to leave isolation."

 

 

 

I just read the article in the Age - you really couldn't make this up.  My impression from earlier media reports was that it was a language breakdown which caused the outbreak.  Andrews stating that he was totally across what had happened and that the communication with the family had been excellent but it must have been because English was not their first language which caused the problem.  Yeah, nah. 

Makes one suspicious that it is the mistrust in their track and trace system which is causing Andrews to hesitate on easing restrictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

Makes one suspicious that it is the mistrust in their track and trace system which is causing Andrews to hesitate on easing restrictions.

This is EXACTLY the case.

Our Health Department track and trace isnt up to the job.

Its why the second the border opens to SA or NSW people will Leave on Mass knowing that Victoria health will f@ck up the tracing in future and we will have a second wave. I'm claiming we have only had one wave here.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cat Lady said:

I just read the article in the Age - you really couldn't make this up.  My impression from earlier media reports was that it was a language breakdown which caused the outbreak.  Andrews stating that he was totally across what had happened and that the communication with the family had been excellent but it must have been because English was not their first language which caused the problem.  Yeah, nah. 

Makes one suspicious that it is the mistrust in their track and trace system which is causing Andrews to hesitate on easing restrictions.

I have been angry for so long...now I m just sad....I'm sad that not only is Andrews continually lying to us, I'm sad that there are people out there who still lap it up and support him....not to mention the sadness for the loss of life and livelihoods...this scumbag needs to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Makes one suspicious that it is the mistrust in their track and trace system which is causing Andrews to hesitate on easing restrictions.

Sydney news has up till now not really pointed the finger at Vic much but last night I think was the first time I heard our news say as much about the Vic health system. 

Its a real worry, if all health systems were up to speed there should be no reason, given the numbers we now have that the country should not be open. 

I still maintain there is no difference (apart from NIMBY'ism) between someone catching a bus to work and then going shopping, it someone flying interstate. You are still going to infect strangers, you will still need to track and trace, its just some may be in different states.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roxii said:

You Victorians logging in from the Cafe Wifi this morning? 

I'm just struggling with the mentality that you have to go shopping in K-Mart at midnight just because you can.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

Be interesting to see what happens from here:

  1. Nothing (proving that lockdown was a waste of time)
  2. Wave 3 (proving that lockdown was the correct option)
  3.  some unpredictable option
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I'm just struggling with the mentality that you have to go shopping in K-Mart at midnight just because you can.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

Be interesting to see what happens from here:

  1. Nothing (proving that lockdown was a waste of time)
  2. Wave 3 (proving that lockdown was the correct option)
  3.  some unpredictable option

Doesn't make any sense to me either, but I think some people are just craving normal and if normal for them is shopping at Kmart then I guess that's what they were desperate to do...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, more said:

Doesn't make any sense to me either, but I think some people are just craving normal and if normal for them is shopping at Kmart then I guess that's what they were desperate to do...

Some people must have a weird sense of normal.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Some people must have a weird sense of normal.   

lol well many would think shopping at Kmart is a heck of a lot more normal than running, riding and swimming hundreds of kilometers for no real purpose...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really looking forward to having more people out and about, but definitely looking forward to being able to visit friends. I certainly won't be rushing to Kmart (in fact I won't be rushing anywhere, I'm in hospital having tests for chest pain but that's a whole nother story) 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, more said:

lol well many would think shopping at Kmart is a heck of a lot more normal than running, riding and swimming hundreds of kilometers for no real purpose...

Wonder what they think about Track Cycling.  Riding hundreds of km and going round in circles.

No that I do any of that sort of stuff anymore.  Exercise for me now is a quiet stroll around the neighbourhood.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -H- said:

I'm not really looking forward to having more people out and about, but definitely looking forward to being able to visit friends. I certainly won't be rushing to Kmart (in fact I won't be rushing anywhere, I'm in hospital having tests for chest pain but that's a whole nother story) 

We are exactly the same, all I care about is being able to see family and friends and have freedom to travel further than 5ks or 25ks..

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, -H- said:

I'm not really looking forward to having more people out and about, but definitely looking forward to being able to visit friends. I certainly won't be rushing to Kmart (in fact I won't be rushing anywhere, I'm in hospital having tests for chest pain but that's a whole nother story) 

I was running this morning and ran past 3 cafes.  Fully setup outdoors with tables and at 815 there was no one at any of them. 
 

probably different now.  Its a Spectacular day.  
 

im on the back deck in the sun.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dalai. I'm waiting for more tests but will be here for at least one more night. ECG was a bit abnormal but blood tests okay so not a heart attack, possibly a narrowed artery. Mum had the same thing, which is the only reason I got it checked out instead of "keeping an eye on it" like I would with anything else. She died at 64 and I have an autoimmune/inflammatory disease, so that puts me in a slightly higher risk category. 

So bored I'm reading bloody Woman's Day 😂 it hasn't changed since I last looked at it about 20 years ago 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, -H- said:

So bored I'm reading bloody Woman's Day 😂 it hasn't changed since I last looked at it about 20 years ago 

Ok, tell us - who is having whose lovechild?

P.S.  Hope it's an easy fix

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Ok, tell us - who is having whose lovechild?

Pick the names of 2 celebrities....any 2 celebrities and then decide whether they're going out, splitting up, secretly pregnant, married in some island getaway, getting divorced, have drug/alcohol issues, been to rehab, in a 3 way love triangle or all the previous options and  write your own story.  Probably make better reading

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

I'm just struggling with the mentality that you have to go shopping in K-Mart at midnight just because you can.

Just because you can do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

Be interesting to see what happens from here:

  1. Nothing (proving that lockdown was a waste of time)
  2. Wave 3 (proving that lockdown was the correct option)
  3.  some unpredictable option

that logic doesn't make any sense to me. If nothing happens it doesn't prove lockdown was a waste of time. Nor does a 3rd wave mean it was the correct option. Rather the opposite

 

And perhaps shopping in the middle of the night helps with social distancing. Spreading the peaks, I'm sure Kmart wasn't busy....surely....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peter said:

Bunnings will be no different this weekend. 

And its why The masks are a good idea here still. 
 

touching stuff and then your face.  
 

Masks will help.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dazaau said:

ha, weird. People are odd. Kmart really isn't that exciting. 

Especially since, due to covid supply chain issues, half the shelves at Kmart are empty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dazaau said:

ha, weird. People are odd. Kmart really isn't that exciting. My fellow Melbournians have lost the plot 

Yes they are. The one news article I read said people started queuing at 6pm!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Yes they are. The one news article I read said people started queuing at 6pm!!!

Probably the same people that have 25 yr supply of bog roll at home. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay, just waiting for results. Super bored and tired, can't wait to go home. Hopefully will get the all clear tomorrow morning 🤞

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

France Announce Second Lockdown

People only allowed to leave home for essential work or medical reasons.

I wonder if they shut the borders if thats even possible.

Quote

French President Emmanuel Macron has announced a second national lockdown until at least the end of November.

 

Mr Macron said that under the new measures, starting on Friday, people would only be allowed to leave home for essential work or medical reasons.

Non-essential businesses, such as restaurants and bars, will close, but schools and factories will remain open.

Covid daily deaths in France are at the highest level since April. On Tuesday, 33,000 new cases were confirmed.

Mr Macron said the country risked being "overwhelmed by a second wave that no doubt will be harder than the first".

Meanwhile, Germany will impose an emergency lockdown that is less severe but includes the closure of restaurants, gyms and theatres, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday.

Infections are rising sharply across Europe, including the UK which on Wednesday announced 310 new deaths and 24,701 new cases.

Night curfews are in force in several countries, including for 46 million people in France.

News of the new restrictions being introduced in Europe's biggest economies led to sharp falls in the financial markets on Wednesday. The UK's FTSE 100 ended almost 2.6% lower, and Germany's Dax dropped 4.2%. Major US indexes also sank 3.4% or more.

Why is France acting now?

In a televised address on Wednesday, Mr Macron said that France must now "brutally apply the brakes" to avoid being "submerged by the acceleration of the epidemic".

"The virus is circulating at a speed that not even the most pessimistic forecasts had anticipated," he said, adding that half of all intensive care beds at French hospitals were being occupied by Covid patients.

The president said that under the new rules, people would need to fill in a form to justify leaving their homes, as was required in the initial lockdown in March. Social gatherings are banned.

"Like in the spring, you will be able to leave your house only to work, for a medical appointment, to provide assistance to a relative, to shop for essential goods or to go for a walk near your house," Mr Macron said.

But he made clear that public services and factories would remain open, adding that the economy "must not stop or collapse".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

France Announce Second Lockdown

People only allowed to leave home for essential work or medical reasons.

I wonder if they shut the borders if thats even possible.

 

very doubtful.  They are already curtailing people's movements

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter said:

France Announce Second Lockdown

People only allowed to leave home for essential work or medical reasons.

I wonder if they shut the borders if thats even possible.

 

no, they are not QLD. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Prince said:

no, they are not QLD. 

Maybe.  But at least we have some normality of life here.     

Seems to me most of the people screaming about opening the borders don't actually live here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

Maybe.  But at least we have some normality of life here.     

Seems to me most of the people screaming about opening the borders don't actually live here.

It's interesting to note that NSW is suddenly very wary of opening is borders to Vic even though numbers are now low. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dazaau said:

It's interesting to note that NSW is suddenly very wary of opening is borders to Vic even though numbers are now low. 

 

i would say (which i am sure someone has already said in this thread), its because of the lack of faith in contact tracing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dazaau said:

It's interesting to note that NSW is suddenly very wary of opening is borders to Vic even though numbers are now low. 

A politician having a "Do as I say, not as I do" movement.

Surely that would never happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dazaau said:

It's interesting to note that NSW is suddenly very wary of opening is borders to Vic even though numbers are now low. 

 

It is amusing but as someone from Melbourne I don’t have an issue with her waiting 14 days before deciding as long as its not A delay tactic when our numbers and tracing is under control and she still not open. 
 

And we still can’t go 25km from home anyway so its a moot point currently.  
 

having said that, there isn’t one active case in regional Victoria so they could open up on nov 8 to those locations.  
 

wait until November 21st maybe before the rest of Victoria. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

i would say (which i am sure someone has already said in this thread), its because of the lack of faith in contact tracing. 

Gladys has gone in with both boots and basically said that Vic has to earn the right for the border to open up and she would rather do everywhere else (including specified overseas locations) first because the contact tracing needs to prove itself.  Don't understand how the Q scan thing isn't ready to go yet - it's not as though they haven't had months to plan for this.  Also interesting that Gladys is saying it would be economically devastating for Aus for NSW to open up to Vic and then have another outbreak.  QLD and WA also came in for caution because the contact tracing systems in those two locations has never been tested.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

It is amusing but as someone from Melbourne I don’t have an issue with her waiting 14 days before deciding as long as its not A delay tactic when our numbers and tracing is under control and she still not open. 
 

And we still can’t go 25km from home anyway so its a moot point currently.  
 

having said that, there isn’t one active case in regional Victoria so they could open up on nov 8 to those locations.  
 

wait until November 21st maybe before the rest of Victoria. 

Yeah, don't disagree. I wouldn't trust to throw then open either

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Prince said:

i would say (which i am sure someone has already said in this thread), its because of the lack of faith in contact tracing. 

Apparently wa does not have any contact tracing capability’s .only had 7 months to get this shit sorted

DF75E9D6-82A1-45F6-ADF6-E6868981726C.png

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chris said:

Apparently wa does not have any contact tracing capability’s .only had 7 months to get this shit sorted

DF75E9D6-82A1-45F6-ADF6-E6868981726C.png

Makes you wonder if the sole reason WA and poss QLD won’t open their borders is solely down to the political factor associated with poor contact tracing - it’s never been tested here in Qld so we have no idea if it is as bad as Vic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, truck said:

Makes you wonder if the sole reason WA and poss QLD won’t open their borders is solely down to the political factor associated with poor contact tracing - it’s never been tested here in Qld so we have no idea if it is as bad as Vic. 

I think you are spot on. Looks like we will be opening up now . Common sense as prevailed and he does not want to lose to Clive on Monday which he will

Edited by chris
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

Qld will still be closed to greater NSW and Vic until a vaccine is found..... Struth!

LOL 😂.  She’s kidding.  
 

I hope tourism nsw really pushes northern nsw to victorians for the future. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...