Townsville people are smarter than us in Victoria.  

traces in their sewer system. But no positives because they aren’t getting tested. 

melbourne people need to stop getting tested. We will never go under 5 cases a day. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

traces in their sewer system. But no positives because they aren’t getting tested. 

melbourne people need to stop getting tested. We will never go under 5 cases a day. 

Plus if you're living in QLD and have friends/family in NSW then you just arrange to meet in the NT.  All perfectly ok....

If you're from Mel and want to move to QLD and don't want to do hotel quarantine then, providing you have $$'s, home quarantine is fine here (more examples in today's paper)

And AP and health minister have been called on their 48hr hour policy for NSW to track new cases (which has the effect of resetting the 28 day clock for NSW borders to lift).  Appears never to have actually been signed off by anyone, just something enacted for political purposes.  But that's ok, faced with marginal tourism seats, AP has decided to delay any decision until after the election - let's just keep changing the 'rules' shall we?

36 minutes ago, truck said:

Plus if you're living in QLD and have friends/family in NSW then you just arrange to meet in the NT.  All perfectly ok....

Can do it in Byron too, even easier. 

26 minutes ago, roxii said:

Can do it in Byron too, even easier. 

My cousin is doing exactly this at the moment.  

done a week in Byron already. A week to go. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Quick somebody hit the Big Red Panic Button. All personnel to the testing stations. Everybody get tested.:taz:  NOW!!!!!!

I wonder if somebody has pointed out that the obvious source of the crappy covid sample is probably the infected crewmen off the cargo ships that are (or have been) quarantined in Townville hospital.  

15 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Quick somebody hit the Big Red Panic Button. All personnel to the testing stations. Everybody get tested.:taz:  NOW!!!!!!

I wonder if somebody has pointed out that the obvious source of the crappy covid sample is probably the infected crewmen off the cargo ships that are (or have been) quarantined in Townville hospital.  

That’s probably true, which is why trying to enforce a zero case policy on borders is ridiculous. 

If this wasn't so serious it would be funny... 

"The World Health Organisation has backflipped on its original COVID-19 stance after calling for world leaders to stop locking down their countries and economies.

Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.

He also claimed that the only thing lockdowns achieved was poverty – with no mention of the potential lives saved"

1 hour ago, more said:

Dr. David Nabarro from the WHO appealed to world leaders yesterday, telling them to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method” of the coronavirus.

Did he come up with an alternative "primary Control Method"?

2 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Did he come up with an alternative "primary Control Method"?

Who knows? 

Who can question the World Health Organisation who are the ultimate experts.

im not qualified to do so.  Doubt more is either. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Peter said:

Who knows? 

Who can question the World Health Organisation who are the ultimate experts.

im not qualified to do so.  Doubt more is either. 

Certainly is starting to sound like they fear the treatment is worse than the disease. 

It's not a rich person's problem. They can still travel, isolate at home, increase their wealth by taking advantage of others financiall distress, get access to the best medical treatment etc There would be a massive shift in wealth occurring at the moment that most people are oblivious to. 

So, for those watching in Vic, the two week average of new cases has stopped going down, and is now going back up again. Double digit days are the norm.

Not good for Victorians, and also not good for the country. Sucks.

• Sad 1

Interesting comment thread from Leigh Sales on Twitter

Worth a read as to why they think Vic still isn't getting it right. 

There’s something I don’t understand - looking at NSW stats around mid Jul, there were 15/18/14/20 new corona cases a day. It never escalated. No lockdown & life was covid-normal. Why isn’t that happening now in Vic on their current numbers?

https://twitter.com/leighsales/status/1315119949229117441?s=20

And we have 500 doctors begging Dictator Dan to lift the lockdowns. That's a heck of a lot!

"A group of medical professionals have penned an open letter calling for Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews to end the state's lockdown.

The doctors argue the harsh restrictions are more harmful than the virus itself in many cases.

“The current restrictions are unnecessary, disproportionate and must be lifted,” the letter reads.

“The response to the virus will cause more deaths and result in far more negative health effects than the virus itself.”

Doctor Eamonn Mathieson was one of 500 doctors who signed the letter, and he told Sunrise this morning he believed the lockdown had caused “a massive collateral damage in health and mental health”.

15 minutes ago, roxii said:

Interesting comment thread from Leigh Sales on Twitter

Worth a read as to why they think Vic still isn't getting it right. 

https://twitter.com/leighsales/status/1315119949229117441?s=20

Look, I think part of the reason is that it has spread so rampantly through the community. It's very hard to put it back in the bottle. Especially with a long "soft" lockdown as opposed to a short hard one. Many people get no symptoms. While we are in lockdown many people are still doing their jobs, moving around etc. I hope I am wrong but it seems we are bottoming out on the number improvements at this level of lockdown. I hope I am wrong, I really do. I am pretty over it and I am one of the least affected. It must be very hard for many, many Victorians. 

3 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Look, I think part of the reason is that it has spread so rampantly through the community. It's very hard to put it back in the bottle. Especially with a long "soft" lockdown as opposed to a short hard one. Many people get no symptoms. While we are in lockdown many people are still doing their jobs, moving around etc. I hope I am wrong but it seems we are bottoming out on the number improvements at this level of lockdown. I hope I am wrong, I really do. I am pretty over it and I am one of the least affected. It must be very hard for many, many Victorians. 

Yeah thats what I thought. 

I think they said something about how Vic cases seem to e spread across the city, in different family groups - whereas NSW were specific hotshots and never got to the family groups and dispersal. 

So Peta Credlin in one press conference, and with one question, found out who conveyed the information on private security being used to Police Commissioner Ashton.  Interesting.  I just love Eccles comment is a classic:

Quote from The Australian:

Mr Eccles emphatically denied he or anyone else from the DPC made the decision to use private security at the hotel quarantine program.

“There has been much commentary and speculation about whether I or anyone else at DPC spoke to Mr Ashton during that narrow timeframe on 27 March,” he said.

“It is now evident I did.”

End Quote.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

It doesn’t matter now. Other than people wearing masks everyone has lost hope and doing what they want. 

I was at a photo shoot this morning for work and everyone admitted to breaking the 5km rule and to seeing family in the last week and said they will continue to do so.

from the start we were asked to Flatten the curve to help the health system cope. Currently 21 in hospital. Zero in icu.  We did what was asked and still we are held hostage.

this is why people no longer care.

i was just getting coffee and 2 older couples pulled up in cars, got out to meet each other because I guess they accidentally ran into each other. 

More fall.  I wonder if he has already secured a job outside of Victoria. 

this is apparently the guy that made the decision to use Dan Andrews mate (the guys daughter works directly for dan and played golf weekly with dan) company for security of hotels that has resulted in over 800 dead.  

19AB9D75-CFBF-4FB8-8014-BD35DA3BA256.jpeg

It's the gulf between the politically driven policies (e.g. Qld border closure threshold of no community transmission in NSW for 28 days) and reality which sticks out to me like a huge set of dogs nuts.

Just back from Sydney, Qantas regional flights, plane chock a block, most people wearing masks (but not compulsory), then they put you on a bus to the terminal and all jammed in like sardines.  Impossible to maintain 1.5m separation.  Then once in the terminals, all good, everyone spaced out as per the signage.

Unless you make EVERYBODY stay home for 28 days, how do you hit such a target?  One slip up and it's return to Go, do not collect $200.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, more said:

Isn't it amazing it took the work of a Sky news reporter to do the job of a bloody enquiry...

Well the age can’t as they worship dan 

8F4A7B7F-B81E-4E02-B6DA-949FF1AF1329.png

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Peter said:

Well the age can’t as they worship dan 

8F4A7B7F-B81E-4E02-B6DA-949FF1AF1329.png

I am rather bemused at their rationale for pulling the cartoon.  "it would make people in Victoria unhappy".   Could they be any happier?

Well the guy that made the decision that  has resulted in 800 people dying has been found thanks to peta credlin.   Amazing it took 100 days of theage reporters not asking the questions needed. 

Earlier on Monday the premier's right-hand man Chris Eccles resigned from his post as Victoria's top public servant after phone records showed he spoke to police boss Graham Ashton on the day the state's bungled quarantine program was set up.

Mr Eccles had previously told an inquiry into the progamme that he could not remember speaking to Mr Ashton.  

The inquiry has been struggling to find out who decided to use private security guards instead of police or the ADF to man quarantine hotels. 

Mr Andrews was grilled by Sky News host Peta Credlin, who was praised for taking the premier to task at the conference last week, about Mr Eccles' role.

At about midday on 27 March, the premier left a national cabinet meeting where the decision to quarantine Aussies arriving from overseas was made. 

Credlin, who was chief of staff to former Liberal prime minister Tony Abbott, asked Mr Andrews if he then spoke to Mr Eccles about using private security guards and the premier said he did not. 

'Did you have a conversation with Mr Eccles at any point after which you left the room at 12 noon in relation to security regarding hotels,' she said.

'No,' the premier replied.

Credlin pressed again saying: 'No conversation at all? and the premier said: 'No. No.'

Mr Andrews was also grilled about mask compliance. One journalist estimated that only 10 per cent of Victorians were wearing masks even though they are mandatory.

Mr Andrews said: 'There's pretty significant enforcement but [the police] are not everywhere for every single offence.'

He added: 'I'm not for a moment denying that people are getting increasingly tired of these rules.'  

Mr Eccles' phone records show he spoke to Mr Ashton for two minutes in response to a text at 1.16pm on 27 March. 

Text messages submitted to the inquiry show that someone told Mr Ashton between 1.16pm and 1.22pm on March 27 that private security would be used.

Mr Eccles and Mr Ashton's two-minute phone call occurred in this critical six-minute window.

Mr Ashton texted the Australian Federal Police Commissioner Reece Kershaw at 1.12pm on March 27. 

'Mate. Question. Why wouldn't AFP Guard people At The hotel??' he wrote. 

At 1.16pm, Mr Ashton also messaged Mr Eccles: 'Chris I am getting word from Canberra for a plan whereby arrivals from overseas are to be subjected to enforced isolation from tomorrow. The suggestion is Victorian arrivals are conveyed to a hotel Somewhere where they are guarded by police for 14 days. Are you aware of anything in this regard?? Graham'.

The phone records reveal Mr Eccles called Mr Ashton a minute after receiving this message.

Six minutes later, at 1.22pm, Mr Ashton sent another message to Mr Kershaw: 'Mate. My advice is the ADF do passenger transfer and private security will be used.'

'Ok that's new,' Mr Kershaw replied.

'I think that's the deal set up by our DPC. I understand NSW will be a different arrangement,' Mr Ashton said.

Mr Andrews said Mr Eccles' resignation was 'appropriate' and thanked him for his service. 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, more said:

I thought Dictator Dan said the buck stopped with him and he would take ultimate responsibility?? 

That was before he got legal advice from the A-G on the industrial manslaughter rules his government introduced.

• Like 1

"Less than five per cent of almost 20,000 fines dished out to Victorians caught breaching coronavirus restrictions have been paid in full, new figures have revealed.

The Department of Justice data, released under Freedom of Information laws to NCA NewsWire, showed only 845 of 19,324 infringements handed out by Victoria Police as of August 24 had been paid.

Almost $27.9 million in fines had been issued to Victorians caught breaking the rules since the chief health officer’s coronavirus restrictions were introduced in March in response to the global pandemic"

What a deadset flog...

"But he was then hit with this zinger – "Your government set up hotel quarantine and it's failed, as we know. It's led to the second wave. We're now in lockdown. Nearly 800 Victorians have died. You're the Premier. Surely accountability looks like resigning."

"My view is you don't run from difficult tasks. You don't run from challenges. You get on and get the job done," Mr Andrews replied."

I wonder if Mikakos or Eccles could have used that line when Comrade Dan made them scapegoats...

4 hours ago, more said:

What a deadset flog...

"But he was then hit with this zinger – "Your government set up hotel quarantine and it's failed, as we know. It's led to the second wave. We're now in lockdown. Nearly 800 Victorians have died. You're the Premier. Surely accountability looks like resigning."

"My view is you don't run from difficult tasks. You don't run from challenges. You get on and get the job done," Mr Andrews replied."

I wonder if Mikakos or Eccles could have used that line when Comrade Dan made them scapegoats...

So is he saying Mikakos and Eccles have run away from the challenge? Deadset lying good for nothing flog..how he can stand there after what he has done to this state is an absolute disgrace.

Someone enter Dan into a parkrun so he can satisfy his personal need to see a challenge through.

What an arrogant and selfish point of view. To him, this is a personal character test to "not walk away from a challenge". This situation is beyond serious and how he can maintain a view that he is best placed to lead Vic out of this mess that he oversaw, when not having a clue as to how it happened (until a fake enquirey tells him) is un f#$king believable. Its not about you Dan.

I think many pollies around the world have viewed Corona as a magic opportunity to have their 'Churchill moment', to be seen to lead their country out of the wilderness against insurmountable odds for their own gratification and advancement.

I've been amazed at the damage they've been willing to do to achieve this.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Someone enter Dan into a parkrun so he can satisfy his personal need to see a challenge through.

I have heard him say a few times in press conferences that this 'is like a marathon'. No one has actually asked him if he has ever run a marathon. Be interested to know if he has and if he knows what running a marathon is actually like.

:lol: 

Maybe its like me running the Sydney marathon, heading through Randwick absolutely flying, feeling great, talking myself up, joking with some mates, sitting pretty on on 3 hr 15 pace and life is good.

About  12 k later I'm at Lilyfield struggling to walk straight, my quads felt like I already had day two DOMS and were refusing to work, I was crippled and wanted out there and then, and the end was nowhere in sight. 

So yeah I think Dan's doing a pretty good impression of my marathon. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Peter said:

Wow....its almost as if they don't want the cases to drop off so they can keep us locked down...they couldn't be this incompetent could they surely???

Health authorities say the Chadstone outbreak began in Frankston, with a cleaner who was living with family members who were sick.

After attending the Butcher Club at Chadstone for work between September 21-23, she called the business on Thursday September 24 to tell them she'd been told by police to stay home.

Two days later on Saturday, she tested positive to coronavirus.

Contact tracers are trained to ask where people work, and are on particular alert for high-risk jobs like cleaning.

Yet for four days, the Butcher Club was not officially informed of the risk. The shop didn't find out until a staff member fell ill and returned a positive test on Monday September 28.

That was because contact tracers only discovered the cleaner had worked at the Butcher Club while infectious after the staff member got sick.

Professor McLaws also questioned Professor Sutton's position that asymptomatic testing of everyone who had visited Chadstone would not represent "value for money".

"What's the value of having a third wave compared to hundreds of extra tests?" she asked.

"And yes, you might not find a lot of cases, but if the cleaner was infectious you might find others before they become a source of infection."

This is just beyond comprehension....when is enough enough

You know you are in trouble as a Labor leader when even The Age are turning against you..

"Just a recap. He has overseen the massive, deadly policy cock-up of the hotel quarantine program, although he would not use those descriptors. That tragic failure prompted a stubborn, resilient second wave of coronavirus infections that has led to extra months of lockdown, with still no clear path towards a reopening of Melbourne. His government lost its health minister Jenny Mikakos, who walked out in disgust at the Premier’s public attempt to put her in the frame for the quarantine mess. On Sunday night, he lost his department head Chris Eccles, who took a swipe at Andrews on the way out. Eccles insisted he had not made the fateful decision to hire private security firms for quarantine hotels.

What some will see as the Premier’s resolute stance during uniquely troubling times – and there is still a solid core of supporters for him in the community and in his government – others will see as manifest arrogance. The latter will want to know how, given that the government has long been seen as the Daniel Andrews show, the man who presided over the mistakes and then didn’t know how they came about can be relied upon to fix them."

And now, there are a bunch of cases in Shepparton. 

When the contact tracers found some cases had been to a tyre shop, they put the idea together with the Kilmore tyre shop. 

They asked the guy, and yes, he had lied. he had been to a bunch of places in Shep. 

If he had been forthcoming initially, this would have been avoided. 

THIS isnt Dans fault. 

They have repeatedly said they won't fine people if they broke the rules, if they tell the truth about where they have been. 

This character needs to be lynched.  Now looks like, because of one lying idiot, we will not have restrictions eased soon. They just don't know how far this guys contamination has spread

3 hours ago, more said:

After attending the Butcher Club at Chadstone for work between September 21-23, she called the business on Thursday September 24 to tell them she'd been told by police to stay home.

Two days later on Saturday, she tested positive to coronavirus.

Contact tracers are trained to ask where people work, and are on particular alert for high-risk jobs like cleaning.

Yet for four days, the Butcher Club was not officially informed of the risk. The shop didn't find out until a staff member fell ill and returned a positive test on Monday September 28.

That was because contact tracers only discovered the cleaner had worked at the Butcher Club while infectious after the staff member got sick.

These two bold bits are at odds. 

If the cleaner told the shop, then they have some culpability in not taking any action, even if it was prior to "official" notification. C'mon, we've been at this long enough for people to know this shit. 

16 minutes ago, Turts said:

When the contact tracers found some cases had been to a tyre shop, they put the idea together with the Kilmore tyre shop. 

They asked the guy, and yes, he had lied. he had been to a bunch of places in Shep. 

THIS isnt Dans fault. 

They have repeatedly said they won't fine people if they broke the rules, if they tell the truth about where they have been. 

This character needs to be lynched.  Now looks like, because of one lying idiot, we will not have restrictions eased soon. They just don't know how far this guys contamination has spread

No this one isn't Dans fault, but didn't this guy catch it from Chadstone...where the contract tracers took 4 days to tell the butchers their cleaner had covid...?

That aside the levels moronic people will go to astounds me-the muppet had a valid pass to go to regional areas, so why in the hell ie about where he stopped on the way?

2 minutes ago, more said:

That aside the levels moronic people will go to astounds me-the muppet had a valid pass to go to regional areas, so why in the hell ie about where he stopped on the way?

Exactly.   He'd already fessed up  to doing things he shouldn't have done - eating in etc. He was already not going to be fined as they needed to know the truth.  Yet he withheld important other places he'd been.  Now there's about 6 places he went in Shep that he shouldn't have (Melb restrictions follow you, even if you have a permit to be in regional vic)

1 hour ago, Turts said:

THIS isnt Dans fault. 

This numbnut has been wandering around town and has visited just about EVERYWHERE. Our whole organisation has been shut down overnight, as has many others until such time as everyone is tested and isolated accordingly.

The line for the testing clinic at the Showgrounds is 6 hours long. The one at the Hospital not much better.

Great to see so many people doing the right thing and getting tested as soon as possible, but none of this would have been necessary if this dickhead had of told contact tracers where he had been instead of trying to hide it.

Even better, he should have stayed the f@#k at home.

We are in the border bubble here and I literally just last night applied for a border permit to head to Albury GF weekend to see my wife's Dad. This has now f@#ked that up as we are now a hotspot. 

Edited by Ayto
To add the permit bit
32 minutes ago, Ayto said:

This numbnut has been wandering around town and has visited just about EVERYWHERE. Our whole organisation has been shut down overnight, as has many others until such time as everyone is tested and isolated accordingly.

The line for the testing clinic at the Showgrounds is 6 hours long. The one at the Hospital not much better.

Great to see so many people doing the right thing and getting tested as soon as possible, but none of this would have been necessary if this dickhead had of told contact tracers where he had been instead of trying to hide it.

Even better, he should have stayed the f@#k at home.

We are in the border bubble here and I literally just last night applied for a border permit to head to Albury GF weekend to see my wife's Dad. This has now f@#ked that up as we are now a hotspot. 

thats shit for you.  Have been dreading something similar happening here - but at least we are further away from melbourne - but the town is full of people openly admitting they are up from melbourne! 

Yes @Aytoit is so shit for you but if you can be like other small towns and everyone does the right thing there for just 2 weeks, you’ll be fine. 

this is my message to shep.  

does anyone know if this nutbag is from the country or city? 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Yes @Aytoit is so shit for you but if you can be like other small towns and everyone does the right thing there for just 2 weeks, you’ll be fine. 

this is my message to shep.  

does anyone know if this nutbag is from the country or city? 

So far everyone has been great in terms of turning up to get tested. So much so people have been getting turned away from about 1.30pm as all testing sites were at capacity with about 6 hour wait times.

A lot of organisations / businesses have just shut up and isolated its staff until testing is done and results are back in. Hopefully they can reign it all in quickly but the problem is the exposure occurred 10 days or so ago and no one knew so they have all been going about doing their thing.

My understanding is that the nutbag is from Melbourne (a delivery driver) who has visited Kilmore, Benalla and Shepp (all have now had outbreaks) and whilst here he has visited several places.  the extensive list of "hotspots" is now because of those he has been exposed to have now been visiting numerous other places not knowing they had been exposed.

Shows how easy it can get away from one contact.