• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

8 hours ago, more said:

Surely Parliamentary enquiries are giving answers under oath? Why isn't Dan Andrews facing charges of perjury?

"Mr Andrews told a state parliamentary inquiry last month that it was “fundamentally incorrect to assert that there was hundreds of ADF staff on offer and somehow someone said no”.

But it’s been revealed Scott Morrison personally wrote to Mr Andrews three times to reaffirm the offer of ADF support as it was becoming clear there were problems in the Victorian hotel program.

Mr Morrison sent letters on July 4, 6 and 11. Mr Andrews personally wrote back on July 5, 7, 12 and 14.

Those letters, which were not contained in the government’s 149-page submission to the inquiry, have now been obtained by Sky News political editor Andrew Clennell under FOI.

They prove, in black and white, that Mr Andrews’ repeated claims are highly questionable."

but didn't the hotel outbreaks stem from May?  So the horse had already bolted?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Merv said:

pretty disappointing to have the ADF pulled from QLD borders. Their role has been pivotal throughout this period.  Apart from numbers, they provide infrastructure which the states don't have.

Scomo wants Qld borders open, so this is one way to try and force the issue.

15 hours ago, Peter said:

Maybe. I went through the Gisborne Road block on Tuesday.  Didn’t even stop. Waved through. 

maybe the cop just thought, single male. Dressed well.  Profiled. All good. Keep going. 

Really??? I have been following your "different T-shirt" a day posts on Facebook.......

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

Really??? I have been following your "different T-shirt" a day posts on Facebook.......

Haha.  I was in a work labeled shirt at the time. 

unti I got to Bendigo where I got changed into torn jeans and a flanno 

I think its pretty clear now that Peter and myselfs criticism of the state government has been totally justified...

"The lunacy of Victoria's hotel quarantine shambles reached new levels yesterday when the state's health minister fronted an inquiry.  

Ahead of Daniel Andrews’ appearance at the inquiry today, Jenny Mikakos joined a group of ministers, senior bureaucrats, police and emergency services chiefs who claimed not to know who chose to deploy guards to the hotels."

Former Victorian premier Jeff Kennett this morning described the inquiry as a “sham”.

“Can you imagine people running departments and spending billions of dollars getting up and saying, ‘We know nothing. We remember nothing of what we have done in the past eight months?'” Mr Kennett said on Sunrise.

“No one is expecting any responsibility and yet over 700 people have died, businesses have closed and our state debt has gone through the roof.” 

Yesterday Health Minister Jenny Mikakos said she was unaware private security was being used in Melbourne’s hotel quarantine program until two months after it began."

What an absolute joke...a cruel joke that has lost people their lives.

12 minutes ago, more said:

What an absolute joke...a cruel joke that has lost people their lives.

Especially when you consider where the country as a whole may have been by now if this hadn't have happened. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, roxii said:

Especially when you consider where the country as a whole may have been by now if this hadn't have happened. 

Yep.  We could have easily been the same as New Zealand. 

I guess WA and SA and QLD are. Sort of. 

anyway in the teens again today.  Hopefully in 5 weeks when we come out of lockdown in Melbourne, all will be good and also the same as other states. 

lets just hope for no more screw ups. And I do not want returned travellers to do hotel quarantine in Melb again. We can’t do it clearly. 

There are class actions against the security companies by victims of COVID that can be traced directly to the hotel outbreak.  I wonder if this will spill over to the responsible bureaucrat/minister? In which case better to look like a dill in the enquiry than incriminate yourself in the courtroom!

Edited by PeterW
5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

There are class actions against the security companies by victims of COVID that can be traced directly to the hotel outbreak.  I wonder if this will spill over to the responsible bureaucrat/minister? In which case better to look like a dill in the enquiry than incriminate yourself in the courtroom!

Or throw someone under the bus and say they told you that they wanted security guards and not ADF support. 

they are lying they don’t know now. 
might as well lie and save yourself from later 

wow, under the bus all right. 

That statement she clearly throws her department under the bus for not briefing her, Dan for blaming her when it's not her fault, 

"there are clearly matters my department should have briefed me on"

15 minutes ago, Merv said:

what a debacle. A waste of tax payers money.

Worse. These same people are responsible for administering the state budget for another couple of years.

These people are either lying (whilst holding the Bible) or absolutely incompetent. Or both.

Whichever way, the public are going to be paying for the Andrews governments absolute failures for decades. That is us, our children, and their children.

And heaven help us moving forward, because Andrews yesterday openly admitted he has learned nothing about how to run quarantining, which will inevitably be required again, going forward.

So a small easing of restrictions for Melbourne today and nothing regionally.

I had so many people on my social feeds posting about how they thought regional would be easing too.  Just goes to show how much people hear what they want to.

Hopefully the current trend continues and within 3 week or so Metro and regional Vic can be on the same restrictions.

I would love to pools to be able to open though!

16 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Sorry, should have been clearer.  I would love indoor pools to open.

Outdoor pools in our district open start of November, so I think that will be my next chance to swim.

4 hours ago, Toolish said:

Outdoor pools in our district open start of November, so I think that will be my next chance to swim.

The river is a nice temperature now, and legally swimmable by us mexicans

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

Seems there a chance Qlders and Tasmanians may be able to travel to NZ and host NZ tourists soon 🤞

2D29E9E2-2713-415F-B64E-686E611D9C00.jpeg

So I can't fly to Tassie but I can go to NZ?  Wonder if they'll let the kiwis know in advance that they're not allowed to use our hospitals?

Has also crossed my mind as to whether or not this is the route out of Oz to Europe to see the family - NZ doesn't have the departure restrictions we do to access international locations.  I can guarantee I'm not the only one considering this option.  I have no intention of waiting until someone has died to then beg some civil servant for a leave pass...

Edited by truck
Edit to add international comment
10 minutes ago, Peter said:

But can you fly into NZ if you aren’t an NZ local?

things change pretty fast 

Just WFH out of Europe for a while.  Isn't that what Andrew Forrest is doing out of Croatia?  I wonder if he'll be doing hotel quarantine when he comes back?

12 minutes ago, truck said:

Just WFH out of Europe for a while.  Isn't that what Andrew Forrest is doing out of Croatia?  I wonder if he'll be doing hotel quarantine when he comes back?

LOL 😂.  Hilarious. 

next you’ll tell me that Kerry stokes is in quarantine.  He’s been in and out of WA almost weekly since March. 

1 hour ago, truck said:

So I can't fly to Tassie but I can go to NZ? 

No you can’t fly to New Zealand yet Truck, hasn’t come in yet. NZ gov wants to open to  Qld & Tas 1st, then WA, and NT & SA. We’ll (Qld) be flying to Tas before NZ. I guess Scomo will have the final say.

This can't be right, I had a heap of people from Queensland here arguing with me and Peter that it wasn't Dans fault...? Maybe they should be called to give special evidence.... 

"Lawyers assisting Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry have squarely blamed a multitude of failures in the state government program for the deaths of 768 people and the infection of 18,000 more." 

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’m waiting for a few phone calls from them saying sorry and we were right. 😳

You might be waiting a while, I have a mate who is a one eye Labor supporter and he still thinks it's all a media beat up! 

Lol, when will people realise politics isn't a team sport. They need to be held accountable and criticised no matter which political persuasion they are... 

3 hours ago, more said:

This can't be right, I had a heap of people from Queensland here arguing with me and Peter that it wasn't Dans fault...? Maybe they should be called to give special evidence.... 

"Lawyers assisting Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry have squarely blamed a multitude of failures in the state government program for the deaths of 768 people and the infection of 18,000 more." 

When you can show me that Dan screwed the hotel guests and let them out for shopping and spread then virus around  then you'll get an apology.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, -- AJ -- said:

When you can show me that Dan screwed the hotel guests and let them out for shopping and spread then virus around  then you'll get an apology.

I heard an analogy the other day...its like leaving the gate of a prison open and blaming the inmates for escaping....

The inquest has been quite damming in their findings, lack of oversight was a key factor....and the fact they are all pulling the Bond amnesia trick is absolutely disgusting.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, more said:

The inquest has been quite damming in their findings, lack of oversight was a key factor....and the fact they are all pulling the Bond amnesia trick is absolutely disgusting.

Don't disagree with any of this. 

But the fact remains, it was the Security Guards that did the wrong thing.  One might suggest that if people are supposed to be in Quarantine then they are supposed to stay where they are and have limited contact with other people.  If you don't understand that, maybe you don't have the smarts to be a security guard.

It is the Security Guards and their cheapskate employers who should be really feeling the heat. If they had done their job properly, then its likely that this wouldn't have happened.

And theres absoluely no guarantee that this wouldn't have happened with Police or ADF doing the security work.

2 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

Don't disagree with any of this. 

But the fact remains, it was the Security Guards that did the wrong thing.  One might suggest that if people are supposed to be in Quarantine then they are supposed to stay where they are and have limited contact with other people.  If you don't understand that, maybe you don't have the smarts to be a security guard.

It is the Security Guards and their cheapskate employers who should be really feeling the heat. If they had done their job properly, then its likely that this wouldn't have happened.

And theres absoluely no guarantee that this wouldn't have happened with Police or ADF doing the security work.

Oversight: noun

systems or actions to control an activity and make sure that it is done correctly and legally:

Synonyms

administration, 

care, 

charge, 

conduct, 

control, 

direction, 

governance, 

government, 

guidance, 

handling, 

intendance, 

management, 

operation, 

presidency, 

regulation, 

running, 

stewardship, 

superintendence, 

superintendency, 

supervision

Either people in India has a higher immunity to Covid 19 or I'm thinking these stats are a little NQR

"India's horrific coronavirus statistics have reached a new grim milestone, with six million cases confirmed in the nation.

According to Health Ministry data, there were 82,170 new positive cases in the last 24 hours, with the death toll standing at 95,542.

It's still less than half of the US death toll, despite the fact that India has a far larger population."

That's a 1.6% mortality rate, versus influenza 3.9%...

image.png.3155b8fdca3a94d0ca6b70e9864a3d76.png

This sort of click bait sensationalist headline stuff is really starting to shit me.  The above is from Nine.com.

It is factually correct, but it makes todays figures sound way worse.

Every day the headline finds a way to pick the extreme view...I guess true news is dying.

1 minute ago, Toolish said:

image.png.3155b8fdca3a94d0ca6b70e9864a3d76.png

This sort of click bait sensationalist headline stuff is really starting to shit me.  The above is from Nine.com.

It is factually correct, but it makes todays figures sound way worse.

Every day the headline finds a way to pick the extreme view...I guess true news is dying.

I know, its laughable isnt it. 

Its like the "Covid death toll hits record high"  yes!!  considering it has never happened before technically 1 was a record high and every subsequent death is also a record.  

In NSW although we have had 6 out of the last 7 days have had no community cases, the media play up the total number including those in quarantine just for headlines. 

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

What about the media in wa?

the cases are all on a boat a days drive north of Perth and they are selling it that everyone in wa is going to catch it and die. 

Yep the army have been called in and we are meant to be scared and waiting for marky mark to save us

28 minutes ago, roxii said:

I know, its laughable isnt it. 

Its like the "Covid death toll hits record high"  yes!!  considering it has never happened before technically 1 was a record high and every subsequent death is also a record.  

In NSW although we have had 6 out of the last 7 days have had no community cases, the media play up the total number including those in quarantine just for headlines. 

Same in wa except we have not had a case in community for over 4 months but marky mark does not want to lose power so wants Kerry to keep scaring the sheep