24 minutes ago, Peter said:

Dont you work for a company that is rolling it out?

No. I actually work for a company that would do a lot better if it was never rolled out.

But I believe it should be.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Or from over zealous policing!!

As a side note, I was going to comment how funny it is that people who are compliant and polite with police seem to have a different experience to others.. You could imagine how if all the party people started with the fu$k you, failed to comply and refused to show I.D etc how the alternative experiences could have gone down.. 

2 hours ago, more said:

As a side note, I was going to comment how funny it is that people who are compliant and polite with police seem to have a different experience to others.. You could imagine how if all the party people started with the fu$k you, failed to comply and refused to show I.D etc how the alternative experiences could have gone down.. 

yep. The guys just wandered down and showed their id. Didn’t run. Didn’t argue. 

• Like 1

India looking grim and the USA about to hit 200,000. Our people in the USA saying that people have pretty much given up on social distancing.

Anyone with money is now sending kids to a "day camp" where they are supervised through on line learning and have recess and lunch and stay from 9 to 3

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So, with the next stage of easing scheduled to be when Victoria has 14 days averaging 30 to 50 cases a day:

I reckon the question is not "what will ittake to get out of restrictions?" but rather "what will it take to stay out of restrictions?"

Its one thing to say that if we average 30-50 cases we'll reduce restrictions, but what happens if they shoot back up to 70-80 or 120-150?

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So, with the next stage of easing scheduled to be when Victoria has 14 days averaging 30 to 50 cases a day:

Then this has to look promising from the last 8 days.

image.png.4088331b2df593274f2897d0bc464543.png

I think we've hit the target today - ie, below 50 on the 14 day average. 

(and regional is below their target of 5)

Question is, DA's range is 30-50 - so will he need it to be closer to 30? 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It is actually Metro Melbourne that has to reach those targets, not Victoria.  

Regional Victoria has a different set of targets, under 5 cases per day and 0 unknown cases for the last 14 days.  The average of under 5 is done at this stage.  Still a few unknown cases though.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just goes to show that social distancing and restrictions do work.  
meanwhile in the UK and several other countries cases are increasing again. I don’t know why they call it a second wave though. It’s just the first wave that wasn’t managed properly.  

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Melbourne 14 day average is 54.4 - so nearly at their 30-50 target

Regional Vic is 4.something - less than their 5 target.

But they do need to reinforce that if they let Regional Vic open up more, they WILL be controlling metro Melbourne peeps from coming to the country. 

That happened early on when people traveled to regional towns to do their shopping etc because they were shut down in Melbourne.   Doesn't help our case. 

7 minutes ago, Turts said:

Melbourne 14 day average is 54.4 - so nearly at their 30-50 target

Regional Vic is 4.something - less than their 5 target.

But they do need to reinforce that if they let Regional Vic open up more, they WILL be controlling metro Melbourne peeps from coming to the country. 

That happened early on when people traveled to regional towns to do their shopping etc because they were shut down in Melbourne.   Doesn't help our case. 

I remember when this whole thing started in Wuhan. The authorities only gave about 6 hours warning that they were going to lock down the city and restrict movement. Over 300,000 people left the city in that 6 hours and travelled to other areas (including Australia)

6 minutes ago, Merv said:

Such a coincidence Jeanette Young was Heather Beatties GP at one stage.

Such a coincidence that you've raised this point now.  Especially as shes been in the role for 15 years  and 4 premiers.  Surely if one of them had thought that she wasn't doing the job she'd be gone.

2 hours ago, Turts said:

My mum said people were driving up from Melbourne to Echuca to get toilet paper. 🤣 They were being rude about it too.

There was a shop out the back of Newcastle (on the way to Forster) that was checking peoples licences so he could stop Sydney people from buying all his stuff and leaving his loyal customers with nothing. Most of his customers were fixed income or without cars, so buying quantities for hoarding was impossible.

Funny thing is I am seeing all of these articles of how people are "escaping Melbourne" and the "work from home revolution" is going to mean we can depart the cities. Not got some great news on that, for a lot of large organisations there were plans being built to return to the office, even in Melbourne, was only on a part time basis to start. This was before the second wave down there. In Sydney, people are starting to get into the office to meet with others even for one day a fortnight. 

50 minutes ago, Merv said:

When was that? I thought she worked in Sydney, then came up here to work at Rocky, then at the PA?

25 minutes ago, Merv said:

Or maybe QLD Health are just untouchable.

Didn't Can Do get rid of 3000 jobs from Qld Health pretty much as soon as he came to office?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2

Just wondering, do people in SA & Tasmania, with Liberal governments, get non-stop media coverage of the Federal Government trying to get them to allow people from the ACT & NSW to enter the state, or is it just in Qld?

And then get people like Peter Dutton (who won't let people leave the country to see dying relatives) telling the premier to "show some empathy?

1 hour ago, Merv said:

This might be 100% true Merv, I’ve got no idea but wondering where you heard it? I’ve noticed some obviously fake accusations coming out against Dr Young in the last few days and we hear now there’s been threats against her life considered serious enough for the police to assign bodyguards. One the fake FB rumours doing the rounds up here is she’s always been an administrator and never practiced medicine.

27 minutes ago, MissJess said:

My mum said people were driving up from Melbourne to Echuca to get toilet paper. 🤣 They were being rude about it too.

There was a shop out the back of Newcastle (on the way to Forster) that was checking peoples licences so he could stop Sydney people from buying all his stuff and leaving his loyal customers with nothing. Most of his customers were fixed income or without cars, so buying quantities for hoarding was impossible.

Funny thing is I am seeing all of these articles of how people are "escaping Melbourne" and the "work from home revolution" is going to mean we can depart the cities. Not got some great news on that, for a lot of large organisations there were plans being built to return to the office, even in Melbourne, was only on a part time basis to start. This was before the second wave down there. In Sydney, people are starting to get into the office to meet with others even for one day a fortnight. 

Yeah some towns closer to Melbourne had even busloads of people heading to get supplies. 

We're a bit further away, but we get a lot of grey nomad type people looking to come here and hang out.  Plus harvest workers and backpackers.  

6 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

I reckon the question is not "what will ittake to get out of restrictions?" but rather "what will it take to stay out of restrictions?"

Its one thing to say that if we average 30-50 cases we'll reduce restrictions, but what happens if they shoot back up to 70-80 or 120-150?

Well the next level of the 5 case average in melbourne metro will be impossible. 

im in the city today and 50% wouldn’t have masks on or they are around their throats.  Not faces. 

but the bigger issue that I haven’t read anywhere online is the homeless people.

riding down spencer street there was a group of about 15-20 all without masks and just sitting together.  
then at southern cross station, heaps of other people on the steps without masks on. 

also a shock was 3 out of 4 shops totally gutted of fittings and the amount of for lease signs is extreme.  

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

This might be 100% true Merv, I’ve got no idea but wondering where you heard it? I’ve noticed some obviously fake accusations coming out against Dr Young in the last few days and we hear now there’s been threats against her life considered serious enough for the police to assign bodyguards. One the fake FB rumours doing the rounds up here is she’s always been an administrator and never practiced medicine.

Death threats etc are definitely unacceptable.  Still if you take on these positions and income, it also brings extra scrutiny and accountability. 

Can’t believe AP has set her up to cop all this flack - at least Dan has fronted up and said he’s responsible. It wasn’t a smart move though last week by her to say she’ll let people in who’ve got money ‘because Qld needs every dollar it can get’ (I think was the quote). Since when did she become the state’s economic adviser as well?? Personally I think she should be advising and not directing - AP was elected premier as far as I remember and I really dislike her nanny state approach. 

5 minutes ago, Merv said:

Still if you take on these positions and income, it also brings extra scrutiny and accountability. 

Yes it does, but it should never bring on false claims & lies, or death threats.

10 minutes ago, truck said:

Can’t believe AP has set her up to cop all this flack - at least Dan has fronted up and said he’s responsible. It wasn’t a smart move though last week by her to say she’ll let people in who’ve got money ‘because Qld needs every dollar it can get’ (I think was the quote). Since when did she become the state’s economic adviser as well?? Personally I think she should be advising and not directing - AP was elected premier as far as I remember and I really dislike her nanny state approach. 

I wonder what the decision with be for the AFL and league players once their season is over.

they went to Queensland for work reasons. No other. 

so when work is finished, the should come back to Victoria.

or is 1000 players worth keeping because they spend cash? 

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I wonder what the decision with be for the AFL and league players once their season is over.

i said to Helen the other day, if i had no need to go back to Victoria until pre season , i would rent a place on the gold coast or sunshine coast for sure

7 minutes ago, chris said:

i said to Helen the other day, if i had no need to go back to Victoria until pre season , i would rent a place on the gold coast or sunshine coast for sure

I’d do the same but it will be interesting to see what the Queensland premier says once its over.

if someone from the media actually asks the question of course. 

26 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yes it does, but it should never bring on false claims & lies, or death threats.

I assume it will come out in the press soon, the level and amount of threats to the Dr and her family’s safety is astounding.

33 minutes ago, Merv said:

Death threats etc are definitely unacceptable.  Still if you take on these positions and income, it also brings extra scrutiny and accountability. 

Agree 100% on the death threats. Do you remember where you her she was Mrs Beetie’s GP? Incidentally I think Heather Beetie was one of our nurses at one stage.

31 minutes ago, truck said:

Are you in Qld Truck? Not that I believe that would prohibit anyone from commenting, just interested in where your perspective comes from.

Edited by Mike Del
30 minutes ago, Merv said:

Anna and the health minister need to HTFU....

IMG_3328.thumb.png.04bcd2eebb01e63a0d2fb104e1315be9.png

Edited by Prince
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Peter said:

I would assume they probably wouldn’t be treated any different to the 10’s of thousands of grey nomads from Vic, NSW that are currently here in Qld

37 minutes ago, truck said:

Exactly.   You don’t say those things when you have many people out of work hanging on by a thread 

Scomo has every right to question Anna over the strict border closures after its the feds who are Ponying up the money for jobkeeper.  At least she has taken some advice by getting more staff to process applications for exempt medical grounds.  

• Like 1

Meanwhile is Israel. 4000 cases a day. 

and the riots are on. Bold given they shoot there ask questions later. 

Movement restricted to 500 meters from home, private sector work places to close to public, public sector to continue under limitations, restaurants, commerce banned, schools closed, congregation limited to no more than 10 people indoors and 20 outside

Israel's government on Sunday, approved a three-week nationwide lockdown, starting on Friday, to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

The new measures which may be extended beyond the initial three weeks, were approved after cases of COVID-19 spiked in recent weeks and amid criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's handling of the virus and the economy.

שוק הכרמל בצל הקורונה
Shoppers at the Carmel Market in Tel Aviv as the cabinet mulls a lockdown
(Photo: Moti Kimchi)
Israel has recorded over 4,000 new cases daily since last week with over 500 people in serious condition of which 139 are on ventilators. The death toll from coronavirus has reached 1,108 since the start of the pandemic.

1 hour ago, truck said:

I'm not in Qld - but I do find it interesting the different ways the States Premiers and Health Officers are playing the game. 

DA is taking the overall responsibility. 

AP is saying it's not up to her, and throwing the HO under the bus. 

They're both Labour right?  Is this just another level of inconsistency among State processes?  I wouldn't have though this sort of State direction and decision should be laid at the feet of one bureaucrat?. 

Are you in Qld Truck? Not that I believe that would prohibit anyone from commenting, just interested in where your perspective comes from.

Been in Brissie for a number of years now, long time down in Mel before that and have family there as well hence the interest. But my biggest disappointment with all of this is the impotency of the PM - I (naively) thought this was Australia and not just a collection of jingoistic states with the exception of NSW. Why can’t we have one consistent set of advice based on best practise? It really can’t be that hard. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, truck said:

Why can’t we have one consistent set of advice based on best practise? It really can’t be that hard. 

Because we're the 5th biggest country by size in the world and what may work in one part of the country (e.g WA, NT and SA where the population is fairly sparse) may not work in Victoria where the population is more concentrated.

6 minutes ago, truck said:

Been in Brissie for a number of years now, long time down in Mel before that and have family there as well hence the interest. But my biggest disappointment with all of this is the impotency of the PM - I (naively) thought this was Australia and not just a collection of jingoistic states with the exception of NSW. Why can’t we have one consistent set of advice based on best practise? It really can’t be that hard. 

unfortunately it is that hard. the constitution is an immovable object.  Back in May the PM put out the 3 stage plan but the States did their own thing. 

1 hour ago, -- AJ -- said:

Because we're the 5th biggest country by size in the world and what may work in one part of the country (e.g WA, NT and SA where the population is fairly sparse) may not work in Victoria where the population is more concentrated.

China managed it. 

8 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

So they say.  Whether they actually did or not depends on whether you believe the truth of results they're publishing

I go off a mate that lives there. 

actually 2 different mates in 2 different cities. 

rather than conspiracy 

47 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

They also handle their "Sovereign Citizens" a little differently too. I can imagine how Bunnings Karen would have gone in Tiananmen Square.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. 

I felt so much safer in China than I did in LA. 

On 07/09/2020 at 8:48 PM, Peter said:

8B3FD349-7244-41F8-809B-F21CC007CB86.jpeg

Just for the sake of keeping everything honest, Peter’s poll that showed the public had turned against Dan was highlighted on tonight’s Media Watch. Seems The Age has taken down this Twitter poll after noticing the tally was actually in favour of and supporting Dan’s roadmap out of lockdown 65% to 35% until 20,000 votes against Dan were recorded in a few minutes from the same IP address. 

Edit ... obviously this wasn’t known when Peter posted the poll in this thread

Edited by Mike Del
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Just for the sake of keeping everything honest, Peter’s poll that showed the public had turned against Dan was highlighted on tonight’s Media Watch. Seems The Age has taken down this Twitter poll after noticing the tally was actually in favour of and supporting Dan’s roadmap out of lockdown 65% to 35% until 20,000 votes against Dan were recorded in a few minutes from the same IP address. 

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/episodes/polls/12662916?jwsource=cl

• Like 1