• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swab result - Covid negative. Just a coincidental illness. Means I can leave the house! Hooray! Have cancelled ambulance shift for Sunday because still feeling under the weather but back out again nex

On behalf of everyone else here on Trannies (apologies to those who I purport to be speaking for who don't share my view), mate, would you mind putting a lid on your intentionally inflammatory comment

Thought I'd check in with you all. Have to say I'm struggling a bit with redundancy, the virus and its knock on effects. Trying to stay positive but feeling quite 'isolated' over here now and starting

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

"It's disappointing because I think there's an implied social contract that if your firm is getting taxpayer assistance it shouldn't be paying bonuses to executives."

I'm not sure profit maximising firms factor in implied social contracts :)

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Dan Andrews can’t remember who said he needed an 8pm curfew. 

wasn’t the CHO 

Wasnt the Police 

seriously he is farked. Just own it ya lair. 

70% of people think he is doing a good job Peter - to brighten your evening

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8518-victorian-stage-4-restrictions-september-10-2020-202009091315

Edited by dazaau
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, dazaau said:

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8518-victorian-stage-4-restrictions-september-10-2020-202009091315

More proof a lot of the public are morons. I guess that's no surprise with highest rating shows are MAFS etc.. But hey they relected a moron that flushed $1B of our dollars down the drain, and has now put countless people out of work and destroyed so many lives.. so what do I know.. All heil Comrade Dan. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Not surprising - aren’t 70% of victorians employed by the public service ? Really need pink font here

Edited by Cat Lady
14 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Not surprising - aren’t 70% of victorians employed by the public service ? Really need pink font here

And are not small small business owners that employ a very large proportion of the population. Like I have said many times small business got thrown under a bus for the sale of protection of the  vulnerable now the small business owners are becoming vulnerable. Oh the irony 

So yet again we have the non-Melburnians telling us how we should feel about our situation in Melbourne. Thanks guys, what would we do without you!  Oh that's right, just ****ing get on with it and get it done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I find funny is it is now without doubt that this whole disaster lies fairly and squarely with Dictator Dan, yet he is still in a job. I can't think of a bigger possible screw up than to send thousands of people to the wall, to indirectly cause the death of many and throw the state into communist rule and still keep your job... 

47 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Fake news. They haven’t asked 100% of Victorians in the survey. 

3 minutes ago, -H- said:

So yet again we have the non-Melburnians telling us how we should feel about our situation in Melbourne. Thanks guys, what would we do without you!  Oh that's right, just ****ing get on with it and get it done.  

Thank you. 

meanwhile, we find out more drama about young people dying, isn’t true  

5E92DD0A-6C64-41AB-A739-8AB290161BDE.jpeg

6 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

I dont know anyone asked and I am almost certain I know not a single person that is in that 70%....

I know ardent Labor supporters who want him gone. When job seeker is cut and people face the true reality of what he has caused he will be gone

7 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

I dont know anyone asked and I am almost certain I know not a single person that is in that 70%....

I was asked but I was too busy to answer.  But I'm in the 70% (not that you know me).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, -H- said:

I was asked but I was too busy to answer.  But I'm in the 70% (not that you know me).

C'mon -H-....I know you as the brave soul thats swims Frankston in the middle of winter. Thats ace in my books.

• Like 1

Count me in as part of the 70%.

33 minutes ago, more said:

You think he has done a good job? Geez I'd hate to see what a bad job looks like... 

A bad job to me looks like 5,000+ deaths. 

I personally have more of a problem with the way NSW is managing the Vic border.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Toolish said:

I personally have more of a problem with the way NSW is managing the Vic border.

Location Mildura... 

58 minutes ago, Peter said:

Fake news. They haven’t asked 100% of Victorians in the survey. 

Thank you. 

meanwhile, we find out more drama about young people dying, isn’t true  

5E92DD0A-6C64-41AB-A739-8AB290161BDE.jpeg

I got surveyed the other night, not this one (I think it was probably internal political polling). There will be a few come out, 70% doesn't sound right, that's really high. Different question (and the way questions are asked is everything) but the trend before the crap really hit the fan was lower than that

https://www.pollbludger.net/

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Toolish said:

That's a bit odd. You are ok with people not being able to move more than 5k, and only within that 5k for essential items once a day as to exercise once a day, but you think that NSW should open up it's border?

Just seems a bit inconsistent

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Toolish said:

What is your point?

That like the people from out of state you don't have an appreciation for what it's like. Sure must be tough for H having to swim down the beach for example, thousands don't have that luxury. 

I guess though when your bench mark is thousands of people dieing you can't really do a bad job can you.. Unless all these restrictions were a direct result of your incompetence. 

10 minutes ago, Toolish said:

Hmmm. Again, i havent been polled, but was the question actually "so, would you like to stay locked down and curfewed, or have 5000 deaths a day?".

Geez. I would have answered stay locked down too I guess.

Surely though, the real question is "do you believe the ONLY options available to us as a society, is the plan that was tabled on Sunday....

4 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

Hmmm. Again, i havent been polled, but was the question actually "so, would you like to stay locked down and curfewed, or have 5000 deaths a day?".

The question that garnered the 70% approval was:

Do you APPROVE or DISAPPROVE of the way Mr. Daniel Andrews is handling is job as Premier of Victoria?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dazaau said:

That's a bit odd. You are ok with people not being able to move more than 5k, but you think that NSW should open up it's border?

Just seems a bit inconsistent

I am in regional Victoria, we are under Stage 3 so not limited to 5km.  I can go for a bike ride, run, play golf other exercise any reasonable distance from home.  I live about 6km from the border but can't cross.  

The below was posted by the CEO of a Murray Downs Golf Club that is just NSW side of the border (much like my home club of Coomealla).  That approach just makes no sense to me, the NSW government is punishing these businesses for no good reason.  No border town has more than 1 active case so why not let the border open to the border bubble now.

image.png

26 minutes ago, more said:

That like the people from out of state you don't have an appreciation for what it's like. Sure must be tough for H having to swim down the beach for example, thousands don't have that luxury. 

I guess though when your bench mark is thousands of people dieing you can't really do a bad job can you.. Unless all these restrictions were a direct result of your incompetence. 

The survey was of Victorians not Melbournians.  Oh, I forgot, I don't agree with you so I am not relevant.

My bench mark was based on Floridas figures.

19 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

Geez. I would have answered stay locked down too I guess.

Surely though, the real question is "do you believe the ONLY options available to us as a society, is the plan that was tabled on Sunday....

I don't think it was the only option, but unlike some on here I don't think I know everything about everything.  I don't have a well formulated better option so I would have to say I think he is doing ok.

Edited by Toolish
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CharlieB said:

I was being facetious.  I think the debate is worthy of nuance and input from a broader section of the community than currently seems to be being consulted.

Well I'm not allowed to join in the actual debate.

4 minutes ago, CharlieB said:

I was being facetious.  I think the debate is worthy of nuance and input from a broader section of the community than currently seems to be being consulted.

Exactly, I'd imagine for example the lockdown experience might be a little different for someone living in Frankston who can still swim, run and ride down the coast compared to someone in suburbia. 

Edit...Or someone living in regional Victoria who can still play golf, ride and run more than 5ks from home... 

Edited by more
4 minutes ago, Toolish said:

The survey was of Victorians not Melbournians.  Oh, I forgot, I don't agree with you so I am not relevant. 

What I said was quite clear, not that you aren't relevant, but that you don't have an appreciation for what it's like. 

Just now, more said:

What I said was quite clear, not that you aren't relevant, but that you don't have an appreciation for what it's like. 

I said as a Victorian if surveyed I would be part of the 70% that said Dan was doing a good job.

You replied stating my location.  Yep, perfectly ****ing clear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, Toolish said:

I am in regional Victoria, we are under Stage 3 so not limited to 5km.  I can go for a bike ride, run, play golf other exercise any reasonable distance from home.  I live about 6km from the border but can't cross.  

image.png

Right, but that's like saying you are ok with it as long as it didn't affect you?

For example you are ok with me being locked up with 9 cases in my lga and 0 in my suburb. NSW are trying to protect themselves, same logic for the 5k radius in Melbourne.

I agree regional Vic should be opened up because you have such low cases, but you can't criticise NSW for being overly careful as a Victorian I don't think ;)

We're all in this together!

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1
Just now, Toolish said:

I said as a Victorian if surveyed I would be part of the 70% that said Dan was doing a good job.

You replied stating my location.  Yep, perfectly ****ing clear.

And it easy to say he is doing a good job when you aren't living with the full consequences of his incompetence ;)

I will step back after this last comment. 

Whilst on my one hour run tonight I was thinking about the absolute irony of the fact that shortly, some of the worst criminals currently locked up in Vic will likely be released because of police corruption. Those people are murderers, and serious drug trafficers (whose crimes no doubt lead to deaths and abject misery) who will now be given freedom so that we uphold fundamental principles of democracy and our constitution (as I understand it).

At the same time, the general public are being curfewed because a minority will likely transgress inconsistant and arbitrary rules put in place to deal with an issue for which hundreds of health care professionals are openly stating is managable with protocol changes.

Take care everyone. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Right, but that's like saying you are ok with it as long as it didn't affect you?

For example you are ok with me being locked up with 9 cases in my lga and 0 in my suburb. NSW are trying to protect themselves, same logic for the 5k radius in Melbourne.

I agree regional Vic should be opened up because you have such low cases, but you can't criticise NSW for being overly careful as a Victorian I don't think ;)

We're all in this together!

I am not sure exactly where you live, but they tried locking down sections of Melbourne and it didn't work.  There are too many ways to travel between suburbs and very little clear delineation of where one suburb or LGA ends and the next starts.  9 active in your LGA would be enough for me personally to say keep it locked down 5 in the LGA maybe look at opening it.  

To be honest the NSW border closure does not actually affect me personally too much.  It means I can't play golf at my home club but I can deal with that, only go there once every week or two either way.  I guess I just don't understand the rationale of locking down the state border when the LGA's either side are clear.  I just struggle to comprehend that active cases in Geelong or Colac affect what the NSW government does with Victorians who live within 50km of the border.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The question that garnered the 70% approval was:

Do you APPROVE or DISAPPROVE of the way Mr. Daniel Andrews is handling is job as Premier of Victoria?

And I was think that 100% of people in WA or Sa would think Dan is doing an awesome job.  Completing the survey whilst ina pub 3 beers in. Ie we don’t want Victorians Covid virus getting out. 

however 70% with the virus are aged or healthcare.  30% are community. 

thats about 0.0025% of the population. 

having said all of that, surveys are always wrong.  Hillary was a massive favourite to become president. Up until about 4pm on Election Day. 

4 minutes ago, Toolish said:

I am not sure exactly where you live, but they tried locking down sections of Melbourne and it didn't work.  There are too many ways to travel between suburbs and very little clear delineation of where one suburb or LGA ends and the next starts.  9 active in your LGA would be enough for me personally to say keep it locked down 5 in the LGA maybe look at opening it.  

This goes to show you are in Victoria with absolutely zero idea of what is going on in Melbourne. 

people could still go anywhere in those suburbs at the time. People in those areas could go to work anywhere in the city.

the only thing they locked down was businesses. 

ie shut cafes and flower shops etc...

Edited by Peter
12 minutes ago, more said:

And it easy to say he is doing a good job when you aren't living with the full consequences of his incompetence ;)

I agree I am in a better situation than a lot of others within this pandemic.  But the original comment was asking how 70% of Victorians could say he is doing a good job, my perspective and situation is why we do not ALL think Dan is a complete failure.

I will say this, I have 3 sisters who live in suburban Melbourne and during all of our communication none of them have expressed the absolute displeasure at Dan's performance that has been seen on here.

• Like 2

I agree I am in a better situation than a lot of others within this pandemic.  But the original comment was asking how 70% of Victorians could say he is doing a good job, my perspective and situation is why we do not ALL think Dan is a complete failure.

I will say this, I have 3 sisters who live in suburban Melbourne and during all of our communication none of them have expressed the absolute displeasure at Dan's performance that has been seen on here.

Have any of your sisters lost their job with no hope of their chosen industry starting again for years? 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

This goes to show you are in Victoria with absolutely zero idea of what is going on in Melbourne. 

people could still go anywhere in those suburbs at the time. People in those areas could go to work anywhere in the city.

the only thing they locked down was businesses. 

From what I read food and supplies, medical care, exercise, and work or education were the reasons to leave home at that time in those suburbs.

Now from what I can gather it is similar, plus the 5km, plus the curfew except Melbourne wide.

Is that correct?

The going to work anywhere and going between suburbs to work was what I meant by 'There are too many ways to travel between suburbs and very little clear delineation of where one suburb or LGA ends and the next starts. ' probably should have termed that better.

No, but my wife will have as soon as job keeper finishes.

Great, so after your wife looses her job, you can't pay your bills, you havent seen any friends or family for a couple of months, are only allowed outside for 1 hour a day... no golf, no trips past 5ks, make sure you are locked up before 8... Live with this...life with this pressure building... And then see how you feel our illustrious leader is doing.. 

1 minute ago, more said:

Great, so after your wife looses her job, you can't pay your bills, you havent seen any friends or family for a couple of months, are only allowed outside for 1 hour a day... no golf, no trips past 5ks, make sure you are locked up before 8... Live with this...life with this pressure building... And then see how you feel our illustrious leader is doing.. 

We have savings, I normally only see family easter and christmas,  friends maybe once every 3 months, only played golf once in the past 6 weeks, other than work I have not been more than 5km from home since the border shut, only fit enough to run for about 45 minutes and never out after 8 as kids are in bed.

You pretty much just described my life as I always lead it...maybe that is why I am ok with it all 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It just gets better and better.. Good job Dan... 

"Health bureaucrats stopped Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton taking control of the state’s coronavirus response against his wishes and in contradiction to the state’s own pandemic plan." 

“One of the reasons Victoria has found itself in trouble is because the chief health officer’s advice wasn’t sought when they were making key decisions like about hotel quarantine in Victoria,” Professor Mathews said. “Unfortunately, the lowest common denominator prevailed.”

44 minutes ago, Toolish said:

We have savings, I normally only see family easter and christmas,  friends maybe once every 3 months, only played golf once in the past 6 weeks, other than work I have not been more than 5km from home since the border shut, only fit enough to run for about 45 minutes and never out after 8 as kids are in bed.

You pretty much just described my life as I always lead it...maybe that is why I am ok with it all 

Mate. I'm with you.

Haven't worked since February.( No  govt subsidization )

Speak with a couple of mates each week on the phone. Catch up with the kids that moved out of home earlier in the year for a walk along the foreshore.

Sit on the Wahoo for an hour 3 times a week, and spend as much time as I can keeping the weeds in the garden under control.

Couldn't give a flying f..K about curfews and 5k restrictions. Don't need coffee shops or restaurants cause I have a machine and can cook.

Just not into catastophizing and all the negativity.

No-one I know has died or even caught the virus, and for that, I am grateful.Smelling the roses.🥰

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1