Buying a Marketing Gimmick

I was considering this the other day.

Are all the names Anglo?

I haven't seen any name ones that aren't.

Is that just because I'm in a white bread suburb?

To answer the original question, it doesn't make me buy more.

But if I was buying 2 bottles and there were 2 Tyno bottles next to 2 Flanman bottles, I'd take the 2 Tyno ones.

• Haha 3

Tyno, there are multi national based names. The large bottles are in family names and the smaller bottles are in first names. 

I didn’t buy a bottle with my name on it - I just got sent a photo. However, I spent about 5-10 minutes looking through names whilst shopping the other day at Woolies. 
FM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of my morning coffee shops has a can with the name of the establishment on it. On closer inspection it is a sticker, so there is probably some latitude for personalisation/customisation. 

Name on the bottle can would not be a primary driver of purchasing decision.

When you see a Coke bottle with your name on it. I see a one-way express ticket to type 2 diabetes...

Unless it's on the ironman run course or you get handed a cold bottle at the 35k mark of a marathon in which case I see "paradise".  But in that case the appropriate name on it wouldn't be pretty!

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

When you see a Coke bottle with your name on it. I see a one-way express ticket to type 2 diabetes...

Unless it's on the ironman run course or you get handed a cold bottle at the 35k mark of a marathon in which case I see "paradise".  But in that case the appropriate name on it wouldn't be pretty!

Pepsi Max FTW!

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Post crit 

EB73BB2D-6B43-4DD0-BEFE-AC6B5AB46839.jpeg

The fkn team manager always gives me the "princess" can of coke after our crit races.  Did multiple attacks, pulled the breakaway back, go up for third. Still got the "princess" can.........  He said win a race & you might get the "old mate" can.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

The fkn team manager always gives me the "princess" can of coke after our crit races.  Did multiple attacks, pulled the breakaway back, go up for third. Still got the "princess" can.........  He said win a race & you might get the "old mate" can.

I won. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Are in team thats part of your club or an independent team?