Jump to content

Life Hacks - list them below


Recommended Posts

This week I learnt one of the greatest things ever. 

How to heat up left over pizza!!!!!

Zap it in the microwave & then put it on the sandwich press for a few minutes. 

Four minutes later you have hot pizza with a crispy base. It was better than when it was delivered. 

You can all thank me later :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

This week I learnt one of the greatest things ever. 

How to heat up left over pizza!!!!!

Zap it in the microwave & then put it on the sandwich press for a few minutes. 

Four minutes later you have hot pizza with a crispy base. It was better than when it was delivered. 

You can all thank me later :)

Left over pizza...? 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

One that works in Melbourne at least, but not done enough driving in other capitals since working this one out so keen to hear if it works there as well

When approaching major intersections, the lane markers go from broken lines to solid lines at a distance where, once the lights go amber, you do not have the safe breaking distance and are safe to go through the lights before they go red.  If you are on divided lines and the light goes amber, you have the safe breaking distance to stop (assumes you are doing the speed limit) before they go red.

Pointed this out to my nephews when on their Ls to take away some of their angst about when to break for the lights and when not too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

One that works in Melbourne at least, but not done enough driving in other capitals since working this one out so keen to hear if it works there as well

When approaching major intersections, the lane markers go from broken lines to solid lines at a distance where, once the lights go amber, you do not have the safe breaking distance and are safe to go through the lights before they go red.  If you are on divided lines and the light goes amber, you have the safe breaking distance to stop (assumes you are doing the speed limit) before they go red.

Pointed this out to my nephews when on their Ls to take away some of their angst about when to break for the lights and when not too.

Absolutely no clue what this is about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

One that works in Melbourne at least, but not done enough driving in other capitals since working this one out so keen to hear if it works there as well

When approaching major intersections, the lane markers go from broken lines to solid lines at a distance where, once the lights go amber, you do not have the safe breaking distance and are safe to go through the lights before they go red.  If you are on divided lines and the light goes amber, you have the safe breaking distance to stop (assumes you are doing the speed limit) before they go red.

Pointed this out to my nephews when on their Ls to take away some of their angst about when to break for the lights and when not too.

Sounds like an accident and/or ticket waiting to happen.  Single unbroken line means don't change lanes so could be realistically any length (unless Victoria is such a nanny state that its legislated the length of those lines)

AJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nath. said:

There is a little arrow above the fuel gauge in all cars which tells you which side the fuel cap is on the car.....handy for rental cars when you are failing them up.

Many cars. Not mine 😞 Handy tip though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenneth said:

Here’s a nerdy one. 

Add a column to your spreadsheet and fill with series. So in future when you sort data on a different column you can get back to original order if you fark it up. 

Doesn't help if you accidentally sort a single column instead of the whole sheet, or so I have heard 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prince said:

if someone tail gates you, turn on your wiper wash. They tend to get the message when water sprays over their windscreens. 

I taught my daughter to do what I do, which is to keep your right foot on the accelerator and stay at your normal speed but just rest your left foot on the brake enough to turn the brake lights on. 
You won’t slow down and cause an accident but you will see their eyes widen if they are close enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roxii said:

I taught my daughter to do what I do, which is to keep your right foot on the accelerator and stay at your normal speed but just rest your left foot on the brake enough to turn the brake lights on. 
You won’t slow down and cause an accident but you will see their eyes widen if they are close enough. 

My left foot is still carrying the muscle memory of many years of manual driving so when I tried this I almost did cause a crash....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, more said:

clean out an old lotion bottle for your beach

 

My Brother used to keep a piece of blue plastic packing band inside the board racks of his old commodore. He'd lock the keys in the car, then when you come up off the beach, pull the plug off the board rack to get the strip out, then use it to unlock the door. 

I suppose you can't do that to these damn new-fangled cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick buzz....

Soda streams and tyre inflators use CO2 cartridges to supply a high pressure stream of gas.  Whipped cream dispensers on teh other hand, can't use CO2 as it would make the cream too acidic and yucky. Instead, they use N20 (nitrous oxide or "happy gas").  So if you don't put cream in the dispenser and suck on the outlet nozzle while pressing the dispenser lever you will understand that "Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas that is commonly used for sedation and pain relief, but is also used by people to feel intoxicated or high".

Pete does not recommend or condone the practice of recreational drug taking, however if you know any good ones please let me know - for research purposes only....

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pete said:

A quick buzz....

Pete does not recommend or condone the practice of recreational drug taking, however if you know any good ones please let me know - for research purposes only....

Apparently if you suck on a Cane Toad you can have an hallucinogenic episode....and then die.

AJ (Don't try this at home kids) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete said:

A quick buzz....

Soda streams and tyre inflators use CO2 cartridges to supply a high pressure stream of gas.  Whipped cream dispensers on teh other hand, can't use CO2 as it would make the cream too acidic and yucky. Instead, they use N20 (nitrous oxide or "happy gas").  So if you don't put cream in the dispenser and suck on the outlet nozzle while pressing the dispenser lever you will understand that "Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas that is commonly used for sedation and pain relief, but is also used by people to feel intoxicated or high".

Pete does not recommend or condone the practice of recreational drug taking, however if you know any good ones please let me know - for research purposes only....

i think the very early models of soda stream that had the small green bulbs were nitrous as i went out with a girl who punctured them and snorted the fumes. She asked me to try but i was way too chicken. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pete said:

A quick buzz....

Soda streams and tyre inflators use CO2 cartridges to supply a high pressure stream of gas.  Whipped cream dispensers on teh other hand, can't use CO2 as it would make the cream too acidic and yucky. Instead, they use N20 (nitrous oxide or "happy gas").  So if you don't put cream in the dispenser and suck on the outlet nozzle while pressing the dispenser lever you will understand that "Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas that is commonly used for sedation and pain relief, but is also used by people to feel intoxicated or high".

Pete does not recommend or condone the practice of recreational drug taking, however if you know any good ones please let me know - for research purposes only....

In Vietnam you can buy a balloon full of happy gas right on the street or in some clubs. So I'm told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, roxii said:

I taught my daughter to do what I do, which is to keep your right foot on the accelerator and stay at your normal speed but just rest your left foot on the brake enough to turn the brake lights on. 
You won’t slow down and cause an accident but you will see their eyes widen if they are close enough. 

If you are driving an old car... Simultaneously drop into 2nd and pull on the handbrake 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Prince said:

i think the very early models of soda stream that had the small green bulbs were nitrous as i went out with a girl who punctured them and snorted the fumes. She asked me to try but i was way too chicken. 

A mate of mine used to carry one in his car for the equivalent of what the kids now call "pre-drinks" when we went out in town.

A funny coincidence that this would happen in the carpark of the dental school in the city. :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...