International Space Station

Have watched it pass over us the last two nights. Last night was at the Edinburgh Tattoo in Sydney. Just about to go out in Sydney @ 9:22 pm - at SSW for 2 mins. Other times are located here (make sure you look for "ICC").:- https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=Australia&region=New_South_Wales&city=Sydney#.XawyhG5uLIU

Exciting stuff !!

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1

It motors doesn't it!  Was it on a run one night near the Uni when it was going over (I had an alert that it was visible) and pointed it out to a few people.  They were actually quite interested to see it, especially how fast it goes.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Parkside said:

go watch a Year in Space on Netflix. awesome

Apps Sputnik and ISS Spotter are useful.

Just watched the first 2 episodes.  

If it wasn’t 1030 I’d watch the lot.  

Thanks parkie.  

10 minutes ago, roxii said:

On episode 10 already.

being housebound sucks :lol: 

Sometimes I think it'd be good to have major surgery & then be housebound unable to walk. I could watch all the movies & series' that I have wanted to but haven't had the time.

Then I realise the other side of it.

My wife would have me painting the house & doing up the laundry. :)

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Sometimes I think it'd be good to have major surgery & then be housebound unable to walk. I could watch all the movies & series' that I have wanted to but haven't had the time.

The downside is, depending on the pain meds, there is a lot of dozing off, waking up, rewinding, watching the same  stuff again then repeat. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've spent probably 2months in hospital and it's actually so good to just sit in bed guilt free and watch TV, sleep and have food brought to you. It's the best!! 

8 minutes ago, more said:

I've spent probably 2months in hospital and it's actually so good to just sit in bed guilt free and watch TV, sleep and have food brought to you. It's the best!! 

Not that I want to do it, but it would be interesting to see how I cope. I like the idea of the guilt-free idle time, but I still think I'd feel guilty.

Plus I don't want to have to go to hospital.  

Pretty insane hey? One of the best things I’ve done is take the fam out of Disney World for a day to go to Kennedy Space Centre for the day then nighttime to the closest viewing spot on the base for an Atlas 5 launch. Tiny compared to the Saturn’s but the light and then noise as they reach max acceleration and you are looking up its date is something you can never forget

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Peter said:

All watched. Thanks @Parkside  I really enjoyed that series. 

Agreed, just binge watched the entire series. Certainly requires a very special temperament to do what they did. His girlfriend (quite hot) reminds me of the wife from Curb your Enthusiasm.

How crazy that his brother's wife was the senator who got shot? Great show.

On 23/10/2019 at 1:27 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Trust me, it loses its shine real quick!

• 1 year later...

Meanwhile, China have launched the first module of a new Space Station using their Long-March 5B booster rocket, which still has no provision for controlled re-entry... they just toss it out there and hope for the best. Due to crash somewhere in the next 12-24hrs-ish, with Australia being one of the potential crash sites - I guess that's one was for them to demonstrate they can hit us with a missile.

19 hours ago, Yogi Bearista said:

Meanwhile, China have launched the first module of a new Space Station using their Long-March 5B booster rocket, which still has no provision for controlled re-entry... they just toss it out there and hope for the best. Due to crash somewhere in the next 12-24hrs-ish, with Australia being one of the potential crash sites - I guess that's one was for them to demonstrate they can hit us with a missile.

Nearly did us a favor and got our cricketers in the Maldives. 

5640EAA2-C601-4973-8C37-A68BF306D191.jpeg

• Haha 1

The cricketers should send their butlers out of their penthouses at their 5 star hotel to buy a lotto ticket. They have managed to avoid a pandemic in India and being hit by space junk.😀

3 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

The cricketers should send their butlers out of their penthouses at their 5 star hotel to buy a lotto ticket. They have managed to avoid a pandemic in India and being hit by space junk.😀

It was just a myth this is actually Chinese, it was actually an Australian Govt drone strike on those cricketers.

• Haha 1
On 04/05/2021 at 8:26 PM, Peter said:

This is a great tour of the space station 

I love this stuff. 

I watched it last night. Really cool to watch. I was surprised how messy it was. There seemed to be cables going everywhere. I expected it to military grade neatness, it was more like a teenagers bedroom.

3 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I watched it last night. Really cool to watch. I was surprised how messy it was. There seemed to be cables going everywhere. I expected it to military grade neatness, it was more like a teenagers bedroom.

Except for the Japanese pod.  It was perfect.