Kona race day thread. Let’s GO!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should there be a limit on the number of German professionals allowed in the race.  Surely the answer is nein!

hey burgs report   #IronmanWC race report Swim. Good start but bunched up behind. I speculate who’s there; probably not Wurf. Going as planned. Stroke stroke stroke breathe. Rough calculat

Crowley spoke after that in the presser and told Reece he should get her 2 dogs anyway. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Customer said:

anyone found part 2????

Hey TC, when you get it, can you please post the link. Your link above is the only one I've been able to watch through the old xbox, without it freezing and constantly dropping out 😭😣 Muchas Gracias

Just now, prhino said:

Race day thread not so busy these days

The coverage is so much better that we are all watching it instead of complaining. You used to be able to post here in all the locked up gaps in coverage that they've finally been able to get rid of.

21 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So will this be Wurf's first pro race where he doesn't lead at some stage?

Yes. Surprising. I e petted him to be 5 minutes up the road, not 2 minutes behind. It looks like he wont even likely have fastest bike split - Stein will, but let’s see if Wurf goes for a bike bomb off the front in the last 10 miles. 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The coverage is so much better that we are all watching it instead of complaining. You used to be able to post here in all the locked up gaps in coverage that they've finally been able to get rid of.

The FB coverage has averaged about 64k viewers, which I assume is worldwide, which seems very low?

So Brownlee had a wheel change? That would explain how he got dropped by so much, and at least he is with TO to bring it into T2. Looks like Wurf is not going to even have the fastest bike split today, now that is going to make some good interview material after the race!!

from st

5 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

So Brownlee had a wheel change? That would explain how he got dropped by so much, and at least he is with TO to bring it into T2. Looks like Wurf is not going to even have the fastest bike split today, now that is going to make some good interview material after the race!!

from st

Brownlee had the wheel change at the turn around. This is not the reason he was dropped. He was dropped because Jan broke him and Tim up the last big hill at the 90 mile mark and then kept surging away. Brownlee is now a couple of minutes behind TO and is like to finish the bike with the Wurf group - or there abouts.

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yep

24 minutes ago, FatPom said:

The FB coverage has averaged about 64k viewers, which I assume is worldwide, which seems very low?

Nah there are other links too.  Not just fb.  Its been showing in the comments on fb. 

Also ironman track eyeballs not just race day but after as well. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Brownlee had the wheel change at the turn around. This is not the reason he was dropped. He was dropped because Jan broke him and Tim up the last big hill at the 90 mile mark and then kept surging away. Brownlee is now a couple of minutes behind TO and is like to finish the bike with the Wurf group - or there abouts.

leader board has him in third

Looks like Emma passed on the tips I gave her on Thursday night.  In the spirit of the AP/PJ win, I'm going to be taking some credit when he takes the title with a sub 8:00.

Edited by Stikman
  • Haha 1
  • roxii unpinned this topic