Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16:58:07  Lets just say, that was tough. 

I got the result I deserved. 15.34 Overweight and under trained. 100.3kg of pleasure. The last time I swam was over a year, longest ride was 90km.  Biggest run was 10km and I bonked on that day. 

I turned to the doctor and glares at him, started quivering and said, “you have no ****ing idea of the year I’ve had and how important it is to me to finish this race I never wanted to do just 5

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wombattri said:

Who’s in for this (besides me)?

I have Noosa Tri first, then Busso.

My first time in WA. Any advice welcome - humorous or otherwise...

 

Yeah I'm down for the full. You doing the full too?

Have you got your accommodation organised?
 

Bring an outfit for the beer mile. If you forget I can lend you something...

Edited by zed
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zed said:

Yeah I'm down for the full. You doing the full too?

Have you got your accommodation organised?
 

Bring an outfit for the beer mile. If you forget I can lend you something...

Yep doing the full. Staying at Abbey Beach resort. 

Thanks for the lend of the outfit, depends I guess where it’s been...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wombattri said:

Yep doing the full. Staying at Abbey Beach resort. 

Thanks for the lend of the outfit, depends I guess where it’s been...

I was about to say, you don't want to borrow any outfits from Zed on account of the places those poor things have been.

Stikman and I are in for the full. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wombattri said:

Yep doing the full. Staying at Abbey Beach resort. 

There was a greasy spoon takeaway place at the little shops up the road that was open pretty early on Monday morning for your post race pre-breakfast breakfast requirements.

The Maccas drive thru in town was open til midnight on Sunday (I think it was midnight anyway)

You can borrow Stikman's pump, even if you've never met him before :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tyno said:

There was a greasy spoon takeaway place at the little shops up the road that was open pretty early on Monday morning for your post race pre-breakfast breakfast requirements.

The Maccas drive thru in town was open til midnight on Sunday (I think it was midnight anyway)

You can borrow Stikman's pump, even if you've never met him before :D

This is critical information. I like cheeseburgers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an after-party at my place on the Sunday, I'll let youse know the address closer to the time, all trannies welcome! Anyone wearing Ironman apparel will be refused entry. Pete bring your carton!

Edited by zed
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, zed said:

There's an after-party at my place on the Sunday, I'll let youse know the address closer to the time, all trannies welcome! Anyone wearing Ironman apparel will be refused entry. Pete bring your carton!

I'll wear my medal then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2019 at 3:23 PM, zed said:

There's an after-party at my place on the Sunday, I'll let youse know the address closer to the time, all trannies welcome! Anyone wearing Ironman apparel will be refused entry. Pete bring your carton!

I like your dress code!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Would this be allowed?

Image result for sexy ironman costume

Look I did say no Ironman apparel, but I think on this occasion I could make an exception. 

note: I do not want overweight middle-aged blokes turning up in this outfit, you will be turned away. Sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Seems he's given it up exactly like bored@

I race bikes now. Sold all my tri gear. I'm retired. Facebook memories have me racing Ironman this weekend for the last 6 years. 

Today I watched tv, did a couple of rides and enjoyed the day. I don't miss Ironman at all.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Training is overrated

Ill be racing on muscle memory with alzheimer's

If you missed just 3 swim squads you have saved about 5 hours.

But you won't go 5 hours faster in the race by going to swim squad.

So I'm with you. Go a few hours slower on race day, but think of all those mornings you can sleep in whilst others a staring at a black line in a pool. 

Training is so overrated and a bad use of your time.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, willie said:

Thinking of, I found a box with two pairs for the Big K I forgot to send. Hat is in there as well. 

Nah, just wing it. Although throw a leg over to make sure the gears work 

Any spare.. my current pair are almost transparent..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Nath. said:

4 weeks out so likely to be the last big weekend (unless you’re Cam Wurf), hows everyone going.

I’d forgotten how tiring bloody IM preps are and looking forward to backing off. 

yeah knackered! 207km ride today and 2 x 21km run tomorrow...

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...