8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

The point of my comments was that the ABC story said it was widespread across the industry including racing etc. and made the assumption it was Australia wide. It wasn’t and therefore they are incorrect. They should be more specific about there claims rather than generalise and tarnish everyone.

Like I said.... they did the same with the greyhound industry.

I reckon 4000 horses per year being slaughtered is pretty widespread.

• Like 2
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeh just a few flippant statements, no harm done. Just unlucky to loose almost a dozen court cases for slander, and be on the wrong end of hundreds of thousands in damages and fines, almost loose his

Yes, you couldn't have described Jones more accurately.

Bolt will fill your void.

11 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

The point of my comments was that the ABC story said it was widespread across the industry including racing etc. and made the assumption it was Australia wide. It wasn’t and therefore they are incorrect. They should be more specific about there claims rather than generalise and tarnish everyone.

Yes, you are right, according to the latest there is only one bad egg that is ruining it for everyone - Racing NSW!!!   

Surely wrongdoings by the governing body of racing in Australia's most populous state does not make it widespread.....

18 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I asked a friend who's worked in the industry for over 30 years as a trainer, strapper, and owner. He told me it certainly is widespread across Australia.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

The quotes are an accurate record of what he said.

You agree with what he said and support it?

Given that the majority of these quotes are figure of speech I would say yes.

People get too caught up in the political correctness and forget about the context and delivery.

reminds me of yesterdays cartoon from Leunig, which depicted a woman pushing a pram and looking at her phone.....whilst the baby is laying on the ground 2 metres back. Outrage from all the millennials. Perhaps the truth hurts sometimes.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes, you are right, according to the latest there is only one bad egg that is ruining it for everyone - Racing NSW!!!   

Surely wrongdoings by the governing body of racing in Australia's most populous state does not make it widespread.....

Fair enough.... you might be right there.Royal commission..... looks like the price of dog food is about to go up.

And does anyone have a plan for all these excess horses that are going to be running around.

20 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

People get too caught up in the political correctness and forget about the context and delivery.

reminds me of yesterdays cartoon from Leunig, which depicted a woman pushing a pram and looking at her phone.....whilst the baby is laying on the ground 2 metres back. Outrage from all the millennials. Perhaps the truth hurts sometimes.

ah the old it was just a figure of speech or a joke to excuse appalling behaviour and then blame the victim or target 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Exactly.

That list came about after Sky News did exactly what you said there, in getting caught up in crap. They ran a story titled "Jacinda Adhern launched personal attack on Alan Jones". The story ran 2 days ago, and the personal attack was a single quote in which she called him "a git", seven years ago, the day after he said Julia Gillard's father died of shame.

Me thinks Jones and Sky got a little caught up looking for a fight.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Why was AJ was so popular/powerful in NSW?  Was it the rugby thing or did he have some other appeal?

Most Victorians really do not like him - along with pretty much all the radio shock jocks - we just don't get it... 

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Why was AJ was so popular/powerful in NSW?  

He was popular, as confirmed by his ratings

But his power was overstated by failed politicians who couldn't accept that the reason they were unpopular was because of their garbage policies 

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Why was AJ was so popular/powerful in NSW?  

Some people dont like going to all the effort of thinking for themselves. 

They also then like to join a group of like minded people in their echo chamber. 

28 minutes ago, roxii said:

Some people dont like going to all the effort of thinking for themselves. 

They also then like to join a group of like minded people in their echo chamber. 

Yeah, the ABC is good for that

Not sure what it has to do with Jones though 😋

2 hours ago, fiftyplus said:

No way, I refuse to watch anything or anyone on that station.

Obviously some people do.

Not many.  

Foxtel prices compared with other streaming services are just too expensive. 

Netflix prices start at $9.99 a month. 

There are now 12 million Australians that have access to Netflix, which is more than double the 5 million who have access to Foxtel.

Netflix has been in Australia five years, Foxtel 25 years.

Given Australia population is 30 million. 1/6th of Australian watch Fox with many businesses . 

53 minutes ago, Kim jong-un said:

Not many.  

Foxtel prices compared with other streaming services are just too expensive. 

Netflix prices start at $9.99 a month. 

There are now 12 million Australians that have access to Netflix, which is more than double the 5 million who have access to Foxtel.

Netflix has been in Australia five years, Foxtel 25 years.

Given Australia population is 30 million. 1/6th of Australian watch Fox with many businesses . 

As soon as we had the internet speed to support it we got Netflix.  Have never even thought about Foxtel, especially now Kayo is an option. 

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah, the ABC is good for that

Not sure what it has to do with Jones though 😋

Any idea IJ doesn’t agree with belongs to inner-city elitists, who don’t even know the price of the lattes they’re sipping because they paid for them using government-subsidised arts grants!**  :)

** borrowed heavily from The Chaser’s Guide to Political Commentators

Edited by PeterW
7 hours ago, PeterW said:

Why was AJ was so popular/powerful in NSW?  Was it the rugby thing or did he have some other appeal?

Most Victorians really do not like him - along with pretty much all the radio shock jocks - we just don't get it... 

One explanation in the SMH...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-day-an-enraged-alan-jones-gave-me-a-first-hand-insight-into-his-power-20200512-p54s5t.html

26 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Congratulations to Alan Jones.

This is by far the best thing he's done since coaching Australia to a Bledisloe Cup win.

Pissing off Jacqueline Maley?

Doesn't seem like a very difficult task to me...

I suspect once he has gone, people will be wanting him back. Noone else out there like him who really asks the hard questions, makes people accountable and sticks up for those that need sticking up for.

I can't see anyone even closely filling the void. Ben Fordham....pffff. He is pretty much a salesman.

For all the bad things he has supposedly said re: Julia Gillard, NZ PM etc.... his words were flippant, but the do-gooders got all upset.

9 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I suspect once he has gone, people will be wanting him back. Noone else out there like him who really asks the hard questions, makes people accountable and sticks up for those that need sticking up for.

I can't see anyone even closely filling the void. Ben Fordham....pffff. He is pretty much a salesman.

For all the bad things he has supposedly said re: Julia Gillard, NZ PM etc.... his words were flippant, but the do-gooders got all upset.

We need him on that wall.

think we will be fine.

also things he supposedly said? What happened to facts?

21 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Cronulla riots? The opera house chief?

• Like 1
On 13/05/2020 at 6:35 PM, CootaGC said:

his words were flippant, but the do-gooders got all upset.

I suppose the Wagner brothers would agree to disagree with you there.

But then so would the judge that awarded them $3.4M.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Nothing he said has ever been false ;)

His comments were flippant. Were the comments leading up to the Cronulla riots and what he said and how he said them to the opera house chief flippant?

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I suppose the Wagner brothers would agree to disagree with you there.

But then so would the judge that awarded them $3.4M.

Not sure how this system works but the quote u have replied to definitely isn’t mine.

6 hours ago, CootaGC said:

His comments were flippant. Were the comments leading up to the Cronulla riots and what he said and how he said them to the opera house chief flippant?

You mean this pearler: 

Come to Cronulla this weekend to take revenge… get down to North Cronulla to support the Leb and wog bashing day.”

Surely Alan can't be at fault for sarcasm being interpreted incorrectly. Besides.... do you really think all those rioters listen to 2GB. I think the mass media were more to blame. I didn't see Alan out there amognst it with his TV camera. But you can bet ABC, 7, 9 and TEN were all there manipulating the viewer public.

IF AJ told you to put your head in the fire would you!!! I am guessing not because you are a normal human being that can make proper assessments in the 'heat of the moment'.

Edited by IronmanFoz
  • Like 1

Yeh just a few flippant statements, no harm done. Just unlucky to loose almost a dozen court cases for slander, and be on the wrong end of hundreds of thousands in damages and fines, almost loose his radio station’s license, plus cause 2 court cases to be abandoned and restarted because of his comments. And for weeks falsely accusing the Wagner brothers of causing the deaths of 9 innocent people, surely just a harmless flippant statement that did no harm. And really, who hasn’t accidentally sent a love letter to a 14 year old boy. With AJ retired, who’s going to tell me while I’m driving to work how harmless the Covid19 virus is and what a great job Trump is doing to contain it. I miss him already 😢

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 8
19 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Yeh just a few flippant statements, no harm done. Just unlucky to loose almost a dozen court cases for slander, and be on the wrong end of hundreds of thousands in damages and fines, almost loose his radio station’s license, plus cause 2 court cases to be abandoned and restarted because of his comments. And for weeks falsely accusing the Wagner brothers of causing the deaths of 9 innocent people, surely just a harmless flippant statement that did no harm. And really, who hasn’t accidentally sent a love letter to a 14 year old boy. With AJ retired, who’s going to tell me while I’m driving to work how harmless the Covid19 virus is and what a great job Trump is doing to contain it. I miss him already 😢

See....you have nailed it right there. Sounds like you love Alan more than most. Well done.