Fantasy Tour de France

Argh. The tour just knows how to destroy hope. 

What a load of crap the crosswind split was today. How the heck do Fugelsung, Porte, Pinot all get spat out the back. What were they even doing out the back! By all accounts everyone knew what was going to happen, and yet it worked. And I know the pressure was put on but if someone who can't TT to save their life (Bardet) can be in the front group there is no excuse for Fugelsung, Porte and Pinot. 

May as well just give Ineos/Sky the tour again. So lame. 

</end rant>

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jens making a comeback??    

Enough of all of this meaningless talk about the race. Lets talk about who is winning the Fantasy League! Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me

Trannie Ninjaman was planning on riding up to the finish of today's stage with another guy from work today. After riding the Alps in sweltering conditions for the past week, he's currently stopped for

Posted Images

It's not really 'another' mountain biker. It's the same dude. It's becoming his thing to do every year.

Also, great result last night. Thought that he'd cooked it but showed some decent tenacity to stick it out. Especially after being brought to a stop with 10km to go.

Great comeback just to get into the mix, and then even better to reverse the result from a couple nights ago and win by a couple cm.

They also had Wurf on Commentary last night. He did quite a good job. Maybe a future in the media side of things after he finishes racing, taking over from GW.

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Great comeback just to get into the mix, and then even better to reverse the result from a couple nights ago and win by a couple cm.

They also had Wurf on Commentary last night. He did quite a good job. Maybe a future in the media side of things after he finishes racing, taking over from GW.

Indeed, great effort by Ewan. He didn't have many opportunities left, so didn't give up but also didn't panic. 

Also another new stage winner! Usually a few doubles or triples by now, certainly keeps everyone guessing!

It's been a pretty good tour so far (for the flatter stages), with some surprise winners, couple of decent breaks staying away for the win and mixed bag of sprint winners - and a crosswind mayhem stage, always fun watching! Hopefully the hills will be interesting too, I wonder if the time losses for 3/4 of the 'contenders' may actually lead to a more interesting second half than the Sky-controlled ones of recent years, hope so!

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I wonder if the time losses for 3/4 of the 'contenders' may actually lead to a more interesting second half

No. It will not.

Because the teams who have riders in spots 4-10 or so will do the dirty work when the top 3 don't want to.

Unconfirmed reports are saying he has issues with his TT bike and has been arguing with the team about that. Team director says he doesn't know why he pulled out, but it wasn't physical or mechanical reasons.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

My first thought was if Dennis may experience some black dog 

Reports are starting to surface that this may be it. His statement below seems to look that way too.

In a statement released late on Thursday (July 18), the 29-year-old said: “I am very disappointed to leave the race at this point. Obviously the individual time trial tomorrow had been a big goal for me and the team, but given my current feeling it was the right decision to withdraw earlier today.

“I wish my team-mates the very best for the remainder of the race and would like to thank all the Tour de France fans who cheered for me, at home and on the roadside, since Brussels.

“I will hopefully be back competing in this great race again over the coming seasons.”

Read more at https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/rohan-dennis-says-right-decision-withdraw-tour-de-france-doesnt-give-explanation-431796#phO2HrDPHoKgFPUH.99

Whichever way you look at it, at the end of the day, it's still just a game and your health, physical or mental, should always come first.

If he is struggling with mental health problems, I hope he talks about it with the team and whoever he needs to to get the help and support that he needs. 

What a great race for the first high mountain stage of this year's tour.

Ineos must be worried.

All the Aussie hopes are dashed (both Aussie teams & individuals)

The French must be ecstatic

My Fantasy Tour hopes are dashed.

Some great drugs in use this year  

3 hours ago, AP said:

I told you all it would all blow over - Lance is happily retired - still a millionaire - the Tour is still tainted and always will be - but it's good to watch 😎

1 hour ago, Nick777 said:

in 5-10 years. 

Then many will say 'I can't believe we got duped again'.

Repeat cycle.

Yep.  Mind you I heard a stat today he has never finished a stage higher than 46th in the real big climbs.  Until last night. 

Can he keep doing it? If yes, he is most like another drug cheat

when people come from nowhere and win, its just Too suss. 

Edited by Peter

I group of my mates have been running a private fantasy tour with a full draft and pretty cool scoring system for a few years. The main guy behind it is looking to take to broader now, he is just setting things up at www.superleaguecycling.com its still being developed fully but hopefully can be rolled out to others next year. Having the draft makes its very fun as non of us have the same riders and draft night is super fun and important.

Edited by Gilliga
10 hours ago, Merv said:

Ewan for another srage win.

Well picked.

He really showed last night that he is one of the fastest sprinters in the world at the moment. Going past Viviani like that to win by a bike length was very impressive.

With 6 podium finishes, 2 on the top, and a day in the white jersey, he's certainly had an incredible debut tour. I think if he can continue this form next year Lotto Soudal should be looking at supporting him for a Green Jersey tilt. I'll be up very early & supporting him for a big win Monday morning in Paris.

Enough of all of this meaningless talk about the race. Lets talk about who is winning the Fantasy League! Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.

You guys don't want it enough. You need to get up at 3am and do hill repeats in the rain to beat me!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

Enough of all of this meaningless talk about the race. Lets talk about who is winning the Fantasy League! Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.

You guys don't want it enough. You need to get up at 3am and do hill repeats in the rain to beat me!

But this is a Fantasy Grand Tour. What's your total score for the 2 races so far? :)

9 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I had both Rowe and Martin in my team.

I will need to do 2 transfers.

As did I. Absolutely frothing for the next few days. I feel like a lot of cards are being played close to chests, but I feel like JA may be the first to throw down a dud hand.

7 hours ago, BNothling said:

Hell of a stage. Absolute masterclass on descending by JA and brilliant ride by Nairo. Game on!

Exactly.

I'm going to be walking around like a zombie tomorrow & Sunday. JA has to limit his losses, and with 2 riders from Ineos in 2nd & 3rd, he's going to have to chase every attack.