Iron-Fran: 7 IM in 7 Days

Francis Benali, former Southampton player has pulled out after the 4th of a planned 7 Ironmans in 7 days. His medical team pulled him after the 4th run saying he needed the break. He is hoping to be able to resume after a day or 2 break. He has so far raised 800,000 pound for Cancer Research UK. Seems he is a bit more successful in the charity stakes than a certain US cross-fitter.

So Fatpom, being a big name in sport over there (389 games and a former Southampton captain), has he done much in the Tri scene before?

• Thanks 1

I’ve never heard of him but don’t follow football any more. Southampton is only about 15miles from where I live ( it’s a complete shithole).

im not as connected to the local scene here, I know a few people but mostly online. Having said that, i don’t recall ever hearing him mentioned on the forums. I used to work in Southampton and there were many Saints fans there but nobody ever mentioned him to me.

On ‎4‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 7:41 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Francis Benali, former Southampton player has pulled out after the 4th of a planned 7 Ironmans in 7 days. His medical team pulled him after the 4th run saying he needed the break. He is hoping to be able to resume after a day or 2 break. He has so far raised 800,000 pound for Cancer Research UK. Seems he is a bit more successful in the charity stakes than a certain US cross-fitter.

So Fatpom, being a big name in sport over there (389 games and a former Southampton captain), has he done much in the Tri scene before?

I remember Benali from the 90's playing for Southampton, but I knew every premier league player in the 90's/00's. 

He also raised money by running to every premier league ground in the country. 

• Like 1