2022 World Multisport Championships - Townsville

I'm not a Teacher, but I'm not really a Mountain Biker either...  hopefully I'll still get there though!

Next year (2022) still seems a long way off to me, I'll pencil this event in and we'll see what happens.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now the bike is ready, just a bit of work left to do on the engine….  

Townsville entries are open: Clickable link to go to the RegisterNow entry portal :)  

UPDATE FOLKS: the CrossTri event at Roches Beach in TAS has now had it's date for this season confirmed as 5/2/22 (another Saturday event), shit this makes things hard for interstate people

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Slunnie said:

Why are they running Xtri and Aquathlon on Friday but no main events on Sunday? 2 days off work is a big ask.

Their signature event - the Oly Dist Tri - has traditionally been (as it is again) on the Saturday which gives people a chance to get home on the Sunday (ie last time I drove the 10 hours up on Friday morning, settled in, raced rested, drove back Sun (with a “rest break/swim at Agnus Waters on the way :)  back to Hervey Bay.  Now that they are running a festival they just add events in-front of that (seems to be what most events that grow into festivals do).  Just so happens that X-Tri is probably most people’s reason fro going this year (last time it was because the OD was a qualifier for the Gold Coast Worlds).  

I’ve booked three days long service (only way I can get three days off) - I will rest and pack wed morning, then drive to Bris wed afternoon and fly up wed evening. Reverse on Saturday - at least I get Sunday back home with the family :) .

The rest of the ev ents will make me persona non grata around home  even the Sunny coast event (on a Saturday)  is the week before Noosa (so away for two weekends in a row is going to go down well). And sunny coast is an expensive event (at least I don’t pay for Noosa (apart from $30 at the backpackers))

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

TQ Duathlon in Toowoomba. Saturday 24 July, midday start.

ttps://www.triathlon.org.au/State_Associations/QLD/qld/TRI_Extras/News/Toowoomba_Wellcamp_Airport_lands_QLD_Duathlon_Championships.htm

While it would be a nice change in temperature compared to the 3 degrees mornings in Springfield in the previous years, I think my body clock may be in for a shock starting a race at lunch time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, k3vski said:

TQ Duathlon in Toowoomba. Saturday 24 July, midday start.

ttps://www.triathlon.org.au/State_Associations/QLD/qld/TRI_Extras/News/Toowoomba_Wellcamp_Airport_lands_QLD_Duathlon_Championships.htm

While it would be a nice change in temperature compared to the 3 degrees mornings in Springfield in the previous years, I think my body clock may be in for a shock starting a race at lunch time.

I miss that Springfield race. It was actually a really good hitout on a tough course. I'll do the new one in just the sprint distance but it'll be interesting racing in the heat of a Toowoomba winter.

3 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

2021 HB100 sold out.🥰

I was waiting for it to open?

(Now in the waitlist - Anyone got a easy way to get me a confirmed entry? - this is what I get for running to work this morning)

Edited by Cape_Horn