Zwift Run

Garmin footpods can be had cheap second hand. Not as many use them these days. Garmin footpods are good, and since Zwift running is pretty useless it doesn't really need to be accurate. But better than staying at a brick wall. 

I have a Bluetooth treadmill but sadly Zwift can't control incline or pace. That would be cool. 

6 hours ago, Slunnie said:

Can the Garmin 935 act as a foot pod? It has the capacity to estimate speeds etc on the treaty, Im not sure if it will send that as live data though.

Interesting. The first treadmill run I did with it it asked me to calibrate the distance I had run at the end

8 hours ago, dazaau said:

Garmin footpods can be had cheap second hand. Not as many use them these days. Garmin footpods are good, and since Zwift running is pretty useless it doesn't really need to be accurate. But better than staying at a brick wall. 

I have a Bluetooth treadmill but sadly Zwift can't control incline or pace. That would be cool. 

The Zwift website has the Garmin one as Ant+, and you will ned a bridge or adapter. True?

1 hour ago, Turts said:

The Zwift website has the Garmin one as Ant+, and you will ned a bridge or adapter. True?

Yes. I use an Apple TV for Zwift so everything has to be bluetooth. I've just bough a Wahoo Tickr HRM as well so that connects up pretty well.

11 hours ago, more said:

I couldn't think of anything worse than Zwift running 

nah it's a lot better than it sounds. Piss boring if you just jump on and start running, but doing the workouts and programs are good. Races would be great, but there's too many calibration issues with foot pods for it to be legit.

4 hours ago, Turts said:

Oh, you are using a tablet or phone. I use a laptop with ant+ sick so I assumed ant+ ok. So no to the Garmin! 

Edited by dazaau
1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Oh, you are using a tablet or phone. I use a laptop with ant+ sick so I assumed ant+ ok. So no to the Garmin! 

Nah it's on a laptop, so should be good? 

2 hours ago, Turts said:

Is there  better platform for virtual running then? 

Not being a smart arse but just get on and do your session moving the speed and incline.  
Why is watching a TV screen with a little man running matter given you just get overtaken by bike riders non stop

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not being a smart arse but just get on and do your session moving the speed and incline.  
Why is watching a TV screen with a little man running matter given you just get overtaken by bike riders non stop

Totally get ur point. 

But that's the same difference on the bike, between doing  workout in zwift or just doing the same sets looking at a line on trainerroad. 

There's also the interactivity on zwift with an compatible trainer, but not with a dumb one. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Yeah I have an iFit enabled/compatible treadmill and IMO that's better at the moment. Google maps routes, workout challenges etc. 

It actually controls the treadmill too. 

15450995649086208197376734663243.jpg

That'd be nice, but I'm not in the market for a new treadmill.

Just looking to make my treadmill time more interesting.  Since I'm paying for Zwift for the bike, thought a foot pod to tie into zwift might be a start.

10 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

https://www.theathletesfoot.com.au/myfit-pod.html

I use this too with my iPad. Generally only use it when I’m travelling for work with the treadmill  in the hotel gym. 

I've been looking at these since zed mentioned it above.

Are they BLE? not Ant+?

I have looked, but can't find the answer.

3 minutes ago, Turts said:

Are they BLE? not Ant+?

The MyFitPod/Milestone/ZwiftPod is Bluetooth only. They're good once calibrated to the speed you run at. The ZwiftPod has a three-point calibration process/something. It's meant to be better now... but... I think Stryd has the tech sorted best for pods. Although it's still not killer accurate... and running with power doesn't appear to be slicing bread as Stryd would have hoped. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Turts said:

Are they BLE? not Ant+?

Milestone  have been bought out by zwift now. 

21 hours ago, gplama said:

The MyFitPod/Milestone/ZwiftPod is Bluetooth only. They're good once calibrated to the speed you run at. The ZwiftPod has a three-point calibration process/something. It's meant to be better now... but... I think Stryd has the tech sorted best for pods. Although it's still not killer accurate... and running with power doesn't appear to be slicing bread as Stryd would have hoped. 

Can it be sync'd with a bluetooth watch, instead of a phone app? (specifically, 935?)

1 hour ago, Cape_Horn said:

Can it be sync'd with a bluetooth watch, instead of a phone app? (specifically, 935?)

The Milestone/zPod/thingy? I guess so. I wouldn't bother for distance/pacing, the 935 seems to do a good job itself. ZwiftRun needs a pedometer to know pace while on a treadmill - I don't see much use for them outside or linked to a watch (or phone). Then again, I'm only a cyclist. :)

Did my first zwift run today in the new tready, using the athletes foot pod. It was pretty accurate straight out of the box. Really zwift is just on in the background, there’s not much to do with it like cycling (without an interactive treadmill), but I thought it was the best way to collect all the pace/distance/heart rate data in one place. 

• Like 1