Noosa Tri 2018

Who's in?

Athlete list is out but it's in alphabetical order, not age groups. http://AP - "ironman legend".ironman.com/~/media/3b8c69afcf144b5dbdd93110b9811a07/2018 athlete list check 20sep18.pdf

F 40-44 has 223 enterants. Ouch!

Not sure how many entered last year, but there was 199 finishers and 3 DNFs.

2018 athlete list check 20sep18.pdf

Doing the Family Team thing (swim) with my wife (bike) & her sister (run).

Pondering the usefulness of Slime in the Mrs tyres for the day, as she can't be fragged learning how to change a flat :rolleyes:  Have heard it has a tendency to block the valve? I used to run the Doc Blue in my tubbies & it was good stuff, but you can't buy it anymore.

35 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Did it last year and really enjoyed the whole race. Loved the bike course. I'll be missing out this year. Mr BogFrog sags no. We'll both likely do it in 2019 though

I did see you were a winner last year :clapping:

Scratch that, you can get Doc Blue again from ChainReaction Cycles.  Ordered two bottles for my wifes tubes.  Fingers crossed :P

Are those big yellow bollards still on the bike course at the start of the climb?  Geez they'd have caused a bit of grief in the past wouldn't they.  Have to warn the Mrs to look out for them.

10 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Scratch that, you can get Doc Blue again from ChainReaction Cycles.  Ordered two bottles for my wifes tubes.  Fingers crossed :P

Are those big yellow bollards still on the bike course at the start of the climb?  Geez they'd have caused a bit of grief in the past wouldn't they.  Have to warn the Mrs to look out for them.

They take them down for race day don't they? I can't remember. But, they're not hard to miss.

Back for #34 :)

trying to keep the total budget under $100 for the weekend 🤔 

Currently, in legends wave > might try for a swap to open masters

(earlier start and less congestion - don't care about the prize $ (not likely to see it anyway))

Vollie at the superkids race on Sat Am

• Like 3