What training did you do today...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

Bailed on a wind trainer session this morning.  Went to breaky with the family before home and spent a few hours watching a movie and sleeping on the couch.

Out on the trails this arvo for a 20k run.  

Dont think I am ready to back up off a 180k ride just yet.  Live and learn.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Bailed on a wind trainer session this morning.  Went to breaky with the family before home and spent a few hours watching a movie and sleeping on the couch.

Out on the trails this arvo for a 20k run.  

Dont think I am ready to back up off a 180k ride just yet.  Live and learn.

Sleep. Your yesterday was big. Sleep matters .

• Like 1

Went to church with the family, which was an endurance in itself!

With some encouragement from Mrs FP, I bought a little present for myself at our local craft market. The guy does loads of sporting themes and will be at Weymouth 70.3 next week.

image1-4.jpeg

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Slept through the alarm this morning, first time in 8 weeks.  Feeling much better for it, I was a zombie at the pool last night.  Back into it this arvo.

Shows you needed it!I was beating myself up last week because I was not feeling it. Turns out I needed a quieter week and now feel on top of the bloody world!

• Like 2

1km swim this morning. Real slow. First swim in over 5 weeks since my shoulder played up. No good. Pain started shooting down my arm by about the 500m mark so I turned around.

Work has been unbearable & tearing my home life apart. I can't do ANY exercise. Depression is setting in.

I think it's time to go for that cortisone shot.

• Sad 3
12 minutes ago, xblane said:

@RunBrettRun I can't remember if you were currently without a coach or with a coach, but how do you schedule recovery weeks?

currently without.  I have them scheduled after certain blocks.  That isn't a set period ie 4 weeks but more build to a certain event/level of training then back off and build again.

• Like 1

Had a little misshap this morning, I got up to go to the bathroom and started feeling sick, light headed and started sweating. After stumbling into a few walls I fell into the bed awkwardly, on my head. Scared my wife half to death and my neck is giving me some grief now.

Did an easy 10 x 100m in the pool at lunch which was ok, but the neck is sorer this evening. GP Monday morning.

• Sad 1
16 minutes ago, xblane said:

Had a little misshap this morning, I got up to go to the bathroom and started feeling sick, light headed and started sweating. After stumbling into a few walls I fell into the bed awkwardly, on my head. Scared my wife half to death and my neck is giving me some grief now.

Did an easy 10 x 100m in the pool at lunch which was ok, but the neck is sorer this evening. GP Monday morning.

Yeah be careful with head knocks. Trust me on this 

9 minutes ago, monkie said:

Tomorrow's plan:

Gladiator
Taken
Forrest Gump

That should get me my six hours. I am not looking forward to it but needs must!

I couldn't do 6.  Well I could but rather than put myself through it I did 3 today to build the fatigue with some good strength work.  Nothing more than ironman paced efforts tomorrow for me.

This is what I have come up with.

Screenshot_20180921-212715_TrainingPeaks.jpg

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

I couldn't do 6.  Well I could but rather than put myself through it I did 3 today to build the fatigue with some good strength work.  Nothing more than ironman paced efforts tomorrow for me.

This is what I have come up with.

Screenshot_20180921-212715_TrainingPeaks.jpg

I'm only doing 6 once in the last block. I did it for NZ and was very grateful mainly for the confidence but it's part of the TR High Volume plan. If I can do 6 hours on the turbo between 160 and 190W (65 - 75 FTP) then a 180km road doesn't seem scary at all :)

What's your IM power as % FTP?

1 minute ago, monkie said:

What's your IM power as % FTP?

I don't measure ftp to be honest and even if I did it wouldn't be accurate compared to others.  I've done so much lower end work over the years and never worked on the top end stuff for any great period of time.  While the low end power gets easier I have never had any top end sprint to go with guys who I am able to beat in Ironman, but they do a lot of higher end work.

I could guess that my ftp with be in the range of 270 +-20 and my IM pace work is in the 210 to 220 range.  A month ago I was working in the 200 to 210 range so that effort has improved and today I was msging my gf while in the middle of an IM paced effort and thought I was in a recovery the pace was feeling that easy so might be time to bump it a little again.

• Like 2