What training did you do today...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, willie said:

back in the day someone would've said cup of concrete and HTFU.... But you just get used to it eventually. 

I did a night run last night AND, AND I got up early and had a swim this morning at Manly, only once to shelley and back, my arms were dead. I am now at work trying to keep my eyes open. coaching and running a 630pm then it's home to build a bike so I can ride tomorrow (yep, no shit, building a bike :) ) should only be about 90mins if nothing goes wrong... So 4hrs and no sleep till 1am probably :P:lol:

You'll be lucky if you make the start line in Busso with that routine 🙄

2 hours ago, willie said:

back in the day someone would've said cup of concrete and HTFU.... But you just get used to it eventually

The concrete gets me past 90min. But my arse still hurts. 

45 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I’ve found it easier since I broke my back because now my brain is disconnected from my ass:lol:

Also to add I have literally no arse... like physios laugh at my lack of glutes...!

I do think I have a saddle sore though... made worse by flying on a budget airline today!

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, monkie said:

Also to add I have literally no arse... like physios laugh at my lack of glutes...!

I do think I have a saddle sore though... made worse by flying on a budget airline today!

Aren't you the boss?  Upgrade yourself 👍

60min wind trainer last night after installing a new TV at home.  Was hard to get on the bike knowing we had a new toy upstairs.

18km run this morning 8x1k @ 70.3 "effort" with 45sec walk recovery.  Solid run and now heading into a big 3 days of aerobic work so I'm happy for it to be the last of any intensity till my monday morning swim!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

60min wind trainer last night after installing a new TV at home.  Was hard to get on the bike knowing we had a new toy upstairs.

Is the TV better than my 12 yr old 42" plasma thats about as thick as 2 telephone books.

32 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

18km run this morning 8x1k @ 70.3 "effort" with 45sec walk recovery.  Solid run and now heading into a big 3 days of aerobic work so I'm happy for it to be the last of any intensity till my monday morning swim!

shouldn't the new toy have been downstairs i the cave..?🤔

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, FatPom said:

Aren't you the boss?  Upgrade yourself 👍

Oh I usually do (especially when the client is paying) but alas timings made it unavoidable. To be fair it was only an hour's flight so I really need to quite whingeing about my very first world problems...

4 hours ago, KieranR said:

Is the TV better than my 12 yr old 42" plasma thats about as thick as 2 telephone books.

Ummm, yeah...

4 hours ago, pieman said:

shouldn't the new toy have been downstairs i the cave..?🤔

Probably but see Willie's comment below.

3 hours ago, willie said:

He’s scared of the boss. No way he’d put it down there :P 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

I just did a lap of the TAN at lunch.  First time in about 18 months.  I forgot how good the scenery is on a sunny day. 

Probably the same reason I did most of my non-forest running along the riverwalk in the city at lunch-time. Absolutely stunning views.

14km run this morning and a 3.6km swim this afternoon. 

OK update time. I have promised my sponsor that I would do these. 

I did originally suggest to my major sponsor that I would do a video and post that. But I have had a few goes at it and......nup. 

Firstly I want to make it clear that what I am doing is NOT exactly what has been given to me. Matt has been patient with me and I am very happy with the program. But the process and results are NOT a reflection of the quality of his coaching. The program he has given me is soooooo awesome, I'd be great to be able to commit to it and do EXACTLY what is in it. 

Swimming is great. Had a left shoulder niggle which has subsided. Confidence in my ability to get tired and maintain form is the most noticeable thing. Also "cruising" pace is up a lot! Big test will be Wettie in the open water. Anyone can be fast and strong in a ****ing pool. 

Bike is ok. Hip flexors are tight as is my left VMO. The VMO is making my left knee ache a tiny bit. Lots of foam rolling and tiger balm 👍

I'm actually unsatisfied with my ability on the bike and I am worried about it. Yes yes I do long Zwift rides but....yeah whatever. 

Run. 

I am REALLY shocked at how much I have been doing without issues from my ankle. My calf was tight because I have zero confidence in the strength of it but I foam rolled the shit out of it. Need to do the runs slower. But sometimes I feel so ****ing good and strong....yeah like I said earlier, I'm not good at keeping my emotions under wraps and holding the effort I should. Speaking of emotions.... I have had a few long runs where I have been jogging along crying, but happy tears, because I start thinking about what a great opportunity this is and how kind people are and how supportive. Then I get to visualising the finish line and seeing Mooj....fark... LOL pretty emotional stuff. Crazy reaction but I allow myself to feel it and then I put the "race face" back on and finish the session. 

Nutrition - oh ****. I don't even want to think about it. 

I won't go into the life stuff. Wrong thread. But yesterday I had a small meltdown. Bad food and exhausted. All good. Business as usual today. I told a mate it was a "hide under the doona" day. Yeah definitely not going to Kona. And I am pretty sure that I will be a "one and done" guy. I love the training as a recreational pursuit. But putting solid aerobic 14-15hr weeks back to back is ****ing insane. Part of me loves it, but I am too tired to enjoy it. 

I'm going to drift into the background a bit on here. I'm on Strava if you want to see what I am doing... LOL 

Sorry to my major sponsors about that too. 

Cheers all. Catch ya round 

Screenshot_20180913-181101_TrainingPeaks.jpg

Anyone can make a chart look pretty 😉😏

I have my own hole in mine, but I choose to focus on the positive aspects of the program. I'm currently "as fit" as I was prior to my injuries in February. 

3 hours ago, AP said:

Seriously guys - what is your goal - to gain maximum health and fitness - or to produce the prettiest graphs 🙄

with all these mornings off you have been having AP I reckon your graph might look a bit ordinary at the moment.

5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

with all these mornings off you have been having AP I reckon your graph might look a bit ordinary at the moment.

The only graph that matters is the one they print on race day - the goal is to arrive healthy and uninjured 

27 minutes ago, AP said:

The only graph that matters is the one they print on race day - the goal is to arrive healthy and uninjured 

Ironically that’s what the graph tells you. 

Form of -30and you will pretty much get sick. 

1 hour ago, AP said:

YOU CAN GET A GRAPH ON RACE DAY? Why did nobody tell me this? That would have been the cherry on top! 

Tough day, tough week of training, mojo is inconsistent and I suspect I might be a bit under the weather. Popped in the pool and did 1700m (was meant to be 3300m) and then 90 mins at 80 - 85% FTP (was meant to be 120 mins).

Easy swim tomorrow and then Sydney Half on Sunday which should blow the cobwebs out.

Edited by monkie
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Peter said:

Ironically that’s what the graph tells you. 

Form of -30and you will pretty much get sick. 

When I get to - 21 my health suffers in general. I can hover around it for a while but not too long. Regardless of the number, my mood and health correlate directly to that figure. If I didn't have kids or a job I could go deeper. But time and time again, when I fall in a hole that number or greater is in TP. 

17 hours ago, monkie said:

YOU CAN GET A GRAPH ON RACE DAY? Why did nobody tell me this? That would have been the cherry on top! 

Tough day, tough week of training, mojo is inconsistent and I suspect I might be a bit under the weather. Popped in the pool and did 1700m (was meant to be 3300m) and then 90 mins at 80 - 85% FTP (was meant to be 120 mins).

Easy swim tomorrow and then Sydney Half on Sunday which should blow the cobwebs out.

I read that as 'pooped in the pool' 😢

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

. Popped in the pool and did 1700m (was meant to be 3300m)

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I read that as 'pooped in the pool'

Maybe the poo floating around in the pool obscured visibility so much that 3.3K was just impossible.

:D

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

Done.. working towards the end of my best week in a few years and the best 7 week stretch I've put together in the same time.  Couple more big weeks then an easier week due.

Screenshot_20180915-172037_Connect.jpg

Yay 

Awesome stuff 👍

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Done.. working towards the end of my best week in a few years and the best 7 week stretch I've put together in the same time.  Couple more big weeks then an easier week due.

Bet your graph looks pretty..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Walked parkrun then a nap, then ate a bag of chips and half a block of chocolate for lunch. About to watch Women's NRL.

Day 23 of a 4 week Efudix treatment and a walk, nap, and comfort food is all I can manage. This is hell.  

My partner has just gone through this, not nice. Hang in there x

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Christ. Putting the rest of us to shame.

Edited by monkie