What training did you do today...

It's ok everyone, I was having a joke with the distance thing. You can finish your training session on whatever time or distance you like. I'll remember to put a smiley face next time to indicate my sarcasm.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, AA7 said:

It's ok everyone, I was having a joke with the distance thing. You can finish your training session on whatever time or distance you like. I'll remember to put a smiley face next time to indicate my sarcasm.

It wont happen in daylight savings cause Ill have an extra hour to complete my sessions.

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, AA7 said:

My son (if he did any training) would be a nightmare. Can't have anything with a 5 or a 3 in it. Would have to touch the end 4 times. God knows what other issues we'd have.

Maybe it's better he doesn't start.

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

That's just wrong, you'd have to walk to the other end of the pool for your things - unless you're in one of 'those' pools 😁

I swam out to the 25m mark and back while waiting for some of the others in the squad to finish what they were doing before we started a 500m tt, which by the way, really sucks.

Hour on the WT at Cams Cycle Coaching. Set was 10 mins cadence focus on the inner ring, 10 mins strength on the big ring. Not permitted to move the back gearing.  Surprisingly tough - I find it really difficult to maintain speed and form spinning a low gear at over 30kph. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AA7 said:

Doesn't that upset your triathlete OCD? How can you stop at 57min?

Welcome to my life! I cant stop running at anything other than 5,10, 15 or 20 k's. Swimming needs to be in hundreds also-an open 50 would do my head in..but for riding I ride to hours..strange...

12 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Hour on the WT at Cams Cycle Coaching. Set was 10 mins cadence focus on the inner ring, 10 mins strength on the big ring. Not permitted to move the back gearing.  Surprisingly tough - I find it really difficult to maintain speed and form spinning a low gear at over 30kph. 

Same set as yesterday. Although I had something different from everyone else.

4 hours ago, AA7 said:

That’s what everyone says when they’ve been rumbled:lol:

i have a mate ( yes really) that has to round things up. If we ride 67 miles, he has to make it 70 and if we run 55mins, he has to make it an hour. Weird.

I just stop whenever the workout is done or when I get back home, sometimes one dictates the other.:blush:

21 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That’s what everyone says when they’ve been rumbled:lol:

i have a mate ( yes really) that has to round things up. If we ride 67 miles, he has to make it 70 and if we run 55mins, he has to make it an hour. Weird.

I just stop whenever the workout is done or when I get back home, sometimes one dictates the other.:blush:

Why doesn't he just round it up in his head and say he did 70 miles, or an hour.

After all, that's what IM does.

11 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Why doesn't he just round it up in his head and say he did 70 miles, or an hour.

After all, that's what IM does.

He has more sense than to do IM and he says swimming is the work of the devil. :lol:

AM Easy run 28:20.  Just loop around an area I use.  30min easy spin on trainer

ARVO Gym SL Isometric Calf 3x45sec each (20kg), SLRDL 3x6-8ea (30-40kg), SLS 3x8-10ea (12kg).  SALPD 3x12ea (21.5kg), Torsonator Shoulder Press 3x8ea (25kg),  RO 3x20, HKPP 3x10ea (13.5kg), HLR 3x10 1-2-2 

Treadmill 3min build (1min @15,16,17) 1min @19kmh, then 4x1min @ 20kmh with 30secs rest.  1min jog.  

34 minutes ago, more said:

Arghhhhh my head!!!! the horror....why...why....

I normally do round up. On the run, I was finished at 12k but remembered I needed milk, so trotted down to the roadside milko. On the bike, it started to rain so I didn't make 80k.

Edited by softy
1 hour ago, KieranR said:

i use to run down the road past my place just to reach 30 mins if i was only at 29:00.  i don't do that anymore though. and i use to ride for 3hrs but now its maybe 2:57  maybe my commitment just isn't there ;) 

Good you're learning.

8:30 training session delivered. 7800 steps... "rest day"

E2A: Please provide feedback on the Decoded teachers and their teaching style for us (be honest, we don't mind!)
Best duo geeks Ive ever had the privilege of listening to. Their content are very current, their knowledge undeniably expert -level, yet uses language and cases that are relatable, interesting, and very engaging!

A good day!

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

80min wind trainer.  Pilates tonight.  

Off to coffs for a half marathon this weekend and riding bikes with some dude who thinks he is semi pro.  Heat chamber tests and whatnot.  I'll make sure I tell him what a wanker he is.

Altitude mask as well

3 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

80min wind trainer.  Pilates tonight.  

Off to coffs for a half marathon this weekend and riding bikes with some dude who thinks he is semi pro.  Heat chamber tests and whatnot.  I'll make sure I tell him what a wanker he is.

Beings called a wanker by a guy who attends “Pilates” probably wearing Lorna Jane is fine by me! 

Took Daughter to work at 3:30 am

then stopped off at the beach for a 10 k run,

then home to wash the car back to showroom shiny (that took 2.5 hours :) 

(yes its got 660 km on it now, ppl keep asking how fast it goes, answer is yeehaaa!)

• Like 1
On 05/09/2018 at 3:55 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

AM Easy run 28:20.  Just loop around an area I use.  30min easy spin on trainer

ARVO Gym SL Isometric Calf 3x45sec each (20kg), SLRDL 3x6-8ea (30-40kg), SLS 3x8-10ea (12kg).  SALPD 3x12ea (21.5kg), Torsonator Shoulder Press 3x8ea (25kg),  RO 3x20, HKPP 3x10ea (13.5kg), HLR 3x10 1-2-2 

Treadmill 3min build (1min @15,16,17) 1min @19kmh, then 4x1min @ 20kmh with 30secs rest.  1min jog.  

HLR? Half Lunge......

Got the rest.

Guest FFF1077
6 hours ago, more said:

Agreed! Can’t wait until they let you choose the course you want to ride. Richmond bores me to tears!

I've done 100km on the flat Richmond loop😳😳👍FARK 

Edited by FFF1077
Thai po
Guest FFF1077
26 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The flat courses are good for riding with faster bunches. The B rated 100 K rides and 160 ride on  the weekends are now my long bike, hang for as long as possiblle at 230 watts

That'd be probably 5min for me then I'd go back to my pace 😂😂