What training did you do today...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

I hate these work from home days. Last week, my garmin showed 3,700 steps. I just got around to looking today, and I've taken 3,360.

I really need to do something to get out of the routine of bedroom to study to kitchen to study to toilet to study. I think I've taken about 20 steps outside the house today.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I hate these work from home days. Last week, my garmin showed 3,700 steps. I just got around to looking today, and I've taken 3,360.

I really need to do something to get out of the routine of bedroom to study to kitchen to study to toilet to study. I think I've taken about 20 steps outside the house today.

Could be worse, when I WFH I do it from the bedroom. I don't count steps.:lol:

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pommodoros with a lap of the building in the break :D

5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Nothing - it's my 14th wedding anniversary today.  Im going to take her out for dinner instead

Not touching that one. I'm sure someone will though.

15 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Be consistent, run well at Busso, get back to Kona but likely 2020 due to life commitments.

With a goal like that, you and AP could be a good fit.. If you leave port mac early enough you could make it to Mt Cootha by 3am for the Wednesday hill repeats..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pieman said:

With a goal like that, you and AP could be a good fit.. If you leave port mac early enough you could make it to Mt Cootha by 3am for the Wednesday hill repeats..

doubt it, don't do hills, ride inside when its raining.  Cant afford to go to kona every year.

2 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

doubt it, don't do hills, ride inside when its raining.  Cant afford to go to kona every year.

True, Just re read your message and he wouldnt understand 'life commitments'..

3 minutes ago, willie said:

bullshit, IRONMAN IS LIFE! You sometimes fit in life commitments around Ironman. 

Unfortunately I just got into bed with ironman, so literally will be doing a lot with it in the coming years 😮 < yep, no kidding ;)

Oh, well done. I think.

8 minutes ago, willie said:

bullshit, IRONMAN IS LIFE! You sometimes fit in life commitments around Ironman. 

Unfortunately I just got into bed with ironman, so literally will be doing a lot with it in the coming years 😮 < yep, no kidding ;)

This one Willie

images (5).jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pieman said:

I will be at Mt Cootha tomorrow - if you get up at 3am you'll be finished before we get there at 5.30 am - I get up at 4.20 Wednesdays - that's early enough

1 hour ago, willie said:

Is it an Ironman bed?

3 hours ago, pieman said:

True, Just re read your message and he wouldnt understand 'life commitments'..

Oh I think he would. 

Kona IS his life commitment! 

Edited by Turts
1 hour ago, monkie said:

Yassos on a hotel treadmill... meant to do 9 but almost passed out after 7 due to the sheer amount of sweat! WHY DO HOTEL'S NOT PUT FANS IN THE GYM? Has nobody told them that air-con doesn't do it!

The hotel I was at had a good gym and small pool.

But one step in there this morning with 2 girls going easy on the bikes and I knew it wouldn't end well. 

Went outside and a good walk instead. (Not conducive to runnin)

30 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Doesn't that upset your triathlete OCD? How can you stop at 57min?

Ah, but what if he was at 3000m? If he swam for another 3 mins it would be an uneven 3200. Then he'd have to swim to 3500 to even that out. Then he'd be at 65min and would need to even it to 4000! Arghghghgh

• Haha 2

Just got home from Mt Cootha - yes it rained but we did it anyway - 6 climbs - careful on the descents - not many others up there today - another box ticked 😎

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AP said:

Just got home from Mt Cootha - yes it rained but we did it anyway - 6 climbs - careful on the descents - not many others up there today - another box ticked 😎

What time does the concrete arrive?

18 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Ah, but what if he was at 3000m? If he swam for another 3 mins it would be an uneven 3200. Then he'd have to swim to 3500 to even that out. Then he'd be at 65min and would need to even it to 4000! Arghghghgh

See, I'm ok with 3200. But not 3100 or 3300.

Actually, I have gotten rid of need to finish on perfect numbers like that.

53 minutes ago, AP said:

If there werent any magpies, sorry doesnt count 😉

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

See, I'm ok with 3200. But not 3100 or 3300.

Actually, I have gotten rid of need to finish on perfect numbers like that.

That happens with age. 

Next you’ll be getting home from a ride at 99.1km and you won’t even bother doing laps around the block to round up to 100. 

Youll think about it, but won’t do it. 

Guest FFF1077
2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Doesn't that upset your triathlete OCD? How can you stop at 57min?

Because of the plan and effort and distance. 😁😎👍

Do as much as I am told, as hard as I am told, when I am told*.

*apart from the weekends I have my daughter.