Jump to content

What training did you do today...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, monkie said:

5 x Yassos this morning and then 2:10 on the turbo (moved Saturday's ride to today 'cos City2Surf). Was meant to be 2.5 but was done. TP told me I would probably need more rest today so I took it at it's word!

Have a good C2S

Link to post
Share on other sites

Early morning today having to get my MIL to the hospital by 6am for cataract surgery, so I decided to take a day of ARL. That meant I got to play "Pro-Hours" at the dam. It's lovely there at 9am. Did an hour out there, then came home & went to the gym.

#loveprohours

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Early morning today having to get my MIL to the hospital by 6am for cataract surgery, so I decided to take a day of ARL. That meant I got to play "Pro-Hours" at the dam. It's lovely there at 9am. Did an hour out there, then came home & went to the gym.

#loveprohours

That's like Wed last week till Tuesday this week. Annual leave... Sleep in, train, eat, sleep, go and get Ivy from school 😎✌️👌 happy days 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously not all in one hit, but 100 pushups this morning.  I feel like superman.  No, actually I feel like shit.  Never done that before.  That's about the most significant thing I've done in a year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
25 minutes ago, goughy said:

Obviously not all in one hit, but 100 pushups this morning.  I feel like superman.  No, actually I feel like shit.  Never done that before.  That's about the most significant thing I've done in a year.

Good work 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077

59min run 

Didn't look at the watch just by the feeling. Ran faster than normal, but it felt like a basic Endurance effort. 

 

Cracking morning here 

 

Edit to ask: Should my 16 weeks have started Monday just gone or the coming week?? 

20180811_074120.jpg

Edited by FFF1077
Questions
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

59min run 

Didn't look at the watch just by the feeling. Ran faster than normal, but it felt like a basic Endurance effort. 

 

Cracking morning here 

 

Edit to ask: Should my 16 weeks have started Monday just gone or the coming week?? 

20180811_074120.jpg

Training peaks tells me its 16 weeks to raceday which would mean Monday coming.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Yep, cause massive house clean is like, zip, zada, nuffin, zilch. Not doing nuttin'

Actually, my part of the house clean was relaying a large section of 400x400x40 pavers, after grinding flat the concrete they were laying on with a 230mm grinder. Then mowing the lawn. I actually feel a lot more worn out than yesterday when I swam & went to gym. :)

Won't be doing anything tomorrow either, as I've been trying to get the vege garden tidied up, and decided it will be tomorrow's job at sunrise. Then I get to gurney the house and the back verandah down after covering them in concrete dust today. That'll make 2 days of nothing. Oh the shame. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, monkie said:

Ha! Very true. But there's enough uphill to make it hurt like hell!

Yep cracking course.  Missed it this year for the first time in many years.  Hopefully be back next year when life isnt so hectic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
15 minutes ago, willie said:

15 mins faster than me! All 102kgs of me made it home in under 70 so all good... Set for another crack in the red group next year. 

You were 104.... I see a trend.... 😎🤘

Link to post
Share on other sites

Life has happened a bit today, planned 3hr ride and 45 min run, got 1hr 10 done on zwift due to dangerous winds outside, went and did 45 min run after but I’m now playing nurse to the wife who went to a girlfriends last night and wiped herself out, I got a call at stupid o’clock to go and get her as she had passed out.  I’ve given her a spray about it as I had to put the kids in the car to go and get her and I don’t want kids seeing that.  Honestly at 36 years old I thought most people were past that type of behaviour.  I’m don’t drink so I guess I’m out of touch with with that type of behaviour..  and the kids are feral today 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KieranR said:

Life has happened a bit today, planned 3hr ride and 45 min run, got 1hr 10 done on zwift due to dangerous winds outside, went and did 45 min run after but I’m now playing nurse to the wife who went to a girlfriends last night and wiped herself out, I got a call at stupid o’clock to go and get her as she had passed out.  I’ve given her a spray about it as I had to put the kids in the car to go and get her and I don’t want kids seeing that.  Honestly at 36 years old I thought most people were past that type of behaviour.  I’m don’t drink so I guess I’m out of touch with with that type of behaviour..  and the kids are feral today 😳

It's amazing how quick it can happen "in the moment" at least that's my excuse.

 

20k run this morning and 4.5k swim this arvo.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, willie said:

15 mins faster than me! All 102kgs of me made it home in under 70 so all good... Set for another crack in the red group next year. 

My first crack at C2S today, was aiming at 70min best case scenario, but the course was a bit more challenging than I was expecting! Got a big headspin at about 10k and walked about 20 metres and smashed some electrolytes. Came in at 70.29, so looks like I missed the red group qualifier by under 30 seconds 😫

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The new guy said:

My first crack at C2S today, was aiming at 70min best case scenario, but the course was a bit more challenging than I was expecting! Got a big headspin at about 10k and walked about 20 metres and smashed some electrolytes. Came in at 70.29, so looks like I missed the red group qualifier by under 30 seconds 😫

I actually enjoyed the run today, just wanted to go around in 70 mins to retain my red group start. Crossed the line at 68 mins, after feeling a slight calf / top of achilles tear at the 4K mark and had to stop for a little bit.

Lots of nice hills, wasnt as difficult as last year

Hopefully this is the start I need for WS70.3, and Blackmores half marathon.

I also think I need some new shoes, I'm currently running in Nike Flyknit Racers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

 

 

I am jealous.... 

Your recovering from the flu and you still can do 1km at 3:40 ish. 😮😮

 

Quality 😎🤘💪

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Easy week for me. Struck down with flu last sunday night.  Was not well and sore.

Wednesday - 20min Run + Gym in Arvo

Thursday - 30min Run + Trainer Bike Session in arvo

Friday - Gym and Treadmill (5x1km - 3:44/3:44/3:38/3:38/3:30)

Saturday - 70min Run + 20min DWR - 90min Bike after work

Sunday - 2hr on trainer then run off bike which was 7.5km loop (26:30) - DWR this afternoon.  

 

 

Gonna be pedantic and say you had a bad cold or virus. Not the flu...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Doc said Flu. But then again docs get it wrong.  

Docs also give antibiotics to people who have a cold. Which is a virus. 

Sometimes they just use common language.

I reckon if it was a true flu, you wouldn't have done the training u did. 

But they are all viruses, and the doc won't really care which one it is. 

Then theres man flu. That's different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...