What training did you do today...

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Thanks 

It's a different story in the open water sans paddles..... 😔😔😔😂😂

Just trying to work at a solid effort while I'm not running. 

I think Turts was referring to you claiming a 1:42 for 200m. That's currently spot on the world record. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think Turts was referring to you claiming a 1:42 for 200m. That's currently spot on the world record. :)

44 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Ah! 

Now I get it 

Yep. It's the smartarse in me. Sorry mate! 

4km walk along the Yeppoon waterfront today. I had planned a swim in the lagoon here, but even though their website says open at 6am, there were a number of big Maori security guys wandering around saying "Can't swim till 8am Bro". Discretion was the better part of valour, so I thought a walk would be fine, and another walk later when the family get up. :)

• Like 1

Our club had the annual inter club TT comp between two other clubs. We used an extended version of the regular 10mile TT course we do. This extension makes the course 10.7 miles (17.2kms) but the last 1200 meters is a drag uphill.

Forgot to stop my watch but I'm pretty sure I went close to 26.00 dead, which puts me a gnat's dick under 40kph average.

Keen to see the official results later in the week :)

• Like 3

40mins on Zwift on Tuesday. I changed over the pedals and setup on my road bike for the +1. I think the +1 has spent more time on Zwift than I have. I've been sick though, fever, sore throat and general tiredness. Hoping to get back to it tomorrow. The Aussie ladies have a climbing ride tomorrow.

• Like 1
Guest FFF1077

71km ride - Easy 

First outdoor ride with P1 Pedals and the Element.

Looking at the post ride numbers...there was a 10% difference in the Left/Right power balance which is good....shows I'm protecting my left ankle still. Great to be outside, will definately find a flatter route next time.

WSOTB(Walk shuffle off the bike)

6km easy

took 3.5km of walking for my feet to defrost. Jogged 2km at ~6:50km pace which was regen/easy feeling. Ankle happy throughout the jog and the ride.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY

Great stuff mate!

An hour turbo for me and then 35 mins ROTB, taking it easy ready to step it up a gear next week with start of build for LCW :D

2.2km cold water swim back in Brisbane this morning. Just speedos & cap. Took the next 2 hours to warm up. The last hour of that was at the FiL's chainsawing & block splitting wood, and digging out stumps..

This afternoon I spent about an hour at the gym doing 3 rounds of back/shoulder work, and about 15 minutes easy pedaling or walk-running between the sets.

Now it's scotch time. :)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

85km lumpy fast ride. Got it done early due to ‘heat’ ( cue Ex in 3,,2,,1,, :lol: )

My turn is it?

Not really fair me talking about the heat. I used to play squash in Cairns, so my sense of temperature got all distorted long ago. ;)

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My turn is it?

Not really fair me talking about the heat. I used to play squash in Cairns, so my sense of temperature got all distorted long ago. ;)

It’s 28C today already. People are FTFO 😀

8 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I suppose it's all relative. My wife would probably still put on a long sleeve shirt for that. :)

:lol:

BTW, if you guys thought my legs were white there are some absolutely retina burning reflective limbs on show today. They make me look like a landscaper from Brisbane 👍

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

:lol:

BTW, if you guys thought my legs were white there are some absolutely retina burning reflective limbs on show today. They make me look like a landscaper from Brisbane 👍

You should see my son. He was wearing a white t-shirt yesterday, and you couldn't tell where the sleeve finished and the skin started. 

It's a completely different generation nowadays.

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You should see my son. He was wearing a white t-shirt yesterday, and you couldn't tell where the sleeve finished and the skin started. 

It's a completely different generation nowadays.

Very true. My two nephews grew up on the most idyllic private estate in a beautiful thatched cottage, surrounded by nature, countryside, animals in a completely safe environment ( unless you were a grouse! ).

One nephew, loves camping, exploring and just being outdoors but isn’t sporty. The other spent all of his youth in his bedroom playing Xbox, then did that at uni and now does it in his own home. Not the slightest bit interested in the real world.

Having said that, he’s moved to Leeds and if I lived in in Leeds, I’d never leave the house either!

The lady I did my  cycling with this morning is a physio, her and her husband have completed multiple IMs and we were talking about what our respective kids do in terms of sport and running around. Turns out it was very similar in that our kids are active but she was telling me that in general, our kids and their lifestyles are definitely outliers, even at that young age.

Which is pretty sad IMO :(

Forced myself back on the training horse this last month.  Was pretty low and did literally nothing at all the month or so before.  Decided to hit the trainer rather than joining my old riding group blind like I did in the past - they've had quite a few new people join them and I haven't ridden with them for many months.  Managed somehow to get myself on the trainer pretty much 3 times a week doing different spinervals vids.  Joined them for a ride on Friday and was tough but happy enough with how I went.  My mate pulled out on yesterdays ride so I joined them again for one of our regular routes, lots of the new guys were their for that one.  They left me for dead!  I've been behind with them (especially when starting back) but nothing like this!  I really didn't think things had fallen that bad, and bonked seriously bad and even rode off the road on one climb, not falling at least but having to get myself started mid way up a sharp climb.  In the end I told them to stop waiting for me as I wasn't far off the place where I leave the group anyway.  But, after getting home I checked my strava records of this ride going back several years and while I wasn't at my fastest I've done it, I wasn't my slowest either!  Looks like the bastards with all the new guys are riding much faster!  When I could do it at av 22k/hr I was near middle of the group, but they averaged 24.5k/hr yesterday.  So that made me feel better.  What made me feel even better was the lazy ride with my mate today, and now my legs don't hurt at all.

Walking has picked up again, and started getting some faster walks in, though the dog sniffing everything does slow the average down.  Boy I still miss running though.

Swimming, what swimming.  The night squads don't suit me and having to be here in the mornings with the issues my son's had I haven't been able to fit in the morning ones.  Was gonna get in an arvo swim a week at the local pool so my son can come along and have a muck about, but they've closed it for the next month so gotta find somewhere else to swim just on my own.

Hoping to get in a few of the gatorade races this season, and maybe see what the local club does with their races.  Then maybe finally get back to kingy and then look into the longer stuff for next year.  Baby steps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, goughy said:

Forced myself back on the training horse this last month.  Was pretty low and did literally nothing at all the month or so before.  Decided to hit the trainer rather than joining my old riding group blind like I did in the past - they've had quite a few new people join them and I haven't ridden with them for many months.  Managed somehow to get myself on the trainer pretty much 3 times a week doing different spinervals vids.  Joined them for a ride on Friday and was tough but happy enough with how I went.  My mate pulled out on yesterdays ride so I joined them again for one of our regular routes, lots of the new guys were their for that one.  They left me for dead!  I've been behind with them (especially when starting back) but nothing like this!  I really didn't think things had fallen that bad, and bonked seriously bad and even rode off the road on one climb, not falling at least but having to get myself started mid way up a sharp climb.  In the end I told them to stop waiting for me as I wasn't far off the place where I leave the group anyway.  But, after getting home I checked my strava records of this ride going back several years and while I wasn't at my fastest I've done it, I wasn't my slowest either!  Looks like the bastards with all the new guys are riding much faster!  When I could do it at av 22k/hr I was near middle of the group, but they averaged 24.5k/hr yesterday.  So that made me feel better.  What made me feel even better was the lazy ride with my mate today, and now my legs don't hurt at all.

Walking has picked up again, and started getting some faster walks in, though the dog sniffing everything does slow the average down.  Boy I still miss running though.

Swimming, what swimming.  The night squads don't suit me and having to be here in the mornings with the issues my son's had I haven't been able to fit in the morning ones.  Was gonna get in an arvo swim a week at the local pool so my son can come along and have a muck about, but they've closed it for the next month so gotta find somewhere else to swim just on my own.

Hoping to get in a few of the gatorade races this season, and maybe see what the local club does with their races.  Then maybe finally get back to kingy and then look into the longer stuff for next year.  Baby steps.

Just get consistent Buddy.  Good work on getting back on the horse.  Don't fret on numbers just take joy in the process 

• Like 1

2.2km swim, then home to warm up by taking clover for a 5km walk/trot. We got a couple km in at 6:30 pace, which for me was probably a bit too much. It felt good to be doing it though. And for a dog that my wife has trouble getting to walk more than 3km, she kept wanting to run. I think that's the secret. She's happy to trot along at a reasonable pace, but gets bored just walking more than 30 minutes.

• Like 2
Guest FFF1077
41 minutes ago, goughy said:

Great stuff Goughy. 

Keep it rolling lad. 

YEOW 😎🤘

72km easy club ride, except for one 7km flat section where they suggested I give them a 4 min head start and they do through and offs (8 riders). I didn’t catch them by the junction but they were only 100mtrs past it.

i think I averaged 34kph for that section ( on the road bike).

Swim later, much much later 👍

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Good first week under the guidance of new coach.  Happy days, 3 runs, 2 swims, couple of rides, strength session

New coach? That was quick (I think?). Care to elaborate? Don't have to - I'm just super nosey!

3 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

New coach? That was quick (I think?). Care to elaborate? Don't have to - I'm just super nosey!

I’ve been coaching myself, I now have Chris Hanrahan from PB3 looking after me, I approached him to see if he would take me on so I can try and Qualify for 2020 worlds.  This week was my 1st under him

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, KieranR said:

What’s 115 TSS mean, I have zero idea

Training Stress Score. It was the score you had on one of your workouts (before you edited and after I posted :lol:

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Training Stress Score. It was the score you had on one of your workouts (before you edited and after I posted :lol:

is this on strava or something - i feel like im being stalked haha

6 hours ago, KieranR said:

is this on strava or something - i feel like im being stalked haha

Wouldn’t know ‘cos I’m not on Strava. Your original post had a screen shot of some workouts, that’s what I posted about.

25 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Wouldn’t know ‘cos I’m not on Strava. Your original post had a screen shot of some workouts, that’s what I posted about.

oh yes, that wasn't meant for here, i was meant to be sending that to my brother to show him what training peaks is