What training did you do today...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

Swam at my old pool for the first time in 6 months this morning, took an hour and a quarter to do a one hour session cos I got chatting to all the oldies in the lanes next to me, it was like a reunion.  Then this arvo ran 10km in 45 minutes which was a bit of a surprise, I just felt good so kept going!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, -H- said:

Swam at my old pool for the first time in 6 months this morning, took an hour and a quarter to do a one hour session cos I got chatting to all the oldies in the lanes next to me, it was like a reunion.  Then this arvo ran 10km in 45 minutes which was a bit of a surprise, I just felt good so kept going!

Haha, maybe it's an age thing...  Nowadays it always takes me 60 minutes to do my 50 minute runs!

PS - Great work H, sounds like you're back!

• Like 1

Ran a bit got lost found a new trail.  

Mini Bands lateral walks

Glute bridge hold

2:20 run - 33.5km according to map.  On water only

Felt easy

2 hour trainer ride in afternoon chatting to a good bloke on messenger

Walked a few kays to Gold Coast Aquatic Centre for a 40min swim session, then back. 

I understand why people like living here, the winter climate is great from training & there are heaps of tracks and parks for running.  Our daughter and her boyfriend would like to move here from Sydney, they love the place....and real-estate heaps cheaper.

37 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Walked a few kays to Gold Coast Aquatic Centre for a 40min swim session, then back. 

I understand why people like living here, the winter climate is great from training & there are heaps of tracks and parks for running.  Our daughter and her boyfriend would like to move here from Sydney, they love the place....and real-estate heaps cheaper.

We're spoiling you with the weather at the moment. I'm still wondering when Winter is going to hit. The thermometer said 3.2 degrees yesterday morning, but I was out in the yard in shorts. That'll change when the Westerlies start, but for now, enjoy it.

21 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

We bought an apartment in Burleigh heads. Looking to relocate next year. Cannot wait to be out of Sydney, this city is becoming a joke.

• Like 1

I rode 40km this morning and then ran 10km off the bike.  I had a head on collision with a crow (a bird, not a footballer from Adelaide) in the first 10km and didn't realise until I got home that I had blood all over my face. Would have frightened a few people out for their morning walk, I reckon!

• Like 2

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up. 

Enjoyment comes from achievement. Time to start enjoying things on a consistent basis.

FM

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Flanman said:

Time to stop piss-farting around and actually do some training. I think I am starting to get my head together (i.e., embracing chaos rather than stressing over it), so this weekend is the baseline. Only one way to go now - and that's up.

Sounds like me Mick, I've been really inconsistent.  After doing really good in the Winter swim challenge I've gone right off the rails and haven't had a swim in about 3 weeks, I only ran once this week, and apart from a couple of events I haven't had a training ride in over 9 months.

Good luck with it, just put time aside for yourself and do what you enjoy!

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 2

Wake up and put on my 2xu compression gear and vest. Lace up the Newton Gravity 5.  Don the newton visor and RP traylx 

Foam roller - glute exercises - then out and back run 30km run - 1:50:24. : Half way glutes exercises  top up fuel belt bottles.

Things need to work on, hip position on inclines.  Overreaching on left side

• Like 1

Ran 13.5km this morning with my running buddy, but the weather has been too shite to do anything else. So I've been on the couch with the Roth tracker instead, loving the GPS tracking!  Plus I have a friend over there sending back photos and videos so it's *almost* like being there.

60 mins on MTB Saturday, wanted to do more laps but the single track was quite muddy and didn't want to risk a crash as I struggle in the mud with feet clipped in.

75 mins road bike with the Mrs today - couldn't keep up :blush:  I've lost a lot on the bike.

Bashed around the Dolomites Maratona course on my TT bike then inhaled a pint of German beer afterwards whilst relaxing my glutes in a very decompressed state.  

Dolomites rock. Literally. Pics here @g_trains_tri

20170709_174737.jpg

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 8

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, FatPom said:

First exercise since Tenby.  30 min on/off run warm up then joined local Park Run and jogged around in 26.50 with a couple that did IM Frankfurt last weekend. It wasn't our finest hour:lol:

If only I could do 26.50 running @ 100%, let alone after a race.

FM

Windtrainer intervals then a mostly comfy run off the bike. I was running along the river at west end and ended up running alongside some rowers but they were in an 8 so they pulled away fairly quickly.

Getting over my cold now so slowly feeling better.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2017 at 4:45 AM, The Customer said:

Bashed around the Dolomites Maratona course on my TT bike then inhaled a pint of German beer afterwards whilst relaxing my glutes in a very decompressed state.  

Dolomites rock. Literally. Pics here @g_trains_tri

20170709_174737.jpg

you are that person all the memes back here are referring to with the Euro holiday snaps, you know that, don't you?

Hard day today, cutting and chopping enough wood for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully that will be it for the cool weather this year.

My back aches & my arms are tired, but feels good with a scotch in front of the fire watching season 2 of Ballers.