Jump to content

What training did you do today...


Recommended Posts

Managed to get out for a run. Man, that wind and rain was icy!!

10km, 53.59, 5.23 pace and 108mtrs.

 

 

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

Morning jog, 4*2 mins @ goal 5k pace, 2 mins easy recov, 4:00 for 3, 3:55 for 1. Nice way to start the day - I'd call it a taper session if it wasn't on the prog. 

Discovery of the day: windstopper underwear. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, altayloraus said:

Morning jog, 4*2 mins @ goal 5k pace, 2 mins easy recov, 4:00 for 3, 3:55 for 1. Nice way to start the day - I'd call it a taper session if it wasn't on the prog. 

Discovery of the day: windstopper underwear. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

Windstopper underwear?

To prevent coldness in the nether regions? You must be somewhere where it is very cold...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, altayloraus said:

Discovery of the day: windstopper underwear. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

2 hours ago, flathead said:

Windstopper underwear?

 

 

What happens if you fart?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's WINDstopper, not fartstopper! 

And wrt cold climate, I'm only a few hundred miles from FP - up in Cambridge. It was only just below freezing yesterday, but with a 'feels like' of -5 or so.  I like being fairly warm when I train, so that represents bloody ridiculously cold as far as I'm concerned. When we go and stay with the inlaws I wear a ridiculous amount of kit - if I moved there I'd be buying a lot of extra kit and a treadmill for winter as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, altayloraus said:

It's WINDstopper, not fartstopper! 

And wrt cold climate, I'm only a few hundred miles from FP - up in Cambridge. It was only just below freezing yesterday, but with a 'feels like' of -5 or so.  I like being fairly warm when I train, so that represents bloody ridiculously cold as far as I'm concerned. When we go and stay with the inlaws I wear a ridiculous amount of kit - if I moved there I'd be buying a lot of extra kit and a treadmill for winter as well. 

It's been cold but still the last couple of days, nothing above 0 all day but my god, that wind at the weekend and earlier this week made it feel like -10!

I still wear shorts but had a hat and gloves.  brrrr. Little One thinks it's a great laugh when we're running. I just mutter something about 'kids' and 'getting old'. 😞

Edited by FatPom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shorts? How do you do that? I had two pairs of tights on as well on the nether regions, top layer fleece lined, and two tops (one fleece lined) and a gilet, and beanie and gloves. There must be something wrong with me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, altayloraus said:

Shorts? How do you do that? I had two pairs of tights on as well on the nether regions, top layer fleece lined, and two tops (one fleece lined) and a gilet, and beanie and gloves. There must be something wrong with me!

Funnily enough I asked the question on TT about when folks swap from shorts to tights.  I have a pair of OMM full length running tights that I've only used once or twice in years.  I don't seem to suffer on my legs but I hate my kidneys and neck being cold, so regularly will run in a fleece long sleeved top and a buff for my neck.

I've really noticed my hands suffering this winter, more than any other I can remember.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went for a run with Little One, our usual circuit. About 1.5km in I could see the pace was good and she said she wanted to ‘go for it’, so we did.

6km, 39.14, smashed her PB by 1:34.  so proud ❤️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got off my arse last Friday and shuffled around a new area with my son. 7.2 kms with 185mts of elevation gain. Ouch.

He found a new small trail running group near home so ventured out again Sunday (5 kms and 130 mts elev). . A small group but growing called “Trails and Training” based Camden way. It could be the thing to get me going. They always do hilly runs - from 5kms right up to 30kms).

FM

160111C1-05B0-4F6A-8665-5A07F67DCC54.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

24km TT with the Mrs on the P3s to help her get used to the new bike.

I managed to stick with her this time.....just.  We were trundling along a false flat at about 34kmh & I was thinking if I had to go 1/2% harder to stay with her, I can't.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Week two of IMOZ training coming to an end. 2h40min bike + 10min run off the bike. Rode on Rouvy, ended up choosing the Ironman Barcelona course. 

1h40min run tomorrow and a 60min swim, then a rest/low volume week. Coach has me doing 2 weeks on, 1 week off.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did my run, but I decided with an off belly and the fact I cracked it at my shitty pace this morning I would not swim this afternoon. The pool will be packed full of idiots anyway. Will be nicer when the weather cools ;)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MissJess said:

Week two of IMOZ training coming to an end. 2h40min bike + 10min run off the bike. Rode on Rouvy, ended up choosing the Ironman Barcelona course. 

1h40min run tomorrow and a 60min swim, then a rest/low volume week. Coach has me doing 2 weeks on, 1 week off.

Rouvy has the IMOZ course if you want to ride what you will be doing. I thought realistic as well (except the potholes, seal joins etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.f006d356b4f7b60014c69d5fba3bc700.png

Did a Warburton trail ride and since there is no chance of racing IM NZ for the first time in 22 years, decided after 110kms I needed a few beers in Warrandyte to rehydrate. 
Still hoping to get to IM Cairns in June for last years race. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Rouvy has the IMOZ course if you want to ride what you will be doing. I thought realistic as well (except the potholes, seal joins etc)

Yeah I know, I've been using it, when it was released (as a 40km video) one of my mates said he was going to get his kids to stand either side and just punch him in the kidneys 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

I again had a trail run today with the runners from Camden way. We ran a track for 10 kms at the Oaks. Great to get off the road and I am really enjoying it. 

Whilst not burning up the ground, the travel there was great. I passed 2 deer not 200 metres from my place, watched 2 hot air balloons land just off the road near the start point then had a number of wallabies and kangaroos run across the track. This added to a cracker of a morning gives training a fantastic backdrop  

FM

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back into the bigger volume of stuff in the build up to the Tweed Race.

Saturday - 19km with 8x 600m surges thrown in. Everything was going awesome until the last 5km when the Brisbane humidity grabbed me by the balls. Ended up 'running' the last 5km in 34:48.
Sunday - 80km on Zwift with 3x 13:00/6:30 intervals at 255W (sweet spot) and then the rest of the ride at Z2 HR. Chose the Pretzel Loop which made for a bit of a slow grind up the reverse KOM but ticked it off in pretty much exactly 3:00. 20min ROTB at a reasonably comfortable 5:10/km pace. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

20x 100m on 2:30 last night in the very rainy Clem Jones. Despite my best efforts to stay calm and slow it down, I just got faster and faster, and for what didn't feel like much more effort, started to nudge the 1:40/100m barrier. As someone who races at 2:00/100m, I had mental images of me up on the plane, huge bow wave behind, chasing down all who stood before me. Decided to give it the beans in the last one and went 1:33 which was a PB 100m by 4 seconds. In the grand scheme of things, not fast by any stretch, but a huge win for this little ginger duck.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BNothling said:

20x 100m on 2:30 last night in the very rainy Clem Jones. Despite my best efforts to stay calm and slow it down, I just got faster and faster, and for what didn't feel like much more effort, started to nudge the 1:40/100m barrier. As someone who races at 2:00/100m, I had mental images of me up on the plane, huge bow wave behind, chasing down all who stood before me. Decided to give it the beans in the last one and went 1:33 which was a PB 100m by 4 seconds. In the grand scheme of things, not fast by any stretch, but a huge win for this little ginger duck.

With feet the size of flippers, you should swim like Thorpie did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AA7 said:

With feet the size of flippers, you should swim like Thorpie did.

You'd think so, but it turns out that having feet like mine and hands that are 26.5cm across don't automatically mean 1:10/100m out of the box. I want a refund.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10km run @ 5:29min/km yesterday arvo, which is apparently my tempo pace after nursing my achilles through December. 

Some more route badge hunting in Zwift this morning, with New York on I nabbed the Rising Empire (45min @ 209w), Knickerbocker Reverse (45min @ 203w) and The 6 Train (15min @ 175w). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...