What training did you do today...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Yesterday. 204.5km bike ride around yarra glen, gruyere, macclesfield, emerald.   Run off the bike 6x900m  (train station to train station on the djering path).  

Bloody hell, if you ride much further we could have a coffee. 😆

• Haha 1

Yesterday I ran 6km in 29.31, trying out my new  Pegasus 37s that I got in a Black Friday sale (£51, wohoo).  Managed to fall over on the only muddy bit, my fault, not the shoes.

Last night I did the same race on Zwift as I did on Friday.

Overall power was down on last week but I guess everyone had hard weekends because I came 7/39 in C grade according to ZP.

Lost wifi on my phone so had zero power ups ( otherwise I would have won, totes🤣 )

7 hours ago, FatPom said:

6km run with Little One. 40.39.  She goes alright for a 6yr old. ❤️

I’m amazing how willing kids are to do stuff when they see parents do it. 

miss 7 is obsessed with riding.  Yesterday alone she did 1:10 on zwift. 

she’s itching today and do more. 

• Like 5

I didn't do much yesterday, maybe an hour on Zwift all up but I was setting up my new 'Zwift zone' in the garage.

32" HD tv and Apple TV4K.  It took some fettling and had to physically turn the turbo around an re-arrange some stuff. 

It works well though and after multiple log in/out and restarts just to test stuff, I reckon from having nothing switched to being in the game and pedalling, I'm probably down to about 90 secs, which was close to 8-10 mins on my ageing MacBook.

• Like 4

Little bit late to the party but had a pretty good weekend.

Saturday: Kicked off at 0430 with a 11.5km run with my running buddy. 5:40/km average pace. Followed it up by taking the twins to ParkRun at Mansfield. Bit of a false start but eventually convinced Twin 1 to get into the pram rather than being carried at about the 400m mark. Ran the rest of the way after that and came in just over 31 minutes. 

Sunday: Competed in the Guam National Virtual Triathlon (standard distance) to support a friend who lives up there. Was supposed to do it in order but I didn't feel like doing the bike in the heat so I went to Nundah at about 7am. Managed to squeak a 59:57 40km TT which I was stoked with. 255W for the ride. Headed to the pool and was going to do it in the 25m pool because the place was chockers, but got a tap on the shoulder after 650m that I needed to get out because they were closing the pool in 30 minutes time for a kids party. Hit the abort button and went home. Had to get the run done and the heat and wind weren't letting up so I went down to Thorneside to run along the flat. I wanted to set a new 10km PB (47:56) and I was on track to do so but the wheels fell off at the 5km mark when I turned around to head back and just about stopped. I was cooked so I just dragged my arse back to the car and finished in 52:27. I'm a bit pissed as I was through the 5km mark at 23:52, so all I had to do was hang on, but I just couldn't do it. 

• Thanks 1

So here's something a little odd.  I did about 2.5hrs on the turbo Thurs, got my ass kicked in B Grade on Fri for 45mins (which hurt my legs), then ran 20km Sat morning. Then when I get home, I find that there are spots available for the Goodwood Marathon tomorrow and Goodwood is only an hour from me.

So I figured it would be rude not to enter🤣  Weather could be mixed, forecast is for either -2 and dry or 3C and pouring down. (and windy).....

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, FatPom said:

So here's something a little odd.  I did about 2.5hrs on the turbo Thurs, got my ass kicked in B Grade on Fri for 45mins (which hurt my legs), then ran 20km Sat morning. Then when I get home, I find that there are spots available for the Goodwood Marathon tomorrow and Goodwood is only an hour from me.

So I figured it would be rude not to enter🤣  Weather could be mixed, forecast is for either -2 and dry or 3C and pouring down. (and windy).....

It would be sooo nice to go for a run on a freezing cold day!  Well every now and again that is - just sweltering here:sweatdrop:

• Like 1

Yesterday  24.6km run followed by 1hr20 on trainer.  7km walk in arvo. 

Today 5hr30 in trainer and then a 6.46km run off bike.   It was patchy weather so decided to ride on trainer minimise risk after a few sleepless nights.  My dad had op on wednesday for prostrate removal.  Things didnt really go to plan.  He lost blood twice so two blood transfusions and stopped breathing during op.  Needed 3min CPR to revive and was placed in a induced coma.  He was in ICU until yesterday.  In ward now so got speak to him today but he is very exhausted

• Sad 3
6 hours ago, Bosco said:

Many people getting up early for PTO. Me - I just keep hitting refresh for FP race report! 

I have 42.39km on my watch and 3:39:25

Man that was friggin hard work! I set my watch for fast/slow alerts but had no real reference, as once Eton Dorney got canned i dropped off a cliff and no clue really.

I knew 5.20/km would get me 3.48 but I thought that was out of reach but I set a fast of 5.15 and a slow of 5,25 and just figured to hope for the best.

I found using them fairly helpful but my god, at the back of the circuit there was icy headwind was its own special type of hell. It also messed up my watch massively, my pace was swinging all over the place. After lap 2, I decided not to worry about it, as when you were out of that bit, suddenly I was running 5.00/kms according to watch.

But I tried to keep it consistent but was definitely feeling yesterday’s run. 

I started running with a guy when we had 2.5 laps to go. My brain had checked out but he said if we dug deep, we could go sub 3.40, I thought he must be high! He was after a Pool C entry for Comrades, so he wanted sub 3.40, so we pushed each other like fcuk for that last 1.5laps.
He kicked just before the start/finish straight and I came in about 10 secs after. We were both knackered but happy!

Really happy that I was able to bring it home strong My last km was 4.32 but my god I’m hurting now! 😢

• Like 8
4 hours ago, FatPom said:

I have 42.39km on my watch and 3:39:25

Man that was friggin hard work! I set my watch for fast/slow alerts but had no real reference, as once Eton Dorney got canned i dropped off a cliff and no clue really.

I knew 5.20/km would get me 3.48 but I thought that was out of reach but I set a fast of 5.15 and a slow of 5,25 and just figured to hope for the best.

I found using them fairly helpful but my god, at the back of the circuit there was icy headwind was its own special type of hell. It also messed up my watch massively, my pace was swinging all over the place. After lap 2, I decided not to worry about it, as when you were out of that bit, suddenly I was running 5.00/kms according to watch.

But I tried to keep it consistent but was definitely feeling yesterday’s run. 

I started running with a guy when we had 2.5 laps to go. My brain had checked out but he said if we dug deep, we could go sub 3.40, I thought he must be high! He was after a Pool C entry for Comrades, so he wanted sub 3.40, so we pushed each other like fcuk for that last 1.5laps.
He kicked just before the start/finish straight and I came in about 10 secs after. We were both knackered but happy!

Really happy that I was able to bring it home strong My last km was 4.32 but my god I’m hurting now! 😢

Well done

16 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Today 5hr30 in trainer and then a 6.46km run off bike.   It was patchy weather so decided to ride on trainer minimise risk after a few sleepless nights.  My dad had op on wednesday for prostrate removal.  Things didnt really go to plan.  He lost blood twice so two blood transfusions and stopped breathing during op.  Needed 3min CPR to revive and was placed in a induced coma.  He was in ICU until yesterday.  In ward now so got speak to him today but he is very exhausted

Wishing your dad a solid recovery x

• Like 1
On 06/12/2020 at 9:42 PM, Fitness Buddy said:

Thinking of you and your dad FB. 

FM

On 08/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, Flanman said:

Thinking of you and your dad FB. 

FM

My dad is now.  Got home saturday (yesterday).

He had 2 complete blood transfusions during operation.  

His heart stopped in operation due the amount of blood loss.  Lucky to have survived, sister who is a nurse said the surgeon pretty much predicted this may happen so was ready if it did. 

He has seemed to have got past what was a very dire situation.   Has check up in a week

Edited by Fitness Buddy
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Raby Bay tri super sprint yesterday in the middle of the east coast low. Lots of squalls made the bike interesting and the roundabouts were nobody’s friend. Slow and steady through those and don’t touch the front brake ! There was still a big turnout of participants but a lot less spectators than usual.

It was my first tri in over a year and I was expecting heat but the rain and wind kept it cool. 

• Like 4
On 29/11/2020 at 8:51 AM, Peter said:

I’m amazing how willing kids are to do stuff when they see parents do it. 

miss 7 is obsessed with riding.  Yesterday alone she did 1:10 on zwift. 

she’s itching today and do more. 

Ive been showing my middle daughter your girl on Insta...Ange was funny..'oh f*ck. now I HAVE to start riding my bike"....

• Like 1

Back on dirt together again...

5 months after she snapped her Achilles...we got to spin 10km of undulating fire trail....big difference from our usual 80km long days...

She's still got a way to go strength and walking normally...although this was great on Saturday 20201212_162517.thumb.jpg.2db707e821cdd5a01b348c849cf4092e.jpg

20201212_162443.jpg

20201212_183259.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Went for a run, wish I hadn’t! Weather was meant to hold off until later. Stoped a couple of times for coat on/off but after 30mins the heavens opened and large puddles on the way out were rivers on the way back.

I was so wet, cold and miserable with about 1.5km to go to my turnaround I figured I’d just keep going anyway. Gave up looking at my watch and covered it my sleeve and resolved just 'get home without stopping'.

Then 2.5km from home, it stopped raining, blues sky and the ****ing sun came out! GRRR. Anyway:

22.2km, 1hr55 at 5.35 pace

• Like 3

30kms with the Mrs on her new (2nd hand) 2010 P3 which I bought from OldDave.  This was her first time out on it after a few sessions on the windtrainer to get used to the gears etc. being out on the end of the tribars.  She was pretty wobbly to start with, but by the end was getting the hang of it.

I took my 2006 P3 as well.

She smashed me, esp. up the hills

I think we have confirmed that on equivalent bikes, I'm the fooked 😬

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

First outside ride for a few weeks as I have some help with the kids now, just and easy 40 K and coffee

I haven't been for a ride outside for ages. Hoping to do an XC next week.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I haven't been for a ride outside for ages. Hoping to do an XC next week.

Yeah, I have been limited to zwift a lot with me being single dadding for last 6 months, gravel bike was a god send as I could do some longer day time rides free from traffic.

Had planned to be in Scotland doing gravel tours. It is the best bike I've bought for liberation.

Love zwift, racing, group rides and training but hit the wall with it mentally a while back. The guy I rode with today hadn't ridden in years so we had a good easy ride and 3 coffees😇

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Yeah, I have been limited to zwift a lot with me being single dadding for last 6 months, gravel bike was a god send as I could do some longer day time rides free from traffic.

Had planned to be in Scotland doing gravel tours. It is the best bike I've bought for liberation.

Love zwift, racing, group rides and training but hit the wall with it mentally a while back. The guy I rode with today hadn't ridden in years so we had a good easy ride and 3 coffees😇

I got DQ'd in my last C grade Zwift race for pumping out 3.5w/kg but I still only came 6th or 8th. Entered a B grade race and came third from last and got smashed by a load of C graders! 🤣

I'm seriously thinking about what bikes I need and what I don't.  I can't really justify a gravel bike in the UK as it's just too muddy for most of the year for 'gravel', however, for a do it all road bike, with the crap condition of our roads they make a lot of sense.

I have the P3, the Bianchi Infinito, Giant Anthem all in Winchester and a Focus Paralane at Mum's house.  For the amount I ride outside now, it seems overkill but the 2nd hand rim brake market is rubbish, so worthwhile keeping.

My plan is to do more XC because I want to discover more distant running trails and hill training without actually running to discover them in the first instance (if that makes sense?).

I need new tyres on the mtb though, something good for winter/spring as I'm still running the ones that came with the bike and they were summer 'rollers' when new and pretty worn now.

I do like XC though. Pedalling with no traffic is bliss, trade off being the lots of gates or stiles but I can live with that.

• Like 1