Jump to content

What training did you do today...


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I had to Google what a Bramble was. For us australian's its a Blackberry bush - yep ouch.

If you learn something knew every day its a good day! 

Yeah pretty much the same. We seem to get some that have no blackberries on also. There is another one called a ‘brier’ but I’m not really sure what the difference is.

Friggin hurt, whatever you call it 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

Huski sprint.  Went ok apart from 2 acts of complete Muppetry (calf cramped trying to get out of bike shoes & then tried to run out of T2 with helmet still on -  thankfully some nice spectators informed me🤭).  I'm so out of practice for transitions.

The rain mostly held off for our race at 7am but now it is absolutely chucking it down - flash flood stuff.

Ocean swims cancelled due to lightening.

Rest of family supposed to do runs at 2-3pm, will be interesting to see if they are still on.  Fingers crossed this eases.

I need to lose 2kg of gut fat to get my run happening better - ManShakes maybe 😁

Bike2.thumb.jpg.c8bfb1c4ff85f259866f445bddfabe63.jpgRun1.thumb.jpg.84ef16a0c21fb7131e57371fb3c2ccc6.jpg

 

 

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jim Shortz

Swim in the 25m pool 

2x200 bouy only easy 

12x50 bouy only hard/cruise 30sec ri 

1min ri 

3x400 P&B basic endurance 20sec ri 

1min ri 

6x50 bouy only regen effort CD 

 

Completed this better than last time I tried. Didn't go all out during the "hard/cruise" portions. The ri actually felt too long, but given that the swim overall was successful, I'm not going to shorten it just yet. 8.5k in the pool this week. Really really happy with the progress there. 

 

Overall health is holding out. I was worried about the reaction of my "gready" Thursday. While my legs are tired I'm going OK energy wise. No flu symptoms or body "tingling" problems. So onwards. 

 

Goal is to complete an 8hr day in Busso in February. 

Busso 8hr. 

1hr swim/5hr bike/2hr run. Self supported 

 

Or perhaps 

 

8hrs of the easiest terrain in the world...? LOL 

 

Edited by Jim Shortz
Deets
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

Swim in the 25m pool 

2x200 bouy only easy 

12x50 bouy only hard/cruise 30sec ri 

1min ri 

3x400 P&B basic endurance 20sec ri 

1min ri 

6x50 bouy only regen effort CD 

 

Completed this better than last time I tried. Didn't go all out during the "hard/cruise" portions. The ri actually felt too long, but given that the swim overall was successful, I'm not going to shorten it just yet. 8.5k in the pool this week. Really really happy with the progress there. 

 

Overall health is holding out. I was worried about the reaction of my "gready" Thursday. While my legs are tired I'm going OK energy wise. No flu symptoms or body "tingling" problems. So onwards. 

 

Goal is to complete an 8hr day in Busso in February. 

Busso 8hr. 

1hr swim/5hr bike/2hr run. Self supported 

 

Or perhaps 

 

8hrs of the easiest terrain in the world...? LOL 

 

Nice work 😊   Its great when you feel healthy/well & can see some progress rather than feeling shite. Happy Days 😎

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Huski sprint.  Went ok apart from 2 acts of complete Muppetry (calf cramped trying to get out of bike shoes & then tried to run out of T2 with helmet still on -  thankfully some nice spectators informed me🤭).  I'm so out of practice for transitions.

The rain mostly held off for our race at 7am but now it is absolutely chucking it down - flash flood stuff.

Ocean swims cancelled due to lightening.

Rest of family supposed to do runs at 2-3pm, will be interesting to see if they are still on.  Fingers crossed this eases.

I need to lose 2kg of gut fat to get my run happening better - ManShakes maybe 😁

Bike2.thumb.jpg.c8bfb1c4ff85f259866f445bddfabe63.jpgRun1.thumb.jpg.84ef16a0c21fb7131e57371fb3c2ccc6.jpg

 

 

What happened to the afternoon events?  Go or no go?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Surfer said:

What happened to the afternoon events?  Go or no go?

No go, postponed till the morning.

But it turned out to be fine to run them, rain gone by mid-day....and storms forecast for tomorrow morning for the tris & runs.

So I may be the only one who gets to race?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

3.5hr Zwift 

197TSS 

 

Easy walking tomorrow and Tuesday to make sure I soak this up. 

That sounds like good progress mate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jim Shortz
53 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That sounds like good progress mate?

Yeah definitely. 

Just trying to not forget that I have done pretty much nothing for 8 months. Easy to get carried away. Pretty tired this arvo so definitely sweet FA for Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunate, but that's what you get when you are greedy 🤷🏻‍♂️👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Super easy 10km for me with my old mate. 1.05.45 at 6.34 pace

Is the lock down going to affect your race FP? Not to mention training ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Is the lock down going to affect your race FP? Not to mention training ?

Yes for sure. Apparently there is an announcement coming this week but I can’t for the life of me think it will go ahead. It was only £30, so not the end of the world financially.

Training, will largely carry on as before. I train alone nearly all of the time except when I’m in Somerset and now we won’t be able to come back here anyway, unless my Mum only wants to see us and not my sister. Further complicated that my nephew is a teacher and lives in a uni town ( Leeds).

I ride with a local CC  but that will be curtailed, although with the dark nights, and weather, a lot are resorting to Zwift.. so mostly running on my own again.

Having said all that, the nature of job and who I work for means I’m going to be extremely busy and stressed until at least Easter. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FatPom said:

Yes for sure. Apparently there is an announcement coming this week but I can’t for the life of me think it will go ahead. It was only £30, so not the end of the world financially.

Training, will largely carry on as before. I train alone nearly all of the time except when I’m in Somerset and now we won’t be able to come back here anyway, unless my Mum only wants to see us and not my sister. Further complicated that my nephew is a teacher and lives in a uni town ( Leeds).

I ride with a local CC  but that will be curtailed, although with the dark nights, and weather, a lot are resorting to Zwift.. so mostly running on my own again.

Having said all that, the nature of job and who I work for means I’m going to be extremely busy and stressed until at least Easter. 

Take care FP & all the best for you n all the family x

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jim Shortz

Bugger about the run FP 

 

Take it easy. There'll be another. 

I actually just thought of you, delivered two London Marathon race packs.... Some how I think they will unfortunately miss out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

Bugger about the run FP 

 

Take it easy. There'll be another. 

I actually just thought of you, delivered two London Marathon race packs.... Some how I think they will unfortunately miss out. 

Cheers mate.  I can't even remember when London is supposed to be now, is it March?   I was training for Newport Marathon (Wales, not US!) earlier in the year, that was supposed to be April, then got kicked to Oct this year, now has been kicked to March 2021.

Thing is though, the Cardiff Half Mara, which was due in April 2021, has just been moved to Oct 2021, so I can't see Newport Marathon being far behind but not heard yet.

I've already deferred Arc of Attrition ultra from 2021 to 2022 (I can't see 2021 happening, as it's in January).  The race I really want to see happen is the South Down Way 100 miler I'm entered for June 2021 but we'll see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started my swimming structure back this week. Just slowly working towards having more quantity rather than 'quality'. Started with 6x 300m on a 1:30 recovery. Just trying to get a feel for the water in slightly longer intervals, whilst keeping good technique and staying nice and calm in the water. Thinking about swimming more effectively with each stroke. End result was 5:46, 5:53 (with traffic), 5:48, 5:46, 5:48, 5:50. Average HR was 124, 136, 144, 147, 151 and 157.

Reasonably happy with that given that my average race pace for 70.3 is about 1:55/100m. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KieranR said:

The kids and I went mountain biking down in Margaret river a week or so ago, heading back down in a few weeks for more.  Reminds me of the trails in Taupo

744FA131-93B3-4D64-AD54-DF4D5663EC7C.jpeg

Great Pic 😍

Watch out Kieran their aim now is to be faster than Dad, youre gonna have do some training to hold them off for as long as possible lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Surfer said:

Nice work FP, you've been putting together some consistent training 

Yeah trying to Surfer.  It's very hard when races get cancelled, as I've trained for 5 this year that haven't happened.

My plan is to tick over about 35-40km a week running and do so more riding/Zwifting, which Ive been lacking.

I've lost a ton of bike power though. Endurance is fine, top end has gone for sure.  I am being much stricter about carving out 45 mins in work day for just me, so that is a quick run or Zwift, that way double days are easier or just relax in the evening.

I have some mega heavy work months coming up, so just trying to keep in touch with my fitness.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours on the trainer yesterday, trying to decide whether to swim or ride first today. 

No running at the moment, waiting on a session with the myotherapist to have a chat about my back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Yes @FatPomit 9 yrs old.  
 

just about to upgrade. Waiting for the shop to get my new bike it.  Bike shortage here

Cool, what are you getting?  I've been thinking about a bit of an all rounder for my next roadie, maybe a Cervelo Caledonia.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was mean't to do PRL Half with the club on Zwift but I completely lost all internet at the top of the 2nd climb. grrr

Using my work phone as a tether now because it's a local area issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

221km Bike and 5.2km run off bike

Yesterday.  Half Marathon plus 1:20 on trainer after

Holy shit, that's a big weekend!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 First run since Thurs.

6km, 28.29 at 4.44 pace

then

4km run with Little One, 29.16

then

That was annoying. Nobody turned up to my club ride, which was an hour on Tempus Fugit.

So I drilled it on my own for 30mins, I think it was close to 19kms. Then I clicked ‘quit event’ and as soon as I did, it said I had no internet connect but I did because I checked my other sites and my wifi signal was green. Absolutely no internet issue.

Anyway, it took me about 5 mins to exit the game and nothing has saved. 

Good workout though!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got out this morning and did my first bunchie since restrictions eased. Double Mt Pleasant in Eltham for those that know the area. 

It was great to get the intensity only a bunch ride can generate and then catch up with coffee afterwards. Having brilliant weather as well was just a bonus.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...