What training did you do today...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jim Shortz said:

How's the knee? 

Seems to be ok thanks mate. Friday's long run I could feel it a bit but seemed manageable as long as I kept the pace.  Hopefully another week of easy stuff will see it good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long run progression week 2

Walked to and from work. Just over 6k each way. 

1:03 to work 

1:01 on the way home 

ATL is 48 

Form is - 7

I have looked back at the PMC and when I have seen those numbers in the past 10 months and ignored them I've ended up getting sick. So I will be watching what I do between now and Friday to try and hit Sat/Sun in good condition. 

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Nice one FP. What trail shoes are you going to use on the big day?

It's not a trail marathon, it's a road one (Eton Dorney). gonna break out the Next%. People say they're expensive but I only use them for road races, which means they should last about 27 years. 😁

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, FatPom said:

It's not a trail marathon, it's a road one (Eton Dorney). gonna break out the Next%. People say they're expensive but I only use them for road races, which means they should last about 27 years. 😁

Riiight. Gotcha ☺

ATL was at 35 this morning after a rest day yesterday. Felt too rested and miserable to be honest. 

Lunch swim outside in the 50m pool. 

25x100 P&B solid 

20sec ri 

Avg pace 1:47/100

Arms were jelly at 22. Was aiming for 28 reps. Lungs were fine, no puffing etc

Edited by Jim Shortz
Details