What training did you do today...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jim Shortz said:

How's the knee? 

Seems to be ok thanks mate. Friday's long run I could feel it a bit but seemed manageable as long as I kept the pace.  Hopefully another week of easy stuff will see it good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Seems to be ok thanks mate. Friday's long run I could feel it a bit but seemed manageable as long as I kept the pace.  Hopefully another week of easy stuff will see it good.

Fingers crossed 🤞👍👍

• Like 2

Long run progression week 2

Walked to and from work. Just over 6k each way. 

1:03 to work 

1:01 on the way home 

ATL is 48 

Form is - 7

I have looked back at the PMC and when I have seen those numbers in the past 10 months and ignored them I've ended up getting sick. So I will be watching what I do between now and Friday to try and hit Sat/Sun in good condition. 

• Like 4

After 82 days in Dictator Dan’s COVID prison, we finally got parole and I was able to get out and do my 80km faux commute loop up Mt Dandenong. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Nice one FP. What trail shoes are you going to use on the big day?

It's not a trail marathon, it's a road one (Eton Dorney). gonna break out the Next%. People say they're expensive but I only use them for road races, which means they should last about 27 years. 😁

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, FatPom said:

It's not a trail marathon, it's a road one (Eton Dorney). gonna break out the Next%. People say they're expensive but I only use them for road races, which means they should last about 27 years. 😁

Riiight. Gotcha ☺

ATL was at 35 this morning after a rest day yesterday. Felt too rested and miserable to be honest. 

Lunch swim outside in the 50m pool. 

25x100 P&B solid 

20sec ri 

Avg pace 1:47/100

Arms were jelly at 22. Was aiming for 28 reps. Lungs were fine, no puffing etc

Edited by Jim Shortz
Details

1hr Easy Zwift on the flat

NP 127

Avg HR 98 

Tip toeing with the ATL and Form.... 😬🤞🤞🤞 No symptoms present. Kinesiologist(fancy chiro) said my systems were a lot happier than two weeks ago despite the fatigue in my body. 

• Like 2

Back in semi-freedom, I’ve had 4 days in a row of my commute back up through Mt Dandenong. Reminds me how much I miss just riding in the semi-rural hills, no traffic or traffic lights and fresh air. 

Cycling can be just fun and mentally refreshing. Around 1200m climb and 80kms each day but it’s just enjoying cycling again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Brick session, 30km ride/4km run.

After 7 years in the wilderness, I'm pretty much back to square one, where I was when I started sprint tris in the late 80's.  It all feels pretty tough.

Used to be able to smash a session like that and easily run 4-4:30 pace off a much longer bike.  Now it kills me.

Got to be patient I guess and work on it slowly.  This season will be back to learning again.

On the plus side, at the last local race a bloke gave me his wife's Adamo ISM seat (it's a men's seat & she hates it, was going to chuck it).  I absolutely love it.  Wish I'd got one decades ago.  Dodgy prostate much happier 😁

• Like 2

5th day in a row riding out and up Mt Dandenong although since it's a holiday I went down the other side to Monbulk and around the back to Lilydale. It was incredibly quiet on the roads early this morning

102kms 1,567m of climbing. Only problem was getting a pop rivet straight through my back tyre after about 70kms.

• Thanks 1

1500m swim set including 750m non-stop just to make sure I could swim that far non-stop for Huski sprint next weekend.

Took me 13:35 in the 25m pool = 1:48/100 pace.  Was hoping to be able to hold 1:45.

PS anyone know any good estuary/creek fishing spots around Huski?

• Like 1

Nothing planed for today,  I have a few hours off this afternoon, so need to reclaim the garden and yard from the falling leaves. Then I'm watch 1917 on Amazon.

29km run planned for tomorrow and the weather forecast is on the biblical side of wet.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, FatPom said:

i miss outdoor pools. (when I remember to swim 😉  )

It's a cracking spot. 

But I don't swim there as much as I used to. My sinuses get aggravated by the water 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ the other pool(Craigie) has no negative effects on them. Neither does Claremont poll. 

So whatever they do to the water doesn't agree with my sinuses. Unfortunate, but 🤷🏻‍♂️meh... LOL 

Long easy easy run. I put in a couple of half hearted MP kms but my head wasn’t in it. The terrible weather meant 3 or 4 stops for coat on/off because I had a loaded vest on. This destroyed my rhythm, so I concentrated on ‘getting it done’

29km, 139 mtrs, 2:49:14 at 5.50 pace

• Like 3

Long run progression continues... 

6.6k walk to work. Easy after only a few hours sleep. 

7.4k walk home. Quicker than this morning but still only revving above idle 😎👌

ATL is at 53 

Form is   -16

I can feel last weeks swim at Scarbs in my sinuses but other than that I am feeling OK. 

• Like 2

Nothing for two days, I've not been feeling well at all. Hopefully will pass soon.  I's hard not to panic, as the marathon is 3 weeks this Sunday but listening to my body (for once!)

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, BNothling said:

My new best mate. Really cool new feature that I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of. Just a nice and steady impromptu bunchie. 

It was an easy way to pass the hour. Mentally and physically speaking. It would be great if he ventured onto different routes as well. Like a lap of Volcano flat then out into the desert etc etc 

1 minute ago, Jim Shortz said:

It was an easy way to pass the hour. Mentally and physically speaking. It would be great if he ventured onto different routes as well. Like a lap of Volcano flat then out into the desert etc etc 

Definitely. Even just a natural fluctuation in pace. He's listed as a pace range, but holds the same power the whole way around. Can be a little challenging to stay with him on the uphills and downhills. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

Taper troubles from your body? From the unloading?? 

I'm not in taper yet, in fact this is (meant to be) my biggest week, with my longest run run being 33km on either Friday or Sat.  This hasn't been a great prep, as I just picked a 16 wk program and jumped in at wk 9 because I signed up so late.

That and the few days I had off with my knee will probably bite me but we'll see how it goes.  Realistically, I will miss one medium length run and one speed session this week but hopefully not the end of the world.

My plan is to run the first half holding 5.20/kms and see at half way how I feel.  5.20s gives me 3:48 but anything under 4.00 will be ok.

My Garmin predicts me at 3.26 but I'm pretty sure my watch has been drinking. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nailed the 28x100 swim 

Paced the first 8 more sensibly and completed the whole thing as it should be. 

Avg pace 1:48/100 paddles and bouy 

Then an hour on Zwift. Rode with a Dinosaur and then in France. It was great. All easy. 

20201028_163311.jpg

Edited by Jim Shortz
Pic
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, FatPom said:

6km, 30 mins dead at 5.00 pace. I did that last week!

Thats a positive - you're maintaining instead of going backwards after not feeling the best OR, its still last week, not this week 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went for a run with my old family friend, as I have a couple of days off and we are in Somerset. We did 3mins on/ 2 mins off and walked most of the last km.

10 km 1hr10 at 7.00 pace.