What training did you do today...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42km trail marathon. 800mtrs elevation.  4hrs11min,  came 5th overall, 3rd male and 1st male over 40.  £70 worth of OMM vouchers, wohoo 👍

Rode my bike 

City 2 Surf. Managed 54:11 so averaging 3:54 over 14k. Pretty chuffed! 6 minutes faster than two years ago 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, FatPom said:

Sorry to hear that Slowman but glad to hear not badly hurt.

I did a 39km road ride with a local bunch last night and we came home in the dark.  Made me remember how much I dislike riding on the road at night.

All good FP. I reckon some of the fall training in hapkido probably helped I broke my fall by compressing my arm holding the road and rolled over onto my back and shoulder curving my body avoiding a flat slam. Helmet never hit the road so I can keep it for another day. The master instructor was pleased to hear this and happily gave us lots of push ups to celebrate and go easy on my bruises :lol: (no sparring)

Edited by Slowman
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So got a gravel bike???

Yep Jamis Renegade Escapade. Its good maybe the reynolds 631 was not as good as a carbon at soaking up the bumps, but todays ride was epicly hard so not sure it would have mattered

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

6hrs on trainer with 14.2km run off bike.  

Still can not comprehend. 6 hrs outside is a but much for me.  That " bit much" becomes 90mins on a trainer.

Chapeau to you sir!

• Like 1
Guest Jim Shortz
8 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

6hrs on trainer with 14.2km run off bike.  

Can't wait to hear about the rides you do after the lock down crap finishes. 

Is there a 300k loop nearby? 😂👍👍

2 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

Went to ride my bike today but I didn't want to deal with the sickness and fatigue afterwards so I went to bed instead. 

Look after yourself mate.  Health first, fitness second.

Guest Jim Shortz
23 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Look after yourself mate.  Health first, fitness second.

Yeah. Cheers. 

Given up on fitness. Just some light movement would be great at the moment. Did a 7k, 20min bike ride a few days ago.... Paying for it still 

14 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

Yeah. Cheers. 

Given up on fitness. Just some light movement would be great at the moment. Did a 7k, 20min bike ride a few days ago.... Paying for it still 

Shit. Sorry, but I haven't been following.  Sorry to hear you ain't so good. Sucks when you can't do what you want 😔

• Like 2
Guest Jim Shortz
1 minute ago, BogFrog said:

Shit. Sorry, but I haven't been following.  Sorry to hear you ain't so good. Sucks when you can't do what you want 😔

Yeah. Thanks very much. 

No stress. 

Just time apparently. It's been since mid December 2019..... 

Guest Jim Shortz

Put my old saddle on the bike. Much happier. Dropped the saddle height 1mm also to compensate for the extra padding + knicks. 8k jog and a 1.2k swim 

20200926_100436.jpg

Edited by Jim Shortz
Numbers
16 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Same distance but not easy run.  Then 90mins on the bike

Well I stupidly signed up for a marathon yesterday but it's in 8wks time and I'm way off the 3.45 pace I was aiming for at Newport marathon in April (cancelled obviously).

I found a sub 4.00 16 weeks plan and jumped in at week 8. (probably dumb but it's not like I'm starting from nothing)

Out of my 21km I did do 4 x 1km at 5.10-5.15 pace, not sure if that was smart or stupid. 🤣

11 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Well I stupidly signed up for a marathon yesterday but it's in 8wks time and I'm way off the 3.45 pace I was aiming for at Newport marathon in April (cancelled obviously).

I found a sub 4.00 16 weeks plan and jumped in at week 8. (probably dumb but it's not like I'm starting from nothing)

Out of my 21km I did do 4 x 1km at 5.10-5.15 pace, not sure if that was smart or stupid. 🤣

You have a base behind you.  If things are feeling good just trust the plan and roll with it.  May surprise yourself

• Like 3
Guest Jim Shortz

28k gentle ride. No wind, beautiful morning here. 

2.5k gentle ROTB 

Swooped on the jog. One of the usual Magpies has been moved on. Probably suffered a similar fate as the Maggies on my mail round. They got belted up by Crows and had to relocate. 

Edit: feel the fatigue in my sinuses and gums. Strange but true. Probably need to take a few days off. 

Edited by Jim Shortz
Edit

1hr run at marathon pace (optimistically 5.15/km),  11.4km. Missed it by 8 secs because I was running to fast at the start and too slow at the end.  I run through trees and it screws with the Lap Pace on my 935.

1:0.08

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2
Guest Jim Shortz

Second day off training. 

Flu symptoms are here again in full effect. So no action for a few days at least. Maybe by Saturday...? But I don't want to risk it because I've got Mooj next week of the school holidays. 

Had planned a gym strength session, but work deadline overwhelmed me. 

Working on a business case for a new MTB complex in northern NSW, most interesting project I've done in ages.

Got the MTB back from the LBS tomorrow, so will give it a test run tomorrow, see if it all stays together 😬

And again today FB.  Need to get ready for hopefully some races in the new year.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Just shy of 80km ride on road then 3.5hrs on trainers.  3x3km off the bike

I know you don't race and you get satisfaction from personal goals and TTs, but if you don't race tris, why do you ROTB?  Would the 3x3km not be more fun when fresh? Or is part of the challenge doing that fatigued?

(Just trying to understand other peeps' motivations - not questioning logic or sanity!)

Guest Jim Shortz

4km walk 

Woke up with a heavy chest and a cough which produces phlegm. After yesterday's walk and Zwift no doubt. 

The Zwift was so easy... I just don't understand my bodies reaction. 

Three very short rides. Averages across the three were - 

HR 107

WATTS 125

VI 1.05 

Maximums were - 

HR 121

W 298

Averaged Max across the three. 

So it's not like I'm pushing or even working enough to build fitness. Very strange.