Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bored@work said:

You didn't want it bad enough. If you were mentally tough & got up at 3am you would have won your age group. 

WTF he lived in Port Hedland and was able to train for Ironman & turned pro!!! Super impressive. How did he do that? there is no hills in Port Hedland.

He’s one of those types that does all his efforts on the kickr.  I know this is frowned upon by some 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Value for money. 16:49:40  

Bit of a race recap History: this was my fifth Ironman to be fourth finish after a dnf in Cairns on my second crack.  I'm notorious for swimming well blowing up on the bike and walking home.

I'm back...quick race summary.. Overbike and paid for it on the run.  I really worked hard on the run to hold it together somewhat causr it could have got real ugly... Still lots of positives to

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, zed said:

tough place to train

I know he does some sessions out in the pilbaras version of altitude training at Tom Price.  I’m hoping to catch up with him in a month when I go up to Marble Bar for the Undie run at the races

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KieranR said:

He’s one of those types that does all his efforts on the kickr.  I know this is frowned upon by some 😂😂

Seems like a good guy, helped steer me toward Gilesy for coaching.  Can seriously ride a bike, his split at busso last year was insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KieranR said:

I know he does some sessions out in the pilbaras version of altitude training at Tom Price.  I’m hoping to catch up with him in a month when I go up to Marble Bar for the Undie run at the races

He’s a good bloke. Had a few beers with him and Xavier at Ironman PM last year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

Seems like a good guy, helped steer me toward Gilesy for coaching.  Can seriously ride a bike, his split at busso last year was insane.

Yeah super humble, very good swimmer too, rep water polo player previously I think

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok,

Im not bringing my family down to Busso this year as was previously planned, so im flying solo, Does anyone have a room spare in their accom bookings i could crash in, obviously happy to pay my way.  I have a cabin down at the RAC caravan park but dont need it for just myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, willie said:

Mate if you want to fill the cabin I'd be interested... looks like I might be heading accross. Wifey might come as well. 

Yep, Happy to do that too, will keep in touch.  Be warned though, i walk around in my budgies a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Ok,

Im not bringing my family down to Busso this year as was previously planned, so im flying solo, Does anyone have a room spare in their accom bookings i could crash in, obviously happy to pay my way.  I have a cabin down at the RAC caravan park but dont need it for just myself.

I did have a room but I've already offered it to someone else.  Sort of..

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Willie Vs RunBrettRun(+1.5 hours) for a large cheeseburger meal at Busso 2018.

Whats wrong with you!

it should be a large popcorn chicken from KFC for entree, then larger bacon deluxe meal from HJ's, washed down with several pints from the local

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

107 days, 16 hours. 11min and 17seconds as of a few seconds ago.  How's everyones plan coming along?

apparently Willie is down to 112kg so on the right track..? 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

****ING YEOW 😎🤘

 

Ordering the beer Mile costumes this week. 

Training is ok 

Accommodation locked and loaded. 

 

11 weeks according to Training Peaks 

But I can't see it on a graph..... So I assume that is correct....? LOL 

What are we not sharing a bed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Costumes for beer mile! I better get my act together

training wise, going well after my holidays, nailed every session last week except one night when I had to eject off the bike and stop WW3 from erupting between the kiddos.  Loving the training, and am getting fitter each week.  looking forward to breaking 17 hrs and writing an in-depth race report for prizna to read 😉

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KieranR said:

Costumes for beer mile! I better get my act together

training wise, going well after my holidays, nailed every session last week except one night when I had to eject off the bike and stop WW3 from erupting between the kiddos.  Loving the training, and am getting fitter each week.  looking forward to breaking 17 hrs and writing an in-depth race report for prizna to read 😉

I'll come back at midnight to watch you finish😛

Edited by prizna
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, zed said:

What kind of hours (and how they split) you guys doing for Busso?

For the last 8 weeks (including this one)
Avg swim - 3hours (will increase to 4.5 over the next 10 weeks)

Avg Bike - 8 hours (increase to 10-12)
Avg run - 4hr 15min (increasing to 5)

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, willie said:

until we hit the first hill and I start riding backwards? :lol: 

I'm going to be on a roadie I decided, my legs get in the road of my gut space on the TT bike

I'm defo doing it on a roadie. It's draft legal and I need the gears and handling!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...