Jump to content

Rotto swim canned - shark...


Recommended Posts

Robson didn't get pulled out during the shark incident as he wasent in that area,he pulled out himself.

He got more press on page 27 or 29 of the Sunday Times here yesterday,refering to his cheating and his DNF yesterday along with a very unflattering photo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alcatraz?

Bahaha  i heard he was actually swimming back at the time. 

Mark what are your thoughts in the current Australian cricket captain? 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Triatx said:

Robson didn't get pulled out during the shark incident as he wasent in that area,he pulled out himself.

He got more press on page 27 or 29 of the Sunday Times here yesterday,refering to his cheating and his DNF yesterday along with a very unflattering photo.

I thought it was because of the shark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Triatx said:

Robson didn't get pulled out during the shark incident as he wasent in that area,he pulled out himself.

He got more press on page 27 or 29 of the Sunday Times here yesterday,refering to his cheating and his DNF yesterday along with a very unflattering photo.

Seriously, no link or transcript!  Shame on you TTX!!

Found this one..  https://thewest.com.au/sport/athletics/race-cheat-mark-robson-has-track-record-in-uk-us-ng-b88732233z

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goughy said:

Seriously, no link or transcript!  Shame on you TTX!!

Found this one..  https://thewest.com.au/sport/athletics/race-cheat-mark-robson-has-track-record-in-uk-us-ng-b88732233z

It just gets better 

It is understood Mr Robson ran in the half-marathon under another competitor’s name, who had only paid an entry fee for the 12km race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Seriously, no link or transcript!  Shame on you TTX!!

Found this one..  https://thewest.com.au/sport/athletics/race-cheat-mark-robson-has-track-record-in-uk-us-ng-b88732233z

I would love to be on the start line waiting to get into the water with this guy buy my side. My first comment would be......you even think about getting into the water and I will f&*% you up big time!!!! :)

 

This guy is a pratt!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Amen to that!  Curious how he was allowed to keep swimming.  It just goes to show that it must have taken organisers quite a while to pull the pin on the selected swimmers to get out.  If they had an exclusion zone of 1 km, how long does it take to swim a km doing butterfly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

If they had an exclusion zone of 1 km, how long does it take to swim a km doing butterfly?

Around 22 minutes going by his time of 7hrs 20min. 

How far can a GW swim in the same time? Probably close to 10km. That's what makes pulling the swimmers from that 1km zone seem silly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Top of my bucket list is to go on one of those Great White diving trips.  I'd even be tempted to go outside the cage like Gopro Girl.  Doubt they'd let you though.

I think there are certain periods where GWs are more docile and it can also depend on the sex. My South African mate has been free diving for 25+ years in SA and now WA and has had over 30 encounters with GWs, fascinating listening to him. He reckons juveniles and immature adults can be handled with relative easy and he is OKish with being in the water with them, but when a large adult 4m+ rocks up he gets out. He keeps on trying to get me to go freediving with him "if a shark hassles you, just prod him with your speargun" I've politely declined and will continue to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stikman said:

From the OWS coach of our little firend:

STS_Comment.PNG.614d11a43011b51e80aba790b4d15dfe.PNG

Surely this is a genius joke she's been setting us up for?

Yeah just saw that. The irony is obviously lost on her.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stikman said:

From the OWS coach of our little firend:

STS_Comment.PNG.614d11a43011b51e80aba790b4d15dfe.PNG

Surely this is a genius joke she's been setting us up for?

Oh my lord. That is freaking incredible. 

Yes good on you STS for calling out all cheats. Well, all but one who pays to be in your squad. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say it.  The open water swimming community is fully of weirdos.

The longer they swim, the weirder they are.

Shelley is vice president of the weirdo club.  This facebook post by her proves it.

Defends a multiple caught cheat and then do this for someone that's probably does a one off long swim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go for it I say!  Maybe some of the posts in this thread need to be moved to the "guilty by association" thread?  I remember he saying that the person reported about isn't the person she knows - maybe that's because he's a liar and she doesn't know the person at all?  Maybe there's more going on between them and she doesn't want to admit that she's been shafted?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shes doubling down as they say. 

 

Quote

 

Since my earlier post #RottoSwim #SharkSaga ...

1f92b.png🤫 it’s been reported to me that a swim coach who swam Solo, finished & received #RottoChannel Solo medal and kit... whilst in the #SharkSaga exclusion zone... (yep I’m still shaking my head too... you were told to get out of the water and it confirmed your solo swim was over but you swam on!!!)

1f92d.png🤭then admit out loud at the finish line to your fellow solo swimmers - who were forced to vacate the water and now have #DNF after being advised that the event was cancelled by the #RCSAofficial on the radio
... “we stayed in the water in the exclusion zone... and then swam on as normal.”

1f92d.png🤭 Be very careful... you may be asked to sign a stat dec and if you lie you will be jailed... and may have a criminal record...

1f64f.png🙏 so please let go of your ego and consider the ripple effect on your family, children and career!

... stay tuned I’m sure there is more to come!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

She's a swimming coach - she doesn't care about running races, or tricathalons.  As long as he doesn't cheat in the swim................

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Be very careful... you may be asked to sign a stat dec and if you lie you will be jailed... and may have a criminal record...

Told you she was farking nuts.  I can' post to her page as not a friend and neither would I want to be.

But seriously.  Its (Open water swimming) a nothing sport.  It's what people do on weekends.

She's obviously very upset by it.

I would assume one of her athletes got beaten by someone and now shes claiming they didn't swim the whole way.  

I suppose it's an alternating on saying they are on drugs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Has anyone posted that on her FB page. If it's a public page, I'll do it. 

I posted something about Mark Robson on her page, stating he shouldn't be allowed to compete, citing the multiple reasons why. She was quite vocal in her disagreement and went on to publish a separate post something about online bullying, not mentioning me, but mentioning a journalist, newsreader and the two newspapers concerned. I then got an aggressive FB message from a mate of Marks (Tim Silbert) saying I would be responsible if he killed himself. Note I merely stated that Mark should not be allowed to compete, there was nothing personal; or derogatory, in my post. 

I think in some warped way he enjoys the attention and enjoys being a kind of antihero. STS claimed he has been victimised so I'd imagine his friends and squad mates have rallied around him and he's also enjoying that attention too. 

Edited by zed
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He loves it......it gets him the attention he wouldn't get as a normal athlete otherwise.

As for Shelley.......as I said before totally delusional.

Clearly cant see the irony of her calling out a cheat.

I have no more,i suspect Robson is here to entertain us for a long time yet.!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Triatx said:

He loves it......it gets him the attention he wouldn't get as a normal athlete otherwise.

As for Shelley.......as I said before totally delusional.

Clearly cant see the irony of her calling out a cheat.

I have no more,i suspect Robson is here to entertain us for a long time yet.!!!!

Yup :)

Do you know if he's reg'd for Busso?

 

I'm just going to let him do his thing, he's obviously a very unwell chap.

 

Edited by zed
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/its-under-the-boat-its-under-the-boat-rotto-swimmer-tells-of-moment-he-spotted-great-white-shark-20180226-h0woc1.html

So the swimmer that spotted the shark (it swam underneath him!) and whose team notified officials was able to finish his solo because by the time officials made the call he had swum far enough to be outside the 1km exclusion zone! :o No wonder people were pissed that they got pulled out. :wallbash: On another note he's a nutter, swam butterfly the whole way in 7hrs 20min. :o

gw

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, zed said:

Yup :)

Do you know if he's reg'd for Busso?

 

I'm just going to let him do his thing, he's obviously a very unwell chap.

 

 

15 minutes ago, Triatx said:

And Dumb as a bag of hammers !!

ZED he isn't at the moment,hes been told he is not welcome.....but.

Just volunteer for the day.  Remove his bike shoes whilst the swim is on. You actually only need to move one shoe about 6 bikes over.  Will never find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zed said:

I posted something about Mark Robson on her page, stating he shouldn't be allowed to compete, citing the multiple reasons why. She was quite vocal in her disagreement and went on to publish a separate post something about online bullying, not mentioning me, but mentioning a journalist, newsreader and the two newspapers concerned. I then got an aggressive FB message from a mate of Marks (Tim Silbert) saying I would be responsible if he killed himself. Note I merely stated that Mark should not be allowed to compete, there was nothing personal; or derogatory, in my post. 

I think in some warped way he enjoys the attention and enjoys being a kind of antihero. STS claimed he has been victimised so I'd imagine his friends and squad mates have rallied around him and he's also enjoying that attention too. 

I messaged her & got no response

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so a guy can be caught cheating multiple times, be banned by organising bodies multiple times, but call him a cheat and you're a bully.......i've got a kid here scratching up his arms and baning his head into walls but i should be worried about a shit cheater cause calling him as he is is being to ****ing hard on him.......well **** him.  he made his choice.  she reckons that that's not the person she knows.  that's because he's ****ing lying to her and she's sucking down the gatorade he's giving to her.  so she's either gullible or ****ing stupid but if she's gonna call out cheats and leave him in her squad then she's as full of it as he is.

if you can't take the consequences of your actions then don't take the ****ing actions.

Edited by goughy
Edited because BogFrog deserved better from me. Thanks for the "Gibbs head slap"
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gregorywannabe said:

 

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/its-under-the-boat-its-under-the-boat-rotto-swimmer-tells-of-moment-he-spotted-great-white-shark-20180226-h0woc1.html

So the swimmer that spotted the shark (it swam underneath him!) and whose team notified officials was able to finish his solo because by the time officials made the call he had swum far enough to be outside the 1km exclusion zone! :o No wonder people were pissed that they got pulled out. :wallbash: On another note he's a nutter, swam butterfly the whole way in 7hrs 20min. :o

gw

What this tells me is..... if I lead the pack in the swim at Port and call shark but keep swimming......by the time the officials react and call everyone out of the water except for me as I have passed the exclusion zone.....I may jag an ironman title...hmmm.

Problem is I have no chance of leading any swim at Port

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I messaged her & got no response

 

I think she got it!!

 

Quote

 

#Forevergrateful being the daughter of working class parents... 
and more so for lessons learned from #trueblue #Aussie #thegodfather Mal Brown (who stepped into my Dad's shoes when I lost my hero at only 15yrs old)...

It's so good that one can draw strength from your life mentors whenever you want... as I also remember the sincere words of my #Aquaclub swim #HeadCoach Kevin Duff "Shells, shoulders back, tits up!"...

and... thankful for my broad shoulders that developed as an athlete then in the role for FINA & IOC as FINA Hon Secretary for #OpenWaterSwimmingadministering the sport globally 2000-2009, committee member 2009-2013, Athletes representative 1991-2000, athletes Chairperson 1999-2000.

So today I received this FB PM... "Shelley - you seem to be annoyed with people who were evacuated from the swim but u still coached a known cheater in Mark Robson. As you say endurance communities are small in Australia & reputations are easily tarnished. Can you please explain the difference between Mark & the Rotto swimmers on the weekend."

Fair Suck of the Sav (aka Sausage) #FSS... with regards to the #RottoChannel2018 #SharkSaga Annoyed nope. Standing Up for those with no voice YES!!!!! That is the role of a coach... #dutyofcare for your athlete. #mentalhealth #RUOK.

#Donotengage #Delete #MoveOn

 

#hypocrite

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, roxii said:

and... thankful for my broad shoulders that developed as an athlete then in the role for FINA & IOC as FINA Hon Secretary for #OpenWaterSwimmingadministering the sport globally 2000-2009, committee member 2009-2013, Athletes representative 1991-2000, athletes Chairperson 1999-2000.

I asked a question about cheating, not for her CV.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

 

In a sign of strength and support for Mark & Shelly, I'll putting my fins out the front tonight

#finsout4mark #finsout4shelly

#dutyofcare what a load of BS

 

I'd put mine out too, but I can't remember where I hid them at the last race.

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

I asked a question about cheating, not for her CV.

And with a CV like that, I hope she is 

 

26 minutes ago, roxii said:

Standing Up for those with no voice

and forcing the organisers to give refunds or free entry to next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...