Jump to content

Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Turts said:

Hmm maybe it's a stuff up on dates?

No way there will be the last OD race on the 8th and then announcing the team on the 12th. Takes a while longer to sort out results and points! 

Nope the dates are correct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4th for me today in the stinking hot duathlon, happy with that considering I'm a swimmer from Victoria.  Pro tip: if you don't shower before flying home, you get a row to yourself 

You could always go crosstri. There is an ITU worlds for them too.  I raced the Nationals at Crackenback yesterday. Picked up bronze in the cross tri and silver in the aquathon.    Then

that would be for all of the events at TWC: OD, Sprint, (para?).... ie There were 724 applications for the OD team (including those who missed out and those listed as reserves) with 526 being suc

Posted Images

17 hours ago, ashley_s said:

Oh no, I didn’t realise the application process closed off on Monday. They are saying no late applications. Well I just stuffed up the whole year. 

As a friend of mine would write, buggerbuggerbuggershitarsebum

Hope you aren't too upset over it :'(

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ashley_s said:

Oh no, I didn’t realise the application process closed off on Monday. They are saying no late applications. Well I just stuffed up the whole year. 

 

53 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

As a friend of mine would write, buggerbuggerbuggershitarsebum

Hope you aren't too upset over it :'(

Don't worry. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I think this just means you have to save up a bit of money & travel to Switzerland next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Nope the dates are correct. 

Even worse is the CrossTri. 

Applications closed 28 March

Preliminary team announced 9 April

Last race is in WA, on 22 April.   So most likely people who haven't been able to do any of the other 3 races (Crackenback, Tassie and bendigo).

So basically, you need to cough up the $75 on the hope that the race goes ahead, and you finish.  

(becuase basically if you finish I think you'd make the team if you wanted to). 

Then again, you get $55 back if you don't make the team. 

$20 gamble - done worse!

Link to post
Share on other sites

They've been using them for years.  I think the extension isn't allowed to extend further forward than the front most point of your brake levers, and the extensions must have a joint between them.  At least for the ITU dudes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rog said:

Just saw a lot of the pros using them on Commonwealth games do they get special rules?

Yeah it's different. Also not allowed wheels with less than a certain number of spokes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2018 at 10:17 AM, trifun said:

Anyone have a link to the entry list for St Kilda?

Is it likely to be a wetsuit swim?

Any other intel?

Working on "permission to go away for the weekend"...... this may involve painting all the bedrooms in my house by next wednesday

Hey trifun, did you get the painting done?  If so all the best for tomorrow 🏊‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🏃‍♀️💨

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rog said:

Yes aren't all races going to be draft legal?

 

2 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Maybe I should have looked into this?

Just the sprint is draft legal AFAIK

They wouldn't have us racing TT to qualify and then change the rules for the main event surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

 

Just the sprint is draft legal AFAIK

They wouldn't have us racing TT to qualify and then change the rules for the main event surely?

The sprint is draft legal, the oly is not.  Having said that, only a couple of the sprint qualifiers were draft legal so your second question is still valid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2018 at 1:40 PM, ashley_s said:

Oh no, I didn’t realise the application process closed off on Monday. They are saying no late applications. Well I just stuffed up the whole year. 

F@#$

On 07/04/2018 at 1:24 PM, Rog said:

Yes aren't all races going to be draft legal?

No

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a little peruse of the results from Melbourne.  Noticed that it appears the mid range, just out of the 25 people, took the opportunity of trying to get better point spreads.  Should be some movement around that area.. think trifun may have scrapped in.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Just had a little peruse of the results from Melbourne.  Noticed that it appears the mid range, just out of the 25 people, took the opportunity of trying to get better point spreads.  Should be some movement around that area.. think trifun may have scrapped in.  

Do you have a link to the results ? I can’t seem to find them 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2018 at 4:51 PM, Cat Lady said:

Hey trifun, did you get the painting done?  If so all the best for tomorrow 🏊‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🏃‍♀️💨

enough to get me a leave pass for a weekend trip to St Kilda :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

Just had a little peruse of the results from Melbourne.  Noticed that it appears the mid range, just out of the 25 people, took the opportunity of trying to get better point spreads.  Should be some movement around that area.. think trifun may have scrapped in.  

 
 

 yeah should have made up for those two lousy results at the start of the series when I was crook, finish would have been better with out that 3:15 min penalty when some tool I had just passed and was 6 min in ahead of (wave starts) cut inside on the uturn then  droppedin infront of me coming out of the northern turn around and I was the one penalised by the draft buster (then the sin bin marshal could not get her stop watch going @#$%, guy who came in to the box after me got timed by the other bloke and was released before me  @#$%).

 

Anyhow I should be right (depends how many age up in front of me ???? - won't know that until Thursday night though - I know of 2 but expect a couple more).

Edited by trifun
e
Link to post
Share on other sites
So good folk of transitions ; riddle me this........
 
Racer P and racer B are tied in 25th position on 47 points.
 
Racer B : 15,14,17,8
Racer P: 19,8,2,16,11
 
 
The rule book states that in this situation the following criteria apply in priority order:
 
The athlete that has competed in the most number of events 
The highest placing in any individual event
The athlete who was most recently an age group WC competitor
The athlete who in the opinion of the selection committee has the greater chance of placing higher in the 210 WC
 
 
Given data to support points 3 & 4 are unknown for both - if the first two are known then do the last two criteria  apply ?
 
Who in your opinion would get the nod - or is more data needed ? 
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, workinglikeadog said:
So good folk of transitions ; riddle me this........
 
Racer P and racer B are tied in 25th position on 47 points.
 
Racer B : 15,14,17,8
Racer P: 19,8,2,16,11
 
 
The rule book states that in this situation the following criteria apply in priority order:
 
The athlete that has competed in the most number of events 
The highest placing in any individual event
The athlete who was most recently an age group WC competitor
The athlete who in the opinion of the selection committee has the greater chance of placing higher in the 210 WC
 
 
Given data to support points 3 & 4 are unknown for both - if the first two are known then do the last two criteria  apply ?
 
Who in your opinion would get the nod - or is more data needed ? 

I'd be hoping someone forgot to put in their application.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

The athlete who was most recently an age group WC competitor

This is one I am shocked at. I thought they'd be all about giving the most people the experience of representing Australia as possible. Remembering we are talking about a person who is equal 25th on the tally, so we're probably not talking someone with a chance of podiuming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

This is one I am shocked at. I thought they'd be all about giving the most people the experience of representing Australia as possible. Remembering we are talking about a person who is equal 25th on the tally, so we're probably not talking someone with a chance of podiuming.

Agree but are we assuming that prior participation is a positive? ;)

and is it the third criteria is used sequentially if the first @ second can’t split them ?

thats my point of confusion do all 4 points get factored in simultaneously  or sequentialy ....

Edited by workinglikeadog
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, workinglikeadog said:

Agree but are we assuming that prior participation is a positive? ;)

and is it the third criteria is used sequentially if the first @ second can’t split them ?

thats my point of confusion do all 4 points get factored in simultaneously  or sequentialy ....

If this is correct,

Quote

The rule book states that in this situation the following criteria apply in priority order:

Then in sequential order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, workinglikeadog said:

Agree but are we assuming that prior participation is a positive? ;)

and is it the third criteria is used sequentially if the first @ second can’t split them ?

thats my point of confusion do all 4 points get factored in simultaneously  or sequentialy ....

I would say sequentially. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, workinglikeadog said:

Cheers all ; guess all wil be revealed on Thursday.....

Racer P should have his / her fingers crossed :)

I'm assuming you are Racer P???

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, ashley_s said:

Oh no, I didn’t realise the application process closed off on Monday. They are saying no late applications. Well I just stuffed up the whole year. 

I'm a big believer that things always happen for a reason...  You probably don't really know why, and might be feeling a bit ripped off at the moment, but there's more than likely a reason you missed out.  Congrat's, you may have just dodged a bullet!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, good luck to everyone else hoping for a spot on the team.  World Champs are good fun and, although a little bit pricey, are something a bit different to your average triathlon.  It will also be great having so many from this site all competing at the one event.  It might be a great time for a Tranny catch up...  I'm starting to wish I was going! :thumbsup: 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew Looks like I’ll scrape in !! Currently 13th on 64 points , I decided to save a grand and not race St Kilda ,lucky I’m on old bastard and makes qualifying heaps easier , although it’s doesn’t seem fair you race in your current age group but qualify in the age group above depending on your age, gives you a huge advantage! Oh well I guess I’ll wait until tomorrow 😡

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, plugga said:

Phew Looks like I’ll scrape in !! Currently 13th on 64 points , I decided to save a grand and not race St Kilda ,lucky I’m on old bastard and makes qualifying heaps easier , although it’s doesn’t seem fair you race in your current age group but qualify in the age group above depending on your age, gives you a huge advantage! Oh well I guess I’ll wait until tomorrow 😡

Scrape in??? Made it easy.

Aging up doesnt always give and advantage. I'm doing that and my placings dropped from either 2 or 3 to about 5 or 6 in a couple of races. Tough old girls!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it in at number 16, (yay) and, for those of you who are FB Friends with me would know that, this would have normally been on my status several times by now with a green and gold background, etc etc but it's bitter sweet for me as 2 of my closest friends who were trying to qualify, didn't make it. I feel like I'd be rubbing their noses in it :(

So super excited, especially after race 1  I tore my ATFL and thought my chances were over, but just not publicly excited.

Congratulations to everyone else who made it in.  I'm keen for a catch up race week. Great idea. 

Edited by Cranky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I made it in at number 16, (yay) and, for those of you who are FB Friends with me would know that, this would have normally been on my status several times by now with a green and gold background, etc etc but it's bitter sweet for me as 2 of my closest friends who were trying to qualify, didn't make it. I feel like I'd be rubbing their noses in it :(

So super excited, especially after race 1  I tore my ATFL and thought my chances were over, but just not publicly excited.

Congratulations to everyone else who made it in.  I'm keen for a catch up race week. Great idea. 

Booked your van site at the tourist park?

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...