Ultimate Callala?

Not this year. I’ve done a few times. A great swim and solid bike. I really enjoy this one. The missus enjoyed last time as we won at the clubs Friday night meat raffle. 

Have fun

FM

PS: And the finishers towels are the best of any race I have received. Big and thick. 

Edited by Flanman

In for the sprint on Saturday. Taking the family (wife, daughter, son-in-law, 3 grand daughters) done to an Air BNB beach house hire for an extended long weekend.

Depending on how I back up (from the Sprint and also from the turps on Saturday night) I may likely attempt an entry on the day for the Club Race on Sunday ...

40 minutes ago, Sebee said:

i'm in for my first (very undercooked) longer distance race in 12mnths. You'll see me in the hurt locker somewhere around the 45km mark on the bike Monkie

After you've smashed the swim though ;)

Did the sprint. Second in the fat bastards category ... again ... winner trotted past me at the 3km mark ... again!!

My daughter took a picture of me shaking his hand at presso, which I’m going to print out and put in front of my kickr in my pain cave over summer as motivation alla Lionel Sanders 😂 

Que in the rack for the weekend. Not backing up for another race tomorrow, but will likely cycle out to Currawong in the morning...

ps. Swim was freaking cold (15.6 degrees), but at least Emo didn’t cancel it due to unfavourable conditions. Hallelujah 

• Like 2

Popped down to the finish today to see the folk coming over the line for the Xterra races in the afternoon. Beautiful spot. The beach is to die for! Looking forward to the morning. I'll have a yellow hoodie on so come say hi!

• Like 1

I did the Xterra sprint on sat, was great. It was super windy creating a bit of a swell so they reversed the swim direction, having us swim with the wind, couldn't see the exit flag and ended up getting out 100m downstream with a few others. It was my first off road race and I have a 1997 model KonaExplosif bikewhich turned out to be out of its depth against all the modern carbon 29ers, I have zero off road skills either so plenty went past, particularly on the technical bits.Run was flat and fun, came 3rd dinosaur out if 5. Going back next year

• Like 1
On 09/12/2017 at 2:38 AM, Andrew #1 said:

Did the sprint. Second in the fat bastards category ... again ... winner trotted past me at the 3km mark ... again!!

My daughter took a picture of me shaking his hand at presso, which I’m going to print out and put in front of my kickr in my pain cave over summer as motivation alla Lionel Sanders 😂 

usa-romania-olympics-2012-mckayla-maroney-sandra-izbasa-1366x768-wallpaper.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/9/2017 at 1:38 PM, Andrew #1 said:

Just don't train so hard you train yourself out of the "fat bastards" category!  :lol::lol:

20 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

how was the swim, crystal clear or weed ?

Quite clear, not much weed at all. 

Raced Saturday arvo in the Xterra - that was fun. Then backed up on Sunday morning for the club distance event, a good hit out on tired legs.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:43 AM, nealo said:

Just don't train so hard you train yourself out of the "fat bastards" category!  :lol::lol:

I’m carbo loading on chocolate, 2 bottles of wine per night and pasta to make sure I stay above race weight over festivus!

• Like 2