Podcasts - What's everyone listening to?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just listened to Greg Bennett’s latest with Macca, another mention of non selection for Sydney, that must be every episode

DC Rainmaker has rebooted his podcast. His co host is now gplama. Worth a listen if you are interested in techy stuff.

I went - it was good! I think Anna drank at least three glasses of wine while on stage. I'm glad they did about 45 minutes of other stuff besides the podcast - made it a bit better value.

Posted Images

I’m listening to Ear Hustle at the moment. 
it’s about prison life. It’s produced inside San Quentin prison.

its very well produced and real easy to listen to. The hosts are a female volunteer who works in the prison and an inmate.

its pretty much an “everything you wanted to know about prison life but didn’t know who to ask” 

it doesn’t glorify anything in fact quite the opposite. 

really enjoying it even though some is pretty gritty and a little confronting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

‘You ain’t seen nothing yet’ with Pete Hellier.  He interviews guests after they watch some of the classic movies for the first time.  Ie Waleed Ally gives his verdict on Star Wars after seeing it for the first time ever   

If you have a spare 6 hours or so at a time - like I have recently when driving around regional nsw - then  I recommend Harccore History by Dan Carlin. Someone mentioned one of his series - on Ghengis Khan - but there are many others. All high caliber. 

15 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

If you have a spare 6 hours or so at a time - like I have recently when driving around regional nsw - then  I recommend Harccore History by Dan Carlin. Someone mentioned one of his series - on Ghengis Khan - but there are many others. All high caliber. 

When he starts releasing a new series my advice is to wait until the whole series is available. He will only release an episode every 4+ months and you forget what was covered in the previous episode. He is currently slowly releasing a series on Japan and the war in the Pacific.

His series Wrath of the Khans on Chinggis Khaan and his decedents is really interesting. Here in Mongolia Chinggis Khaan is a hero. The airport, main road and main square are all named after him. My favourite beer and vodka are both named after him.

I can also recommend the Hardcore History on WW1 - Blueprint for Armageddon.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

When he starts releasing a new series my advice is to wait until the whole series is available. He will only release an episode every 4+ months and you forget what was covered in the previous episode. He is currently slowly releasing a series on Japan and the war in the Pacific.

His series Wrath of the Khans on Chinggis Khaan and his decedents is really interesting. Here in Mongolia Chinggis Khaan is a hero. The airport, main road and main square are all named after him. My favourite beer and vodka are both named after him.

I can also recommend the Hardcore History on WW1 - Blueprint for Armageddon.

So far I’ve listened to the Caesar’s tour guide to Gaul - The Celtic Holocaust and Destroyer of Worlds. Both 6 hours and complete. I can’t wait to listen to the Supernova in the East series concerning the ja-she’s maritime empire and WW2. In the meantime I plan on listening to King of Kings - about ancient Persia and the Khans series. 

17 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

So far I’ve listened to the Caesar’s tour guide to Gaul - The Celtic Holocaust and Destroyer of Worlds. Both 6 hours and complete. I can’t wait to listen to the Supernova in the East series concerning the ja-she’s maritime empire and WW2. In the meantime I plan on listening to King of Kings - about ancient Persia and the Khans series. 

There is a one-off episode he did about torture. Don't listen to that anywhere near a meal time.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, Andrew #1 said:

+1 - Really enjoy his stuff

On 29/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, Peter said:

Greg Bennett podcasts are pretty good.  Once you get past the first 5 minutes of advertising.

The one with Jamie Hunt was excellent.  (Excellent itu guy in his day and then started 2XU)

If he stopped talking about himself and “ my wife Laura” for half the podcast it might be a bit more listenable, same reminiscing every week, lost count how many times he’s told his story on missing out on the Sydney Olympics

Hi everyone - absolute newbie here (so much so that this is actually my first post) - have set myself a new years resolution of completing my first (and hopefully a couple) of Sprint Distance events this year with the vision of doing a full distance Tri later in the year or next year!

It's not a podcast, but I'm currently listening to Barack Obama's book "A Promised Land" on Audible which is quite good.  It's VERY long - like 30 hours.... and whilst I find him a fantastic speaker, his slow manner of speaking isn't particularly great when trying to exercise, but it's still a very good listen for anyone interested.

• Like 1