So I don’t have any tatoos however..... I am over at Miranda with my son, the missus, my daughter in law and her mum. They are all getting tatoos (all different). 

So who has tatoos ? Have you got any with the family ?

FM

She has wanted to get one for years. As for my son and DIL, they lost a baby at about 14 weeks during the pregnancy - they called it Nugget until then. They both got a tattoo each with Nugget - to never forget. 

FM

• Like 2

My wife would have one but she knows I hate them.

Only tats I could ever consider would be my kids names, or the Olympic rings, and I sure as shit ain't gonna make any Olympic team to justify that one.

After Forster in 97 (when Ironman was Ironman!!!!), a groups of Uni mates and I did a two week pub crawl back to Melbourne along the Coast. We were all going to get a small M-dot tattoos, with the Australian flag and space enough for other flags of other Ironman races we would do around it.

Walked into the Parlour (never trust anything that goes on inside somewhere called a "Parlour") in Manly about 1:00am and the guy there told us to come back in the morning if we were serious. Wise words.

Still don't have one and think I will be one of the few to have none when I die. Each to their own, but not for me.

11 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Still don't have one and think I will be one of the few to have none when I die.

I'll be joining you. My wife as well. She has such an aversion to needles that if she decided to get one, it would just be a single blue dot, as the needle would only go in once & that would be it.

I would suggest 75% of my back is taken up by one, a koi fish done by a random Phillipino boilermaker in a stingy camp donga in the Sth west of New Caledonia where power was intermittent at best, 7.5 hours sitting in my chair while he drew on my back with needles.  Stencil was put on using a brut Deoderent stick!  Not my wisest decision I’ve ever made! And quite possibly the reason I no longer drink alcohol!  Telling my wife what I had done while in a foreign country and she was 7.5 months pregnant was interesting......her reaction wasn’t good!

i have a few others also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About to book in & get more ink done. Just waiting on my tattoo artist to find some spare time.  I'll probably end up with a half sleeve.  All my tattoos  on my arm are about my daughter 

1, - Her name 

2, - Her eye 

3, Her finger print

4, A squid (her nick name) 

5, A Monkey (her other nickname & she was born in the year of the dragon

6, My great grandads fob watch with the time my daughter was born

7, A hibiscus flower - her favourite flower 

Next session will probably be 

The first ultra sound image of her & her first recorded heart bear.

I also said she can pick something that represents "Us", something that is special about us or something we love doing together. She wants me to get a donut tattoo (we love going out for donuts & coffee) 

Have a half sleeve and another on my chest.  Intention is to get the other half sleeve and have something in mind for a thigh as well.

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but everything I have has a meaning and represents something to me. To be honest, I have no care as to what others think about them. They are for me, not them.

My wife also has a few (mostly on her back). All of them, both hers and mine, can be pretty much covered with clothing if need be.

That's what I was wondering about. Just how much of an effect on jobs do tattoos have these days? While I hate them, it wouldn't really have had a bearing on me employing someone. But are they more accepted these days? 

34 minutes ago, goughy said:

That's what I was wondering about. Just how much of an effect on jobs do tattoos have these days? While I hate them, it wouldn't really have had a bearing on me employing someone. But are they more accepted these days? 

I select Engineers for network planning roles. I get very few people get to interview that have them (at least visible), but I suppose that is more the type of person getting through, rather than the tattoo restricting selection. I suppose if I had a candidate come through with full body tat's or something distasteful or obscene, it would influence me. Hopefully though if they appeared the best for the job I'd still select them.

57 minutes ago, goughy said:

I wear suits daily, and if jacket off, long sleeve shirts so in reality no one at work would know I have any.  Having said that, they are sometimes visible through the shirt............but then again so is my hirsuteness ;)

Would very rarely, if ever wear polo shirts and / or casual gear to work or work functions.

This is just me, but I would employ someone with visible tattoos before I would employ anyone with jewellery stuck into their face. Dunno why but it annoys me no end, especially eyebrow rings. LOL

1 hour ago, goughy said:

I'd only be looking at them in customer facing roles.  I'm more concerned about looking for yellowing around the finger nails and nervous twitches to keep the smokers out

Not that we can discriminate on either of course

Maybe if the Ultra  right conservatives in the LNP get their SSM bill through we might be able to discriminate against them.

Not a piercing person either. In fact my wife is the first person I dated who had pierced ears, and she pretty much never wears them either. I can just stand one set of ear piercings, but anywhere else...... Blech.  But one apprentice approached me that he wanted one in his nose (upside down horse shoe thing through the middle bit). I appreciated that he asked first and told him as long as I could drag him around by it if he stuffs something up.