17 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

When I did this race 2 years ago some guy yelled at me from the side of the road "get back to bondi you hipster".  Being from the gold coast I had no idea what he was on about. 

haha I like a good heckle!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curious how you don't read many posts saying: good solid prep- totally injury free as I've been doing my core exercises.  Nutrition nailed in training - Time to roll the dice and rock ! 😂

For someone that was totally underdone and overweight, I was pleased with my efforts on the day. Good swim (in @ 42% the field); good bike - (in @ 54% of the field) and as usual, slow as anything on t

Swim went well, bike went well, had no legs in the run as expected. Set out of T2 with Mick Ennis, but that lasted about 1k.  Forgot my garmin and HRM so was doing all on feel. I once forgot my c

Posted Images

Sorry I thought you were asking if there would be much difference in a swim time between the two.

The buoyancy you get from a wetsuit would make you swim a lot faster than a speed suit.  Speed suit just reduces the friction a tri suit would have on the water but give you no buoyancy 

Officially started taper week.

Alternating between bricking it (I think that's the technical term...) and excitement.

I'll be in a blue and pink tri suit and bright orange runners, say hello on your way past!

• Like 1

During the season, as soon as mine dries, it gets put back inside it's mesh bag, which lives inside my race bag. That way it is always there. 

Ever the eternal optimist - well when it comes to wetsuit optional swims anyway! :P

Looking for some help. I will be travelling down from Newcastle on Saturday morning and may go straight to rego and bike check in at regatta centre. Will the road around the lake be open for me to check bike is ok after trip down? Only looking for 15 minute ride if possible and would prefer to not go out on road as I would assume it will be busy with people coming and going and maybe not so focused (nerves etc)?

Thanks

NSF

9 hours ago, Badger2501 said:

4 swims and 5 runs. Hope I can finish 

You’ll be a head of me. Totally underdone. I am using this as a springboard for next year (I’ll decide on the day whether it’s a dive or belly flop).

FM

PS: Badge, we are in the same AG and Tri Club 

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Flanman said:

You’ll be a head of me. Totally underdone. I am using this as a springboard for next year (I’ll decide on the day whether it’s a dive or belly flop).

FM

PS: Badge, we are in the same AG and Tri Club 

Hi Flanman

i See that you are only 4 months younger than me. I must know you. Forgive me

Paul Burgess 

On 11/22/2017 at 4:49 AM, The new guy said:

Is the regatta centre fed by the hawekesbury, therefore brackish water, partially salt water??

On 11/22/2017 at 7:50 AM, MissJess said:

Not fed by the Hawkesbury, completely fresh water.

Water for the Regatta Centre would be pumped from the Hawkesbury/Nepean. It wouldn't be replenished from run-off or town water. The water is fresh that far upstream and well beyond the tidal limit.

1 hour ago, Paul Every said:

Water for the Regatta Centre would be pumped from the Hawkesbury/Nepean. It wouldn't be replenished from run-off or town water. The water is fresh that far upstream and well beyond the tidal limit.

So there could be bull sharks in there?

37 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Curious how you don't read many posts saying: good solid prep- totally injury free as I've been doing my core exercises.  Nutrition nailed in training - Time to roll the dice and rock ! 😂

For me that will be 2018.

FM

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

That's because those guys don't have time to be on forums. Too busy ticking the boxes

Edited by bumcrackjack
  • Like 1