Challenge Shep - Who is racing?

Challenge Shep Triathlon festival is on this weekend.  As well as the traditional Half distance, there is also a Sprint Distance and Classic Distance events on the Sunday.

Saturday includes the Kids Tri, Enticer Tri, Run event (4km / 8km).

Not racing, but will be back helping out as Transition Director again.  Come and say G'day.  Will be the fat, old bloke ordering people around. Will have my Trannie Hat

Good luck to anyone racing.

Cheers

Ayto

Hey Ayto, can you take a squizz at lachies new bike, at the behind the seat cage holder he's got. I'm thinking of grabbing one of them but don't know if they're any good... :)

pretty sure i passed just before end of ride??? 

Love the venue. didnt love the temperature. 

Grass was nice and soft for my impromptu lay down half an hour after the finish. Thanks to the medical staff and passersby and Ayto for the assistance and hospital visit.

• Like 3

It is temporary and he did tell me what he was going onto, but for the life of me I can't remember.

No doubt Lachie will be along at some stage to update.

PS - he had a great race yesterday and rode particularly well.

Another great race down at Shep and always great to see Mr and Mrs Ayto!

I had some tummy issues during the week which reared their head a bit on race day with vomiting on the bike and other end on the run so ultimately pretty happy to walk away with 5th.

The 20m draft zone is great in theory but useless if not even close to enforced. See my coach's (Grant Giles) Facebook page for a little vid with my thoughts on the matter at the end...

Yep, was on a Shiv thanks to Chris down at Cyclespeed here in Melbourne. Currently have a Factor on order so hopefully will be ready in the not too distant future. The Shiv is definitely a nice bike though and can't complain!

• Like 1

They were not all at 20, in most cases at least 15. They at least looked committed to staying reasonably spaced. When the distance was closer it was easier to judge. Appreciate this does not make it any easier for those who were disadvantaged by it.

Did not see anyone in the box. There were some AG who on their own were not making 30 Kmh but ended up with 34 Km h bike splits. 

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, willie said:

How many of these crazy things have you done since Davenport? I didn't know you were still racing em. Those long finishes are the hardest IMO. 

cheers mate. think this is 5 since Devonport but has been 3 or 4 years since last. Making a comeback after some life changes. And last time at Shep was a DNF so was there to make ammends. Did that and finished. It just came back and bit me on the arse hard 45 minutes later.

Distances may have not looked 20 but was far less blatant cheating than ive seen before. From the TO group im in there was one infringement. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

They were not all at 20, in most cases at least 15. They at least looked committed to staying reasonably spaced. When the distance was closer it was easier to judge. Appreciate this does not make it any easier for those who were disadvantaged by it.

Did not see anyone in the box. There were some AG who on their own were not making 30 Kmh but ended up with 34 Km h bike splits. 

Where ya been Baz?

A guy who rides with our bunch in Karratha every couple of weeks (Lives in Melbourne) raced as a warm up for Busso and did a 4:17 at Challenge Shep on the weekend - Jake Riley

Also ran Melb Marathon a few weeks back and did 2:55 - Qualified for Boston with that.

Hopefully he KQ's at Busso , he did a couple of years ago but knocked it back, think he got best bike split at busso back then.