Kona race day thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"clearly"??  

He limps coz he has gigantic big balls! LETS GO LIONEL!

Rosie finished in 14.52, I saw some pics of her running with her friend and she looked comfortable and happy.  She was a doubtful starter earlier in the week with the flu, so it was really good to see

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

Are the women racing tomorrow? 

There hardly going to focus on the women with men heading to T2. But also..... for a bit there when I first tuned in I thought..... are the men racing or what. I thinks it's been reasonably fair.

1 minute ago, skel said:

Sing out to my mate Andrew Jamieson, racing the para category. Andrew has guts and determination. Did the swim in 1:47.  Number 149 

:D

https://www.tropicnow.com.au/2017/september/27/iron-will-puts-cairns-para-athlete-on-track-to-tackle-kona-event.html 

He's the guy in the doco they advertised right?

• Like 1
Just now, IronmanFoz said:

There hardly going to focus on the women with men heading to T2. But also..... for a bit there when I first tuned in I thought..... are the men racing or what. I thinks it's been reasonably fair.

Agreed. I was watching for nearly 10 minutes then gave up and went to IM tracker to find out who was leading the men's.

Red Bull TV drop outs. NBN bullshit. Worse than last 5 years on Optus Broadband ... 😔 

in the brief moments ive had coverage one thing is clear -the commentators are far more focused on their own bullshit than keeping up with the action. Just then they were spewing some crap and didn’t even remark on the Sanders’ pass on Worth for like a minute after it happened ...

29 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Red Bull TV drop outs. NBN bullshit. Worse than last 5 years on Optus Broadband ... 😔 

in the brief moments ive had coverage one thing is clear -the commentators are far more focused on their own bullshit than keeping up with the action. Just then they were spewing some crap and didn’t even remark on the Sanders’ pass on Worth for like a minute after it happened ...

Not a dropout for me. Its you. 

24 minutes ago, Waza said:

Frodo is gone, at least 7 minutes now off the pace at 5km. Cooked himself on the bike?

He looked confused starting the run 

18 minutes ago, Ruley said:

I'll call it first, Frodo going vegetarian has hurt him.

It's a pitty not to see a three Pete.

Bullshit. I said that the other day. 

Search my vego comment 

1 minute ago, IronmanFoz said:

Calling it now. Kienlie for the win.

Sanders looks to be slowing 

1 minute ago, Nath. said:

The champ didn’t like the boys pushing the bike 

Most did 8-9 min pbs. 

Clearly there was zero wind for the pros 

1 minute ago, Suburban Kid said:

Sanders will blow up i think. Kienle running a smart conservative run

If he does at least he’s had a crack at winning rather than playing it safe and having no chance 

• Like 2
  • roxii unpinned this topic