On 14/09/2017 at 2:22 PM, Peter said:

It's such a lottery.  Sure if nothing goes wrong it will be 

Frodo and Ryf.

But step on some glass getting out of the swim or hit by a car a day before the race and it's all over.

Agree but DR would still win with one leg

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the thoughts on Patrick Lange - fast marathon last year, if he didn't get penalized on the bike he would have come close to getting Keinle from memory.

And how about Nick Kastelein for a top 10, maybe a genuine top 5 chance? - I have no idea

3 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

First time Ladbrokes user. I just put $10 on and it says $7 accepted and $3 partial. What's partial?

Thought you'd have heard ... that's the new Active fee

On 10/3/2017 at 10:35 AM, Rocket Salad said:

First time Ladbrokes user. I just put $10 on and it says $7 accepted and $3 partial. What's partial?

I would just be checking your betting statement or giving them a call or email and ask

Edited by ironmandan
On 9/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, noknees said:

Did you get him at $26? Still a good bet at $17.

Not $26 only $17. Even then they wouldn't let me put on too many $$ on though. Clearly not a big betting pool. He's at $3.50 or thereabouts now....

On 9/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, noknees said:

Did you get him at $26? Still a good bet at $17.

9 hours ago, Niseko said:

Tim Ballantine with a PB of 8.51. Is it some sort of hoax or he has a mate working for Sports Bet?

Nobody thought Fine Cotton had the form either, but he came home at pretty good odds in the end.

Does anybody have an up to date photo of Tim we can verify on the day?

1 hour ago, Rude Beef said:

I'm not sure how you'd go getting a payout on an age grouper to win. Would they be crowed the world champ if they had the fastest time or surely it would go to first pro?  

Still, worth a few each way on Tim.

Chances of that are zero.

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Chances of that are zero.

I'm more so curious as to how he could be deemed the winner by Sportsbet. 

Has an age grouper ever had the fastest time on the day in an ironman? I'm thinking it could happen in the female ranks as they generally aren't as deep at second and third tier events.

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nobody thought Fine Cotton had the form either, but he came home at pretty good odds in the end.

Does anybody have an up to date photo of Tim we can verify on the day?

Tim B Down to $21.... !?!?!? Wtf?!

PJ to $17 now.

Edited by Tryline