RIP Kamal2

My Facebook has just lit up in past hour with condolences from the Filipino community for Chris.

Shocked, I've been trying to get details but they are sparse. The last message was, hit by a truck on this mornings ride. I'm still hoping this is just a horrible miscommunication, but fear it is not.

I do not have the words at the moment to do justice to Chris's contribution to Transitions.

Rest in peace Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To everyone on this thread: Thank you for the kind, kind words. I'm Niki, Chris' eldest daughter (funny to see myself alluded to on this thread here and there). First of all, I do want to say that eve

I'm still digesting all this. Like RS, I never actually met Chris but had a few very long phone calls from him, usually out of the blue at strange times of day. He was likeable and very knowledgeabl

Hahaha, it did get confusing back in the Ozfat/early transitions days. Chris used to bait me often and he'd usually get a bite... I was a serious petal back then Lol! Despite butting heads many times

Damn.

Then I went to his FB and it seems true that Chris Arrowsmith AKA Kamal2 was killed while riding.

I thought it a bit messed up that all the posts on his FB are totally resigned that this was his fate and 'so sad he died' without any inquiry or anger over how this happened.

I guess spending your life in developing countries leads to having this type of mentality surround you.

An unprecedentedly sad day for this forum community to lose someone so close to it (not just a random 'man down' post).

He put such effort into the 10 questions and more.

So here's to Kamal2.

Edited by roxii
  • Like 1

Never meet him face to face but did chat to him on the phone years ago one night for the best part of a hour.

He wrote about his kids in another thread the other day.

The 3 older ones are in the States. I hope they can help their younger step siblings financially.

So sad. Just saw his post yday debating should he get out of bed and ride, or not ...

I've only known him via here and Facebook. During the 10 questions we shared a lot of personal information. He seemed to have had an amazingly full life. He struck me as a caring supportive person during the several personal emails we exchanged.

RIP.

• Like 2

**** me! I had a lot of messages with him because of the mental health thread..... he held out a lot of hope for me. I bloody liked the guy! Shit. So sorry for his family.....

If there's anything we can do to help, even from here, we should. Even if it's raising some funds to help the family or something. I really liked him.

• Like 2

And to iFoz...... Chris and I only spoke a handful of times through pm's (though it was often a lot of words used!), but from them I knew how much you meant to him. My condolences to you as well, and to everyone here who knew him.

Sorry for the loss. Didn't see this thread.[emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

He was a special guy. I never met him in person but he reached out to me after my seperation and was there for a chat any time.

Very sad news. Thoughts go out to his family and close friends. RIP

My ride today will be for him and he'll be in my mind. [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

• Like 3

Why!

Whilst he seemed to get into "discussions" with a lot on here, he was respected, and did what he could to help most here that needed some-one to talk to. He'll be missed by many around the world, but especially his family and close friends.

Hopefully there's a great MTB course up there for him to hone his skills on.

And to iFoz...... Chris and I only spoke a handful of times through pm's (though it was often a lot of words used!), but from them I knew how much you meant to him. My condolences to you as well, and to everyone here who knew him.

Yes

Very well said

So sad. Just saw his post yday debating should he get out of bed and ride, or not ...

I saw that post - it was not like him to have to drag himself out to train

He and I had lots of communication over the years - I think being similar ages he would run different ideas by me for comparison - he certainly love Transitions and it's members

We're all going to go sometime, when you get to Chris and my age you start to look at how it may happen, from my point of view and I've gathered from Chris', this was the preferred way to go out. Not withering away in a hospital bed in diapers

Chris lead a very full life - he fitted a lot in - lets remember him as he was - a good life, well lived :smile1:

• Like 6

He was a member from very early days also, I remember him starting his 10 questions in '04 I think was it?

I suggested over in Sandbox with all the RIP threads that there should be an area for passed Tranny members. When this thread ultimately is unpinned, it would be perfect spot to goto.

RIP Tranny number 229.

p.s He did love his sports, particularly AFL and cricket and it appears NFL.

• Like 2

I saw that post - it was not like him to have to drag himself out to train

He and I had lots of communication over the years - I think being similar ages he would run different ideas by me for comparison - he certainly love Transitions and it's members

We're all going to go sometime, when you get to Chris and my age you start to look at how it may happen, from my point of view and I've gathered from Chris', this was the preferred way to go out. Not withering away in a hospital bed in diapers

Chris lead a very full life - he fitted a lot in - lets remember him as he was - a good life, well lived :smile1:

What Al said. As GSP said, Chris was around from the start of Transitions and showed up on the predecessor forum OZCHAT as well. Sports nut, facts and figures man and will be missed.

Sad day.

I'm another one who never met Chris in person but we chatted regularly on FB messenger. Including yesterday morning when he offered me some good advice. I messaged him back later and FB still shows my message sent but not received. RIP Chris.

• Like 2

Shit, this is dreadful news.

I'm lost for words, very sad :(

I never got to meet Chris but like many others had plenty of communications either open posts or via PM over the many years.

A very likeable & valuable character. He will indeed be missed.

RIP Chris.

• Like 2

Â

I saw that post - it was not like him to have to drag himself out to trainÂ

Â

Â

Â

Chris lead a very full life - he fitted a lot in - lets remember him as he was - a good life, well lived :smile1:

Better than withering away in aged care but Never a good time to go and sad for the family.

For an athlete it's almost like a peace time version of dying on your feet or being lost at sea.

RIP kamal2

• Like 1

Like other old timers on here, he has been in our forum lives since ozchat days and always amazed at his detail on members, his passion for our sport, his engagement and positive contributions, his love for his family, and just being a nice bloke. Ten Q's always a highlight and typically gave us wonderful insights into those that make up the fabric of this place, along the way also revealing his compassion and genuineness.

Devastating for the family and a very sad day for our community.

I will raise a glass tonight for K2.

OMG....have been off FB for this week and not here much. Am shattered to hear this. Chairs was planning to move to Cairns in April and he was often picking my brains re different things. Such a reminder life is short. His post about his family was beautifully written and from the heart of proud dad. Very sad.

• Like 1

Devastating for the family and a very sad day for our community.

I will raise a glass tonight for K2.

Should we all raise a glass at once tonight for him?

Maybe 6pm AEDST. We all toast to Chris, and our own memories/interactions with him..

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 6

I'm still digesting all this. Like RS, I never actually met Chris but had a few very long phone calls from him, usually out of the blue at strange times of day.

He was likeable and very knowledgeable and quite opinionated but always open to others opinions or at least a healthy respectful discussion on the differences.

His knowledge of triathlon was pretty scary even if that was just the knowledge he had amassed about "us" here at Transitions.

We often joked about his "little black book" that he had on us all as was often evidenced by some of the left field questions he pulled out on Ten Questions.

The forum will be much poorer for his passing.

I will miss his posts.

We will miss his posts.

We will miss him.

Well said. Had a few long conversations just on here by messenger and was very open and friendly.

Somehow I think if only he could read this thread he would know he did well. It takes a special kind to reach out and affect so many people in a positive light.

RIP Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

These are his two little kids - how sad is that

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1487777526

Very sad news.

Beaut little kids. What a shame. He was an intriguing bloke from what he wrote on here, had done a lot.

Like AP says, seems like he squeezed the most out of his life and went hard. Nothing to regret. As his older daughter said, he went out going hard & doing what he loved.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 1