What's your Trannies name mean

Don't go posting you name on the interwebs!!!!!

Mine's a nickname I've had for a while. At some places it's two of my nicknames combined.

Really, I'm a hasbeen, but that name was taken by someone who joined on July 24th 2007, made no posts, and was last active on July 26th (come on Roxii, clean things up).

I was "Hasbeen" on a local cycling forum prior to this when I first started getting back into training, and then changed that to TAFKAH (The athlete formerly known as Hasbeen) when I did my first race back. When I joined Transitions I was racing again, and because Hasbeen was taken, I figured Ex-Hasbeen would do.

Edit: The way things have been lately though, if you get rid of the old Hasbeen, I should probably take that name on.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Don't go posting you name on the interwebs!!!!!

Mine's a nickname I've had for a while. At some places it's two of my nicknames combined.

So is it like "go-ee" or is it 'ough' as in cough

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Don't go posting your name on the interwebs!!!!!

I've got nothing to hide so why not...

My surname is Breese, and most people just know me as Breezey.

Years ago I used to do a bit of Cycle (Road) Racing. I was never worried about results, so would never contest the sprints. This meant that I was always prepared to do more than my share of turns at the front as I had nothing to save myself for. One day a mate said, 'Go Easy Breezey' and it just kind of stuck.

It kind of suits my style of training and racing anyway as I never have a plan, I just do what I feel like on the day. I'm a Pisces so maybe I just go with the flow. I'm never really that worried about results, I just love getting out and having a go.

Edited by Go Easy
  • Like 1

Hootie McBoob was referenced in the Simpsons (along with Chesty La Rue, Busty St Claire) and I have a healthy fondness for chi chis.

Gregor is the name mates gave me as my angry alternate persona whenever I played sport. Wasn't very good as losing back then but this triathlon thing has gotten me very used to it now....

• Like 1

I wanted to Try Tri B4 Forty .....

Originally this was a goal of finishing a full ironman by my 40th birthday..... I've got about 6 months to go so I'm not going to make it.....

At age 30 I was perhaps the least fit I had ever been. My late 20's saw lots of travel, drink, food and very little physical exercise. I turned that around in my early 30's. Got into Tri and initially set my goal of a full Ironman, but gave myself a good half a dozen years to get there.

It was actually something on Trannies that changed my whole view (ie the view that Ironman was the ultimate goal) - there was a thread a couple of years back where someone asked where a lot of members had vanished to..... this quickly turned to people who have an Ironman on the bucket list, appear on Trannies for a year or two then vanish after they tick the ironman off their list.

One of the more experienced members made a comment about how the best benefits of Tri are lifelong .... exercise, eating well, staying active, keeping lean....

My 'goal' of getting through an Ironman before 40 changed to 'be fit and lean well past forty'. I might never do my ironman (kids, job, another on the way etc .... things always get in the way)

My dad had a heart attack at age 54, so my revised goal is perhaps not to worry too much about an Ironman before 40 ..... as long as I am still capable of doing one at 60 .....

• Like 7

Mentioned this on another thread.

When I applied for leave for my first IM the boss asked where I was going. After stating "to try and finish an Ironman", he looked up what it was, and was suitably impressed to write an email to my various teams and other teams I worked with explaining what I was doing over the weekend. His email went:

"While you are enjoying your weekend, spare a thought for Stu who will be swimming 3.8km...[etc, etc]...followed by a full marathon, he then has to head to a pub and drink ten pints - that's just Stu though"

I liked the play on "ten pints - that's just Stu" so adopted it.

Rimmer .... my brother's name is "Ramsay" (yep, he lucked out) and when he went to College he became "Rammer", then "Rammer Rammer", then .... something unmentionable.

I followed two years later and became Rammer as well, which became a problem as there were two people with the same name and a lot of his mates expected me (i.e. him) to do things like ... give them a lift somewhere, lend them some money etc etc and it became really confusing.

So, I became "Rimmer". My name is Cameron, by the way.

Rimmer .... my brother's name is "Ramsay" (yep, he lucked out) and when he went to College he became "Rammer", then "Rammer Rammer", then .... something unmentionable.

I followed two years later and became Rammer as well, which became a problem as there were two people with the same name and a lot of his mates expected me (i.e. him) to do things like ... give them a lift somewhere, lend them some money etc etc and it became really confusing.

Hey Rimmer I went to the footy with your brother the other week, will have to remember to call him Rammer next time.

My name is fairly self explanatory first name and initial of surname. I used to be SILV which related to where I worked but don't work there anymore so changed it.

So you're not a hologram then?

Hey Rimmer I went to the footy with your brother the other week, will have to remember to call him Rammer next time.

My name is fairly self explanatory first name and initial of surname. I used to be SILV which related to where I worked but don't work there anymore so changed it.

Hey Jeff,

Long time, no speak. You still running for OGC?

The real nickname is Rammer, Rammer P00-jammer for him. Tell him he needs to get in touch about my wedding when you next see him.

Rimmer

Â

I followed two years later and became Rammer as well, which became a problem as there were two people with the same name and a lot of his mates expected me (i.e. him) to do things like ... give them a lift somewhere, lend them some money etc etc and it became really confusing.Â

Â

A this time I thought it was because of your signature move.
  • Like 1

Hey Jeff,

Long time, no speak. You still running for OGC?

The real nickname is Rammer, Rammer P00-jammer for him. Tell him he needs to get in touch about my wedding when you next see him.

Rimmer

Yep still running for OGC, season starts again on Sat.

Rammer mentioned he was heading over for your wedding, I'll tell him to talk to his brother about it!

Half surname half man. I got given it working in Vanuatu a number of years ago. I also go under the name of Flan, Flannie, Flano or Mick. Occasionally I get hey fat f*ck, but told the missus just to call me Michael.

FM

• Like 2

I worked in IT for a long time and always described myself as a Computer Nerd, even had Computer Nerd as my job title on my email signature. So when I got into IM, one of my co-workers described me as an Ironnerd.

Mine was a fckup. When I set my profile up I thought I was putting in a password so used my wife's salon name then I realised what happened and CBF'd trying to change it [emoji1]. And btw it ain't my bank account password so don't bother trying [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Was rickymartin (ole, ole, ole) on the original OzChat all those years ago and then when I got on TriChat I noticed Jimbo was IronJimbo , so I went with the iron bit, hence IronmanFoz.

Yes I am the long lost brother of the other Foz! ;)

Mine is my first and last name.

I've been ordering some knee braces through China through Alibaba and the lady at this company's first name is Salad.

Bet she doesn't make many friends.

Pretty good cheap knee braces though.

• Like 1