No Ironman Frankston this weekend

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:15 PM, Chuckie M said:

I am looking forward to rebooting this thread again next year.. I still never found H? :huh:

Race day Sunday March 24th. The Frankston Bogan community are waiting with open arms for the athletes to arrive🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to all those not racing this weekend.

Raced today at st kilda. Cracking weather. Shame no ironman. I was on form. Won category's 

I'm not doing this race ever again.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Naut said:

Screw IM, the A race this year is tomorrow. Corporate Triathlon - the premier triathlon for bike helmets worn backwards

I actually feel sorry for most racing. 25-36c 

will not get bike out until about 1pm when it’s 36c. 

Id love to come with GoPro to watch but crits are calling my name. 

23 hours ago, Peter said:

I actually feel sorry for most racing. 25-36c 

will not get bike out until about 1pm when it’s 36c. 

Id love to come with GoPro to watch but crits are calling my name. 

Nah, most were done by 1pm. Wasn’t too bad until I started the 40km ride home with a full backpack

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, GSP said:

Heh Chuck.  What about 226 in Ballarat, is that back on soon?

What about have it on the same day as Hawaii, even though it will be freezing. Offer 5 times the Hawaii prize purse, Where would Jan race then?🤔

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be getting more and more lazy each year as the race director. I am looking at putting my Active fee to 40% for the 2020 edition. I might need some volunteers for Sunday?. I haven't been looking yet😀😀😀

• Haha 1

The race is on Sunday. I haven't any permits or  booked any venues yet. I don't have race equipment or marshals. I have had better things to do than organize a Ironman. Professionals meeting is at 1pm.

One drop of rain on Sunday and I will cancel it and keep all the loot again. 😀😀😀

Guest FFF1077
3 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

The race is on Sunday. I haven't any permits or  booked any venues yet. I don't have race equipment or marshals. I have had better things to do than organize a Ironman. Professionals meeting is at 1pm.

One drop of rain on Sunday and I will cancel it and keep all the loot again. 😀😀😀

Helped a Japanese competitor to find where Transition was this morning. He was keen for the race briefing. 

I told him to go to the St Kilda baths and just ask for Chuck 👍👍

22 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

It's raining now in Frankston and could rain tomorrow.?. The race is off. I will send Jan and Lionel to Sufferfest Safety Beach on Sunday and all the other Frankston competitors. No event transfers for next year. I am keeping the cash and all Kona spots for myself. Entries open on Monday 25th March at 9AM for the 2020 edition with a Active fee of 76%.

See you in Frankston in 2020

Chuckie M

Ironman Frankston race director.😂

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So no point flying down this afternoon?

We will be back bigger and better next year in 2020. I have just signed a 5 year deal for the race. My goal is have a race with the highest Active fee in the world. By 2025. The Active fee should be at 137% 😀

Chuck, you forgot to tell Mike Reilly it was off, he was ranting and raving down at St.Kilda this afternoon wondering where everybody was.  His day ended up officiating the beach volleyball tournament a suburb down in middle park.  He was in full voice but will be hitting you up for his appearance fee, although I see you've got that covered from Active.

• Thanks 1
Guest FFF1077

I was at the Stokehouse yesterday arvo drinking beers waiting for competitors to go past but all I saw that resembled a serious Ironman competitor was a dude with no shirt on, all coconut oiled up wearing Adidas hot pant..... Gave him a "looking good" shout anyway. 

He gave me his number 🤔🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

• 11 months later...
On 23/03/2019 at 1:59 PM, Chuckie M said:

We will be back bigger and better next year in 2020. I have just signed a 5 year deal for the race. My goal is have a race with the highest Active fee in the world. By 2025. The Active fee should be at 137% 😀

Hi people. I am in Frankston now. I better get this together. I have been even more lazy than ever. I haven't even worked out a date for the 2020 event. Do we want it on the same date as The Melbourne grand prix or The weekend after when the Arnold Schwarzenegger classic is on?. Jan and Lionel are keen.  I wonder how much of a active fee I would have to charge to buy the Ironman brand Wanda is selling?. 70,000% active fee? 

Chuckie M. Ironman Frankston 2020 race director. 😀🤩💖

• Like 2
13 hours ago, -H- said:

I was out for a ride this morning and thought "who is this goose running in the bike lane" - g'day Chuck

I was just playing mind games with the local pros. I was on the edge. Nowhere else to run along there. Not very pedestrian friendly. 😂

I am thinking about having the pros race on 15th March same day as the grand prix and the age group race on the 22nd of March when the Arnold classic is on and keep Beach rd closed for the full week to maximize full inconvenience.?🤣😂

• Haha 1

Keep the flame, or pilot light, flickering.

Beach Rd used to be full of TTers over summer. Was great. Million dollar views too. Now the concrete jungle that Chelsea is morphing in to symbolizes the decline. Ever more development. Sad.

Endurance cycling on gravel/dirt/sand is now the  thing. And those IMs at $1000/day  is kind of up there.

But gosh I miss IM-MEL. Flat soft and easy as it was. Never quite got to be regarded as a true full, more a 3/4. But right there in Melbourne for the locals.

And how about that year there was 3m waves at Frankston, when the swim had to be  shortened to 100m, such was the peril

Thanks Chuckee. I reckon 10 years will be enough. Then can let it RIP. Maybe some kind of memorial service at Frankston in 2025.

yes. it is a week long festival. just trying to find a excuse to exit stage left with the loot. it seems to be clearing up...😂

7 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

yes. it is a week long festival. just trying to find a excuse to exit stage left with the loot. it seems to be clearing up...😂

I was going to come down to compete Chuckie, but personally I think with the possibility of no toilet paper in the portaloos, I just couldn't imagine fronting up.

Could you possibly use that as a health reason to call it a day & take the loot?

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

Yes this Corona virus thing could be great excuse to get out of doing things I don't want to do. I am always one for taking the loot and go 😀. I will knock off a couple of rolls later from the local pool. It will be one square between 4 athletes, please don't be greedy..😍

Edited by Chuckie M

As a race director. I want the money but I don't want to do the work. Might have to organise a Colour run on the same time as the pros are on the marathon course?😂😍💖

Asia Pacific Ironman Melbourne: 2020 Event scrapped over CoronaVirus fears  

Peter Rolfe and Christian Tatman, Herald Sun
March 5, 2020 5:20pm
  •  

ORGANISERS have been lashed for a “shortsighted” decision to cancel the 2020 Ironman Asia-Pacific Championship, held around Melbourne’s southern suburbs.

Frankston mayor Sandra Mayer said it was a devastating blow to Frankston.

“Prior to cancellation, they should have picked up the phone and spoken to the council who have been the strongest supporter of Ironman,” she said.

“This … is ironic, as it comes at a time when the State Government has declared its support for boosting events and tourism opportunities in regional Victoria.”

The contentious decision was made by race director Chuck and current the raining championship since 2016, “well when the customer refused to fly home from Europe due to corona concerns, I had no choice other than to cancel the event for this year. This decision was not made lightly, but we believe it was the correct decision”. 
chuckie hope the race will run again in 2021, March 21 will be the date. 

Edited by Peter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

I spoke to Jan last night. He is pissed. I asked for the appearance money back, as I told him , You are not getting paid for doing nothing, that's my job...😂

Edited by Chuckie M
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
On 05/03/2020 at 8:35 PM, Peter said:

Asia Pacific Ironman Melbourne: 2020 Event scrapped over CoronaVirus fears  

Peter Rolfe and Christian Tatman, Herald Sun
March 5, 2020 5:20pm
  •  

ORGANISERS have been lashed for a “shortsighted” decision to cancel the 2020 Ironman Asia-Pacific Championship, held around Melbourne’s southern suburbs.

Frankston mayor Sandra Mayer said it was a devastating blow to Frankston.

“Prior to cancellation, they should have picked up the phone and spoken to the council who have been the strongest supporter of Ironman,” she said.

“This … is ironic, as it comes at a time when the State Government has declared its support for boosting events and tourism opportunities in regional Victoria.”

The contentious decision was made by race director Chuck and current the raining championship since 2016, “well when the customer refused to fly home from Europe due to corona concerns, I had no choice other than to cancel the event for this year. This decision was not made lightly, but we believe it was the correct decision”. 
chuckie hope the race will run again in 2021, March 21 will be the date. 

Could this be fake news?🤣😀

Edited by Chuckie M
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

It was a great race yesterday . I ran the race in secret, like they did with The Arnold classic?😗

Seeing as you had to lay off all your staff, were you able to apply for the $25K gov grant as a small business?

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Seeing as you had to lay off all your staff, were you able to apply for the $25K gov grant as a small business?

I will be right on to that. I had my awards ceremony pub crawl cancelled. I am pissed off. it's straight to the bottle-O and back to Mum's...😁