Cranky Update

When she turns sideways on the footpath her shadow disappears into a crack in the sidewalk.

She wears a life preserver in the shower so she doesn't get washed down the drain

I'm not saying she's short, but every year they do the class photos at her school, the photographer asks why she's the only kid not in school uniform.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Upgrade that server and pack your bags, Trannies!!   We're goin' to Kona! !     Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I haven't read anything yet but I know I can say before I even do, "thank you. You are all awesome" Will read asap! ! I had a perfect race. More details to come. Xxxxxx [emoji13] [emoji322] [emoj

My girls made me cry this morning (seems to be a thing of late). They all nearly bowled me over as I arrived to school and gave me a huge hug. One bought me flowers, many made me cards, they decorated

Bloody hell, how small IS Cranky?

For comparison, those that know Cranky and Belinda Granger.... I have met the latter. So..??

About the same size as me, 50kg.

If having it there means you can drink without breaking the aero position then i think its better?

I know a lot of people can reach down and grab a bottle without breaking aero but there are probably more who can't.

I could on Velly but not on Liv. There's no space for a bottle cage on the down tube. Only the seat tube. That's a bit more awkward to get to.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If having it there means you can drink without breaking the aero position then i think its better?

That was my reasoning behind having this sort of water bottle.

Crankys next round of photos needs to be with her on the bars - get a buddy to take the photos. How does it all sit with her arms in the required position ?

Will get on to that.

In my opinion, a full waterbottle on the bars of a bike/rider package so small is going to cause handling problems, especially if there's wind/technical sections in any race.

I've always race with a vertical water bottle on the bars before. But it would probably handle differently. Yes?

Bloody hell, how small IS Cranky?

For comparison, those that know Cranky and Belinda Granger.... I have met the latter. So..??

I'm 163 centimetres tall and weigh 57 kilograms

When she turns sideways on the footpath her shadow disappears into a crack in the sidewalk.

She wears a life preserver in the shower so she doesn't get washed down the drain

I'm not saying she's short, but every year they do the class photos at her school, the photographer asks why she's the only kid not in school uniform.

Lol! [emoji23]

Cranky will get blown off Rex's lookout for sure....

Good news for Cranky is at least the crocs will be looking for a bigger feed

Unless they need a toothpick!

If the crocs are on a diet she is the perfect "fun size" snack and in a wetsuit she'll look like a delicious piece of licorice. Crocs love licorice.

Always good for a laugh, you lot!

Lights are in an express post bag and in the hands of the nations finest delivery persons

Champion! ! Thanks a million [emoji106]

• Like 1

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this? It's not an expensive brand, but they'll all do the same job, yeah?http://www.99bikes.com.au/bbb-tools-tubes-sm-black-tool-caseThese ones are out of stock atm http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/xlab-mini-cage-pod/rp-prod127530

I reckon theyre the same. I have the bbb ones.. just not paying for a brandname. Although the xlab one might be 0.01g lighter. And its shiny.

• Like 1

Wants to go to kona but won't spend over $100 on lights......

If you do most of your training during the day or on the trainer, and you're planning on pulling up stumps after October, why would you. Save the extra money for a manta ray dive.

I use a 1000 lumen set that I got 2 for 1 from Deal Extreme (2 for $33), that's been going 3 years. The first year it was used for 2hrs x 5 days a week. It's still going great, and the 2nd set is still untouched. I expected the battery to die, but it hasn't yet.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

Wants to go to kona but won't spend over $100 on lights......

If you dont need to, why would you? Just cos u want to go to kona, doesnt mean you need to spend more than necessary. In fact, if you want to have the most spending money available at the end, its a smarter move to only spend what you need to to get there. And no more.

Im one of the biggest AyUp fans out there. But i wouldnt have bought them for only a few hours planned use. Ever. There are so many other "good enough" options out there for bikes while still being safe

• Like 2

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this? It's not an expensive brand, but they'll all do the same job, yeah?

http://www.99bikes.com.au/bbb-tools-tubes-sm-black-tool-case

These ones are out of stock atm http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/xlab-mini-cage-pod/rp-prod127530

The BBB ones are way better the lid actually closes whereas the xlab is rubbish. So go for the cheaper one.

If you dont need to, why would you? Just cos u want to go to kona, doesnt mean you need to spend more than necessary. In fact, if you want to have the most spending money available at the end, its a smarter move to only spend what you need to to get there. And no more.

Im one of the biggest AyUp fans out there. But i wouldnt have bought them for only a few hours planned use. Ever. There are so many other "good enough" options out there for bikes while still being safe

I get your point.

For a few extra $$$ I would be buying quality. With all the time and money invested in trying to get to Kona. I would hate to save $50 on a set of lights & then have them stuff up or even worse crash because I haven't seen something on the road etc.....

• Like 2

I get your point.

For a few extra $$$ I would be buying quality. With all the time and money invested in trying to get to Kona. I would hate to save $50 on a set of lights & then have them stuff up or even worse crash because I haven't seen something on the road etc.....

Spot on

I get your point.

Totally agree.

I dont ride at night anymore so dont really know about current bike lights. I love my ayups, but for trail running. I just dont know if theyre the ducks guts for bikes - reliable yes. Bu there seem to have been some good suggestions made here that are a wee bit cheaper than ayups?

Moot point though i think, as roxii has sent a care package

• Like 3

Exactly, the lights thing should be over.

I bought this one, Cranky, when I was getting something else from them. Think they were a trannies site sponsor back then.

https://www.bikebug.com/elite-byasi-tools-bottle-500ml-p-38043.html

This one has a separate section in the top that can hold some stuff. But for years I just used one of the Endura 600ml drink bottles, as they have a wide top. Could fit tube, levers, tool, co2 etc in it. I stick all the stuff that could rattle in old school socks of my daughters, and leave the ends at the top so I can grab the stuff out.

• Like 3

Exactly, the lights thing should be over.

I bought this one, Cranky, when I was getting something else from them. Think they were a trannies site sponsor back then.

https://www.bikebug.com/elite-byasi-tools-bottle-500ml-p-38043.html

This one has a separate section in the top that can hold some stuff. But for years I just used one of the Endura 600ml drink bottles, as they have a wide top. Could fit tube, levers, tool, co2 etc in it. I stick all the stuff that could rattle in old school socks of my daughters, and leave the ends at the top so I can grab the stuff out.

Yeah, same here Goughy.

Endura waterbottle with spares and tools in it put in the rear left bidon place on my hydrotail. But I have dropped the hydrotail so I just velcro strap a neoprene pencil case with bits and pieces to the seat post/under the seat

But for years I just used one of the Endura 600ml drink bottles, as they have a wide top. Could fit tube, levers, tool, co2 etc in it. I stick all the stuff that could rattle in old school socks of my daughters, and leave the ends at the top so I can grab the stuff out.

That's what I'm using atm

I really only bought mine to get over a free shipping level when getting something else. I carry mine on the seat tube cave on my tt bike and use the two rear carriers for drinks. Don't know what I'd do in an Olympic yet, but longer races I just use the little bag that attaches off the back of the rear carrier so I can carry three drink bottles. In an OD I used to carry one drink on seat tube cage then pull my rear carrier apart and zip tie one cage under the seat ala crowie and put the spares bottle there. These days in too old and cranky/lazy to give much of a shit.

Where are u gunna put it?

Rear bottle cage

Yeah, same here Goughy.

Endura waterbottle with spares and tools in it put in the rear left bidon place on my hydrotail. But I have dropped the hydrotail so I just velcro strap a neoprene pencil case with bits and pieces to the seat post/under the seat

Ooooo I like this idea

Rear bottle cage

Ooooo I like this idea

I thought u didn't have enough biddon holders that's why you put that brick between the bars?

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 1

I thought u didn't have enough biddon holders that's why you put that brick between the bars?

Cheers

Ivp

I think the brick was to be able to drink whilst remaining aero. And a reminder to drink at all

Cheers

Ivp

I think the brick was to be able to drink whilst remaining aero. And a reminder to drink at all

This

Seriously ??

Seriously

Cranky, tracking said it wAs delivered.

Tue 5th April

Did you check at the caravan park office?

[emoji45] I did. I went there every day. Can you please screen shot that and send it to me and I will send it to them?