Cranky Update

Cranky, buy the AYUPS, use them until you have finished with them and sell them on here.

The money you will 'lose' selling the used AYUPS will be less than it will cost you for a cheaper light....used AYUPS always sell very quickly.

Good thinking!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Upgrade that server and pack your bags, Trannies!!   We're goin' to Kona! !     Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I haven't read anything yet but I know I can say before I even do, "thank you. You are all awesome" Will read asap! ! I had a perfect race. More details to come. Xxxxxx [emoji13] [emoji322] [emoj

My girls made me cry this morning (seems to be a thing of late). They all nearly bowled me over as I arrived to school and gave me a huge hug. One bought me flowers, many made me cards, they decorated

Thanks all for the light responses. Will talk to my manager ...

Next ....

Am I doing this wrong? ? Looks like it is sticking waaaay up into space:

d62201e7834d6ae0d7a9e65d0aba9a33.jpg

1c55e01e66c19ea9121cbfcdd3bbe695.jpg

Edited by Cranky

Looks to me like you've defeated the purpose of buying a TT bike. Aero is so overrated.

ps - I know crap, wait for someone experienced to respond

Looks to me like you've defeated the purpose of buying a TT bike.

That's what I was thinking when I put it on there

Looks to me like you've defeated the purpose of buying a TT bike. Â Aero is so overrated.

Totally agree

Just use a biddon cage zipp tied between the bars IF you need to carrie three bottles

IM has aid stations every ten Ks so you can get fluid at a minimum of every 30 mins if you ride at 20k per hr

That thing you have pictured just slows you down and makes your bike handle like shite

Cheers

Ivp

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

ps - I know crap, wait for someone experienced to respond

Edited by ironpo

Sorry not sure what happened there

Re post the Important bits

Totally agree gougy

Just use a biddon cage zipp tied between the bars IF you need to carrie three bottles

IM has aid stations every ten Ks so you can get fluid at a minimum of every 30 mins if you ride at 20k per hr

That thing you have pictured just slows you down and makes your bike handle like shite

Cheers

• Like 1

Sorry not sure what happened there

Re post the Important bits

Totally agree gougy

Cheers

[emoji174] [emoji22]

[emoji174] [emoji22]

Don't be heart broken :-)

Just send it back to RBR and start a thread about how to zipp tie a biddon cage to your tribars ( if you think u need a bottle between the bars)

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 2

Far out that looks so bad it's not even funny. Just look at my post from about 3 pages ago, your answers are all there you even have photos to refer to. Tidy, clean and most importantly fast.

Edited by Rog
  • Like 3

Far out that looks so bad it's not even funny. Just look at my post from about 3 pages ago, your answers are all there you even have photos to refer to. Tidy, clean and most importantly fast.

Spot on

And rogs kitchen is tidy , clean and really fast also lol

Cheers

Ivp

• Like 2

Thanks all for the light responses. Will talk to my manager ...

Next ....

Am I doing this wrong? ? Looks like it is sticking waaaay up into space:d62201e7834d6ae0d7a9e65d0aba9a33.jpg1c55e01e66c19ea9121cbfcdd3bbe695.jpg

Looks li,e theres something seriously wrong with the installation. Is it backwards? And how come the velcro is so close to the end of your extensions?

What's it called?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk[/quote

Lezyne microdrive

This http://www.pushys.com.au/lezyne-macro-400lm-front-light-black-v2.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CM3cuNWx8csCFYOXvQodTC0MtA

When I bought it from 99 bikes it was about 80, but their membership price was 50 - gone up a bit since then

Don't be heart broken :-)

Just send it back to RBR and start a thread about how to zipp tie a biddon cage to your tribars ( if you think u need a bottle between the bars)

Cheers

Ivp

I like to be able to just drink without moving. I'm lazy! !

Couple of possibles.

It looks bad because use you have straight extensions. If you had ski bends it would sit inside the bends.

Possibly also looks worse because your extensions are short and low.

Remember though that a bike needs a rider. What does it look like when you have your hands on the bars, if it fits between your forearms then it should be fine.

Doesn't matter how ugly it looks if its first back to T2

• Like 1

Ziplock ties all the way. After much research I reckon not only are they the cheaper option but also the most aero.

CD1E0E62-A518-4681-AFC6-D6FD0B316BF3.jpg

82996903-3074-4839-A98F-A9D5B99CA65A.jpg

Yes. Here it is. Hmmmmm. Thinking thinking.

Looks li,e theres something seriously wrong with the installation. Is it backwards? And how come the velcro is so close to the end of your extensions?

1) No. Because of the Garmin mount, there's only one way it can go.

2) Don't know ???

Couple of possibles.

It looks bad because use you have straight extensions. If you had ski bends it would sit inside the bends.

Possibly also looks worse because your extensions are short and low.

Remember though that a bike needs a rider. What does it look like when you have your hands on the bars, if it fits between your forearms then it should be fine.

Doesn't matter how ugly it looks if its first back to T2

It does matter when your not riding in the tribars , as you do a lot on the cairns course due to the hills

It also makes your frontal bigger (less aero and slows you down) (Espually bad for someone as small as cranky)and stops you being able to close your hands together while on the bars ,which makes your frontal area much smaller , which is very beneficial for any one but even more so someone as small as cranky

Yes I P you should be able to close your hands, if not then it's not a suitable or I would argue, safe setup regardless of aero.

As far as aero goes though regardless of how small cranky is she still has a larger frontal than any bar setup, so aero or sitting up any air that goes into, over or around her hydration will then plough straight into, over or around Cranky.

the idea of the praying mantis position was to fill up as much of the frontal area as possible.

• Like 1

I use straight bars too, and don't stick anything between them cause of the way I I tend to have my arms. They'll often be resting hand on top of each other, resting across the top of the aerobars. It's just not comfortable for me to have anything in between them.

I just carry two bottles behind the seat. That Cervelo testing thing said stuff behind your arse is in a weird vortex zone so I'm not concerned with anything being there. Maybe find that thread, and ponder over all the stuff in it ;) .

I think there's also a thread about bottle placement which is from BMC testing..... Go on, hyperfocus on all that too! I dare ya :) (from the king of the hyperfocus).

• Like 1

Do Brazilian Age Group triathletes in the 35-39 category have money?

Enough money to pay there way to Australia for Worlds?

Triathlon is a rich white boy sport in Brazil (no different to here really) so people in this demographic tend to have a lot of money. I don't believe there will be many travelling here though, it is a very long way to come, 13hrs time zone different and the as much disposable income as you may have, when your currency is valued at 3 to 1 AUD everything gets expensive very quickly.

Triathlon is a rich white boy sport in Brazil (no different to here really) so people in this demographic tend to have a lot of money. I don't believe there will be many travelling here though, it is a very long way to come, 13hrs time zone different and the as much disposable income as you may have, when your currency is valued at 3 to 1 AUD everything gets expensive very quickly.

Seems a very Fast course to.

And I could get a roll down spot...

Hmm...

Edited by Tryline

So you can prey the bike leg will finish asap coz the new aero bottle fell off and your feeding strategy went out the window....?

Lol [emoji23]

Do Brazilian Age Group triathletes in the 35-39 category have money?

Enough money to pay there way to Australia for Worlds?

Why? Isn't it the Chinese that have the extra spots at Cairns for KQ? Or have I missed something?

Why? Isn't it the Chinese that have the extra spots at Cairns for KQ? Or have I missed something?

Sorry cranky I'm talking about Brazil Palmas 70.3.

Last year only 1 Australian Competed in the entire Race.

Seeing worlds is in Aus. It may be pretty Easy for an Aussie.

Edited by Tryline
  • Like 1

Sorry cranky I'm talking about Brazil Palmas 70.3.

Last year only 1 Australian Competed in the entire Race.

Seeing worlds is in Aus. It may be pretty Easy for an Aussie.

Ok im lost. How did brazillian 35-39 age groupers and worlds get into this? I thought we were derailing Crankys new bottle setup?

• Like 2

Yes I P you should be able to close your hands, if not then it's not a suitable or I would argue, safe setup regardless of aero.

As far as aero goes though regardless of how small cranky is she still has a larger frontal than any bar setup, so aero or sitting up any air that goes into, over or around her hydration will then plough straight into, over or around Cranky.

the idea of the praying mantis position was to fill up as much of the frontal area as possible.

Yes

While this sounds right in principle , I have found that I am now way more aero (and significantly faster) buy getting my hands and elbows in as close as possible and getting all the crap off the front of my bike

Just check out tony Martin or any of the top TTers these days, they are super tight in the front

Besides slowing cranky down putting that stupid thing on the front of her size XXXXs bike , just doesn't look cool and will make the bike handle like shite

Also grabs more wind from the side , which could also cause dramas for a cranky person that doesn't have too many KGs on her side in a strong cross wind blown from Rex's lookout at cairns or from hawi at Kona :-)

Dis calmer

This is just from a studies of one (me) and roxi knows more about bikes and stuff than I will ever know

Edited by ironpo
  • Like 1

There are a lot of thing to weigh up.

If having it there makes you drink when otherwise you may not do so, then I reckon Hydration trumps aero.

If having it there means you are unable to get comfortable or control the bike, then I reckon comfort/safety trumps hydration.

Keeping the elbows narrow doesnt work for everyone especially over long distances, so again you need to find the position that lest you stay aero the longest and still be able to run off the bike.

• Like 2

Crankys next round of photos needs to be with her on the bars - get a buddy to take the photos. How does it all sit with her arms in the required position ?

• Like 1

If having it there means you can drink without breaking the aero position then i think its better?

I know a lot of people can reach down and grab a bottle without breaking aero but there are probably more who can't.

• Like 1

In my opinion, a full waterbottle on the bars of a bike/rider package so small is going to cause handling problems, especially if there's wind/technical sections in any race.

Bloody hell, how small IS Cranky?

For comparison, those that know Cranky and Belinda Granger.... I have met the latter. So..??