Cranky Update

Cranky

I don't know about this size thing. I have only Run 2 marathons before but of course a lot of training runs up to around 30 km. I've never had this problem before and I wear the same model and size of shoe. Maybe it's just something to do with the way I was running on the day? Either that or my feet have grown in the last few weeks. I was once upon a time fitted at Athlete's Foot and they suggested that size for me.?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a teacher I would be like Jack Black in the movie School of Rock. It would be history or maths and the discussion would be Ironman stuff.

Come to think of it, we have parent teacher nights coming up at school. both my kids (y7 & Y10) have a maths teacher who did Cairns Ironman last weekend.

I can see it now.......parent teacher night.......I sit down....rubbing my hands together like a fat kid in a donut shop and I say to the teach....... forget about James.... or Kate...........lets talk Ironman. :)

I don't know about this size thing. I have only Run 2 marathons before but of course a lot of training runs up to around 30 km. I've never had this problem before and I wear the same model and size of shoe. Maybe it's just something to do with the way I was running on the day? Either that or my feet have grown in the last few weeks. I was once upon a time fitted at Athlete's Foot and they suggested that size for me.?

Wot happened at port mac?

If I was a teacher I would be like Jack Black in the movie School of Rock. It would be history or maths and the discussion would be Ironman stuff.

Come to think of it, we have parent teacher nights coming up at school. both my kids (y7 & Y10) have a maths teacher who did Cairns Ironman last weekend.

I can see it now.......parent teacher night.......I sit down....rubbing my hands together like a fat kid in a donut shop and I say to the teach....... forget about James.... or Kate...........lets talk Ironman. :)

Lol. I would love a parent to do this at parent teacher interviews! I like the way you think.

Wot happened at port mac?

No problems at Port Mac. I did have other injuries but not to do with my toenails. Actually now that I think about it I changed from an Asics Nimbus to GT 2000 straight after port because the physio thought that would help the problem that I had with my plantar fasciitis that developed at Port. Surely there sizing would be the same in all their model so? Maybe not. I don't want to be a size 8.5!

I use Asics Gel Noosa - The sizing differs across this range alone. I always get a 10.5 but the last 10.5 I got are quite a snug fit and the blister on my arch was about the size of 3 50c pieces. Always wear in a pair of shoes before you race. :(

I use Asics Gel Noosa - The sizing differs across this range alone. I always get a 10.5 but the last 10.5 I got are quite a snug fit and the blister on my arch was about the size of 3 50c pieces. Always wear in a pair of shoes before you race. :(

I did wear them in. For a 32km run and a few small ones, about 3 weeks worth. Did have a slight toe nail issue on one foot. I suppose that should've signaled to me! [emoji30]

No matter what shoe brand or size, I never get black toe nails in training but always do in racing. I sweat a lot and my theory is that it is due to the shoes getting wet / soaked and allowing my feet to move more than normal. Cairns was wet and I'm looking at some pretty bad toenails at the moment tho I'm not the disgusting type that posts photos of it for others to see ;)

No matter what shoe brand or size, I never get black toe nails in training but always do in racing. I sweat a lot and my theory is that it is due to the shoes getting wet / soaked and allowing my feet to move more than normal. Cairns was wet and I'm looking at some pretty bad toenails at the moment tho I'm not the disgusting type that posts photos of it for others to see ;)

[emoji14] But my feet and purple toe nails are pretty. Not like yours [emoji6]

Shoe sizing IMO - a thumb width from end of toe to end of shoe.

Athlete's Foot are always good at correct sizing either. Cause IMO the staff don't really care it is just a job to them not passionate about it.

If it was hotter conditions (yes was wet) your feet will swell more.

Totally agree

Your feet swell and sweat and is worse when hot etc

If you got the right size shoe that u need after 40 k then you it would be too big at the start of the run

I lost eight toe nails at UM Hawaii

I only lost 3 at the recent UMOZ

None at the first UMOZ

I always loose one or two in an IM depends on the conditions etc

Funnie thing is I've never even come close to loosening nails in trading despite doing lots of 60 plus k runs

Apart from being ugly , I don't see an issue with toenail loss during a race , as long as the pain isn't slowing you down

Cheers

Ivp

The pinnacle (so far) of Crankys thread topics. Do my shoes fit.

And considering I'm quite happy with my shoes, that is going to cause problems isn't it. I think I've used up all my questions for this lifetime! I don't have anything right now! Oh dear! What is this world coming to? [emoji22]

If you hadn't bullied her and foot shamed her, she wouldn't even be worried about her shoes.

You're so mean Turtle! :P

True true. Toe shaming is a blight on society. Im sorry..........

There was a guy on Coro drive this morning riding to work wearing a pair of these.

Lol. That's very sensible! I considered wearing mine in the pool!

Don't you live in Qld, what the hell are you doing with a pair of those?

Yes I do. I would die if I lived where you do. I freeze if the temperature drops below 20°c!

Yes I do. I would die if I lived where you do. I freeze if the temperature drops below 20°c!

haha, You get used to it (kind of).

Ask 'This-Guy32' he's all over it here, can't get enough. :lol:

I'm considering wearing a beanie to my girls netball game on the weekend. It's supposed to snow down to 600m here in Queensland this weekend

And considering I'm quite happy with my shoes, that is going to cause problems isn't it. I think I've used up all my questions for this lifetime! I don't have anything right now! Oh dear! What is this world coming to? [emoji22]

What about

What swim skin should I wear at Kona ?

What about

What swim skin should I wear at Kona ?

Ooooo yeah. Let's start that! I don't have one of them! !! Can you hear the Crankcitment in my voice? !

Plus - how much time will one save me over an IM swim? !!!

[emoji13] [emoji322]

Don't you live in Qld, what the hell are you doing with a pair of those?

Spose to be 1* at my place on the weekend. I might be wearing them to my kids sport. Certainly have enough times to work.

Spose to be 1* at my place on the weekend. I might be wearing them to my kids sport. Certainly have enough times to work.

Hah, we break out the sun cream once we're positive figures :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooo yeah. Let's start that! I don't have one of them! !! Can you hear the Crankcitment in my voice? !

Plus - how much time will one save me over an IM swim? !!!

[emoji13] [emoji322]

Small 2xu swim skin just gone up for sale in tri trade :-)

Zip ties and this home made bottle

http://www.tririg.com/articles.php?id=2014_01_Hydration_Shootout_Review&page=2

Voila - $10 bucks max

May as well use Cranky's thread, since that's where all the discussion has been!

So just zip ties are enough to hold the bottle cage? I face my bottle towards me as the way my bars and stem work, would mean having my bottle way forward and in the way of where I like to have my hands. So like this works fine eh?

45899a997d9bf84a971702aec82b7017.jpg

1811af13c4a169e475f715d26fc56c24.jpg

Looks great. But as you're stuck on the wind-trainer, can't you just lean over to the table & pick up a bottle?

I'm doing 5mins with no resistance, if I need to have a drink then I'm in more serious trouble than I expected!

May as well use Cranky's thread, since that's where all the discussion has been!

So just zip ties are enough to hold the bottle cage? I face my bottle towards me as the way my bars and stem work, would mean having my bottle way forward and in the way of where I like to have my hands. So like this works fine eh?45899a997d9bf84a971702aec82b7017.jpg1811af13c4a169e475f715d26fc56c24.jpg

Looks fine

Flatter would be better but if that's how it works then go with that

Bick looks good for a $100 special you keep telling us about

Well done

Cheers

Ivp

$250 thank you very much!!! I'm not quite that cheap ;) Yeah, it ain't gonna get flatter than that, but that little angle does keep the bottle out of the way of how I like to position my hands, so that's a bonus.

Archived