Trump is the President

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few posts of the last 24hrs have been deleted. I don't have time to go over the previous 96 pages.  If it's not adding value to the thread, discussing politics in a respectful manner towards th

If the last few months have taught me anything it’s that when you peel back the thin veneer the US is a mighty screwed up place on oh so many fronts.   

The sandbox is for non Tri related topics.  It’s not a place for people to carry on like idiots. 

Posted Images

Both Biden and Pelosi have said they will not support a trade deal with the UK if they go ahead and break international law as well as the Good Friday Agreement (the reason there is fragile peace in Northern Ireland) as per what Boris is advocating. I don't know if Trump has weighed into this yet, but if he agrees to a trade agreement with the UK, he should certaiy not be getting any kudos for a peace prize!

5 hours ago, more said:

That it is only a problem now that Trump has been nominated, unless of course they wrote a similar piece when Obama won it, in which case a take it back. 

They have to put in comment about Obama in this piece to have some semblance of rational thought, especially after Obama and Nobel have both expressed regret over it. 

You do realise that turned out to be fake don’t you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Might be worth considering this is not a football trophy, the award is more subtle than that:

In 1974, Yasser Arafat addressed the UN General Assembly. He said he was holding an olive branch for peace in one hand and a freedom fighter's pistol in the other. Twenty years later he and the Israeli leaders Peres and Rabin received the Peace Prize for having opted for the olive branch by signing the so-called Oslo Accords in Washington. The agreement was aimed at reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians.

Peres, Rabin and Arafat were all recognized for the choice they made, regardless of the journey to that point.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, more said:

Check out the line to get into the Trump rally in Nevada! Absolutely insane! 

Guess he wins in Vegas. 

I wonder if sleepy joe would get anyone like that?

Just now, Peter said:

Guess he wins in Vegas. 

I wonder if sleepy joe would get anyone like that?

I'm going to be super interested in how much of a backlash these BLM protests have. Another two police officers were shot in the head at point blank range yesterday. Somehow they survived and these scum bags are out the front of the hospital chanting die and oink etc 

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/protesters-outside-hospital-chant-we-hope-they-die-after-two-la-cops-ambushed-and-shot-in-the-head/news-story/9a086736b1029af15d20dc40d1c69e2b

Even if I hated Trump I reckon I would vote for him as a protest vote against the dems fostering this hostility against the police force. Will be interesting to see how many others feel the same. 

Looks like an interesting swing to Trump in Nevada if the crowd turn out is any indication:

The 2016 United States presidential election in Nevada, held on November 8, 2016 was part of the 2016 United States presidential election, and was won by Hillary Clinton with a 47.92% popular vote plurality over Donald Trump's 45.5%.[1] All of Nevada's 6 electoral votes were assigned to Clinton. Trump became the first Republican since William Howard Taft in 1908 to win the presidency without Nevada. This is also the first time since the 1976 election that the state has voted for the losing presidential candidate.

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

I was thinking, it would be so boring without Trump.  I hope he wins at least for my own selfish amusement for another 4 years. 

Maybe 8.

He claimed on the weekend that because he'd been targeted so badly by everyone for the past 4 years, and treated so badly, he would try to negotiate being allowed a 3rd term.

15 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Maybe 8.

He claimed on the weekend that because he'd been targeted so badly by everyone for the past 4 years, and treated so badly, he would try to negotiate being allowed a 3rd term.

lol.   I doubt even he could change the constitution amendment.   I have no doubt he will try though. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Maybe 8.

He's saying that just to troll. Very unbecoming for a president but he just doesn't give a f... It's pretty hilarious how wound up people get over him, he knows it and loves it. 

12 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

What a sook.

He's not having a sook, he's winding people up.. Lol

“Fifty-one days from now, we’re going to win Nevada, and we’re going to win four more years in the White House. And after we win four more years, we’ll ask for maybe another four or so,” Mr Trump said, sparking huge cheers from the crowd.

“Thank you very much. You know, whenever I say that, I watch - look at all that news back there, look at all that fake news,” he continued, pointing to the media section at the back of the room.

“When I say that, their heads explode.”

• Haha 1

He is absolutely winding people up.  

the people that he pisses off probably won’t even vote. Exactly what he wants.  

he seems dumb but the more I watch him, he is clever. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

Sounds like Paris Hilton

And like the Kardashians, all have made hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars from people 'thinking' they are dumb..guess they get the last laugh 

7 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Sounds like Paris Hilton

As of 2020, Paris Hilton's net worth is estimated to be $300 million, and she's one of the richest models in the world.

I don’t think she cares what people think of her 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Peter said:

I don’t think she cares what people think of her 

yep agree. I used to follow her on twitter. 

Her Grandad wrote her out of the Will after "the video" was released. Her response was, "So what I'll make more than that anyway" 

Even more unfathomable to me that Trump became president, is that someone still hasn't taken complete control of his social media!

10 minutes ago, goughy said:

Even more unfathomable to me that Trump became president, is that someone still hasn't taken complete control of his social media!

We really are witnessing something incredible. On one hand we have a public that have been treated with such contempt for so long, that the bar has been set so low that their president can make a tweet like this and it won't matter. 

And then on the other hand you have the Dems reinforce this contempt by giving them very little alternative by not only putting up a geriatric that isn't fit to run a corner store, but also sitting by for months on end while their cities burn. 

Is it really that hard to offer the public a half decent and competent alternative?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 6:19 PM, Prince said:

I was thinking, it would be so boring without Trump.  I hope he wins at least for my own selfish amusement for another 4 years. 

I think you meant I hope he wins for our amusement!!!

• Like 2

So for those on here who know more about US politics than I (which is almost everyone), in a situation like the peace deals that have been brokered by Presidents current and former, how much input does the president actually have, apart from making a grandiose announcement. 

I get the feeling that "back in the day" guys like Carter seemed to actually be involved in the negotiations and personally bringing the parties together, but I don't get the feeling that would be Trumps strong suit. 

... and for that matter what real input does the president have in most big decisions. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, roxii said:

So for those on here who know more about US politics than I (which is almost everyone), in a situation like the peace deals that have been brokered by Presidents current and former, how much input does the president actually have, apart from making a grandiose announcement. 

I get the feeling that "back in the day" guys like Carter seemed to actually be involved in the negotiations and personally bringing the parties together, but I don't get the feeling that would be Trumps strong suit. 

... and for that matter what real input does the president have in most big decisions. 

I'm guessing it's like all politicians (and most people in positions of power) where there is a good result it's because of their great work, when it's a poor result it's because of everone else's terrible work.. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Rather that derail this thread into Corona virus, why not leave it for discussion on the Trump. We started a separate thread for exactly what you’re talking about for that reason.

Only joking, terrible numbers, what a disaster....

Edited by more

I see that His Lardness of Orange publicly contradicted the CDC Director this morning by saying that he was confused about a question regarding the availability of a vaccine to the general public.

Leadership at its best.

15 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

I see that His Lardness of Orange publicly contradicted the CDC Director this morning by saying that he was confused about a question regarding the availability of a vaccine to the general public.

Leadership at its best.

He should just try Dan Andrews approach and lie and blame the public non stop. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, more said:

Rather that derail this thread into Corona virus, why not leave it for discussion on the Trump. We started a separate thread for exactly what you’re talking about for that reason.

Only joking, terrible numbers, what a disaster....

Its also a measure of the US system as a whole, NY CA are dem governors, it didn't care about politics. If he had put in place and Executive order would they follow it?

Germany is perhaps the example of a larger nation doing it well and they still have 2000 cases a day. Do think Trump could have acted faster and more decisively, but that holds true for UK Italy and others.

The USA is so big and networked that its a different problem. How this has been handled post June is the measure of his performance, and it still looks insanely high.

In two months we see how much of an issue it is for Joe Public

31 minutes ago, more said:

He should just try Dan Andrews approach and lie and blame the public non stop. 

I’m almost willing to bet he will get the number down to 5 and resign telling us all how good of a job he has done. When it was him that farked us in the first place. And then made scomo pay for it in jobkeeper and seeker etc....

17 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Its also a measure of the US system as a whole, NY CA are dem governors, it didn't care about politics. If he had put in place and Executive order would they follow it?

Can you provide an example of the sort of executive order that you think Trump should have issued which would be consistent with the federalist principles of the constitution? 

11 hours ago, more said:

This lady should be the President. She gets it 'if you can get someone to react emotionally and not rationally you control them' 

100% correct.  Which is why most political arguments are emotive as opposed to factual 

The obvious example is gun control 

On 18/09/2020 at 9:43 AM, IronJimbo said:

Cool, ok then...

The search and history function is not flash but it goes some thing like:

Stop international travel

Quarantine for returning US Citizens

Social distancing

Mask wearing

Hard and locked border on hotspots NY at the time (noting dem resistance)

Stay at home orders for hot spots

Ramp up PPE 

Stand up task force for contact tracing and control of high risk sectors aged care

Testing, self isolation

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Trump is very popular outside big cities. Friends are in rural Maryland this weekend, trump banners every where you go

I had my doubts but am certain Trump is going to win easily. Even the blacks are getting behind him now, sick and tired of the left whipping up race based hostility. 

BLM has set back race relations 70 years. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Its close  

85224B7A-BDA4-4396-92C9-32AD4FB1EB87.jpeg

If that’s the latest odds Trump has drifted out and Biden has shortened a little since last week. That said different betting agencies odds will differ slightly.

Edited by Mike Del

"A data scientist who correctly predicted Donald Trump’s shock victory over Hillary Clinton in 2016 says the US President is currently on track to win again.

Four years ago, Prof Stantic successfully picked the winner in 49 of the 50 American states. His lab also nailed the result of both the 2016 Brexit referendum and our own federal election last year.

In all three cases, public opinion polling pointed to the opposite result."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/us-election-data-guru-bela-stantic-reveals-donald-trump-is-on-track-to-win-again/news-story/cc04c8525c3046c2387092d2cfaafa38

Edited by more